General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.


  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Carbon Offsets for Travel to Mountaineers Trips During Participant Registration Process

    This feedback is to request that IT work the conservation and development teams to make changes to The Mountaineers website and sign-up/check-out process for all Mountaineers trips to allow registrants the option to partially offset their transportation-related carbon associated their travel by donating to a Mountaineers Carbon Footprint Reduction campaign. In addition to the donation ask, we would also like to allow registrants to share if they plan to carpool or if they will use an electric vehicle to travel to the activity. We understand this would take time, resources, and have implications for existing fundraising efforts. Thank you for…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Activity Registration Confirmation Email Change for Carbon Footprint Reduction ~Salesforce

    Per conversations with Jeff and Amber, I'm submitting feedback requesting tweaks to the confirmation email registrants receive after signing up for Mountaineers trips. The conservation and development teams would like to give registrants the option to partially offset their transportation-related carbon associated with each Mountaineers trip by donating to a Mountaineers Carbon Footprint Reduction campaign. We understand that prompting for this donation in the existing registration confirmation email would be an initial way to achieve this. Funds raised from this campaign would go toward energy reduction/net-zero projects at the Seattle Program Center and other efforts to reduce the carbon footprint…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Cicero Congressional District Matching for Salesforce Contacts ~Salesforce

    Our colleagues at American Whitewater turned us on to Salesforce congressional district matching through an application called Cicero. Having this kind of legislative information handy for our Salesforce contacts would be very valuable for our conservation and advocacy program, both from a digital advocacy standpoint, as well as for future congressional events/legislator engagements. American Whitewater staff found the application affordable and valuable for them. Cicero can be used in conjunction with a Tech Soup account. Thanks for your consideration!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Conservation & Advocacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. “Don’t Forget to Volunteer” Reminder Email ~Salesforce

    Please create another auto generated email that is sent to folks after six months from graduation (i.e. have earned a course badge) to remind them to consider volunteering. This draft can be found under the second heading as “Potential ‘don’t forget to volunteer’ reminder email” in the updated draft in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrRXmCqTQHNHA0vFPDT_X0F3dF2PeOzpT5gQi8glerA/edit#heading=h.vz61m7xwxy0m.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update "Congratulations on your new course badge!" Email

    Volunteers and I are working on clarifying pathways to volunteering. One of our ideas was to modify the “congrats on your new course badge” email that is sent to course graduates. We were thinking of adding emphasis to instruction and other volunteer leadership resources to create a pipeline from course graduate to volunteer instructor. With the hope that they will consider other volunteer leadership roles in the near future. Wanted to ask you both if it would it be possible to modify the below email that is currently sent out to course graduates to the this updated draft:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrRXmCqTQHNHA0vFPDT_X0F3dF2PeOzpT5gQi8glerA/edit.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Month/Week/Day View Duplicated at Bottom of Calendar

    Can we duplicate the month/week/day strip from the top of the calendar down at the bottom of the calendar? It would be handy to have it at the bottom as well, especially with the forward/backwards arrows so we can switch months when we are looking at the bottom of the calendar. Either that or an infinite scroll to go from month to month. Or both!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create "Out of Region" Branch Option

    (1) We would like to add a “Out of State” or “Out of Region” branch option for folks. The reason is that we have~400-500 folks who do not live within a reasonable driving distance from any of our branches, and it makes sense from a reporting standpoint to have an accurate count for membership association, particularly because historically most of these people have been added to the Seattle branch. The need for this is to get accurate reporting and also because it impacts our communications strategies.

    (2) We want to automatically subscribe people to branch newsletters. This will be only…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Checkout as Guest" Option for Purchasing Gift Memberships

    Currently, there is no option to checkout as a guest when attempting to purchase a gift membership and no error message or prompt to login. The item is removed from cart at checkout screen without explanation.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Feedback Load Speed Issues for Committee Admins GH3610

    When the committee admins use the "View Committee Feedback” button, but when they click it, it is often slow to respond or returns a timeout error.

    0 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Completed Nov 2021.


    The biggest issue here was the amount of feedback to aggregate. We defaulted to “Lifetime” which is all the data. Here is what we fixed and how we recommend using committee/leader feedback:


    • Set the default to the “Last 12 Months” filter so it loads albeit a little slowly.
    • Moved the "Lifetime" filter to the bottom. Be sure to only use it in combination with either a leader filter or a course template filter. Those are typically      small enough data sets to not cause a timeout.
    • Replaced the date filter widgets with the more modern version, and one that actually works.


    It’s lot of work to improve the load time for “Lifetime” and we need to upgrade the forms we use for feedback, so we’ll tackle this later with the upgrade.

  10. Convert Branch Dashboards to Google Data Studio

    With some new tools that allow us to automatically update a Google sheet from a Salesforce report and the tools available in Google Data Studio, we can convert the Branch Dashboards we built in Salesforce to Google Data Studio. This makes them easy to share with anyone who needs access without needing costly licenses.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move the "Manage Registration" Button on Mobile View

    It would be helpful for the 'Manage Registration' button to be moved to someplace more prominent for students registering with their mobile device. Right now it is at the bottom of the page which is confusing for students and often generates a lot of emails on registration days. Another solution might be to make the button appear on each activity page for students that are registered in a course. Right now its a maddening cycle of referring back to the course page because people can't figure out where the button is located.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Waiver Expiration Date Column to Roster

    Add a column to the program committee roster (or individual course rosters) displaying the waiver expiration date. Today the FT Coordinators find out about expired waivers only when they are trying to add instructors to the activity. Instead, a column in the roster (main committee roster or individual course roster) will help them proactively act on the situation.

    I assume other programs and branches will also benefit from this column as the process for waiver verification is cumbersome! Happy to chat more if needed! Thanks!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Inclusion with senior/ adult members wanting to add kids as guest to family activities

    When you go to try to select a "Guest Family" membership and already have a different type of membership you get the message:

    "You are choosing to change your membership from Senior or Adult to Guest Family. Click OK to continue, or Cancel to keep your current membership type."
    Could this be added to this message: "Please contact member services at info@mountaineers.org if you would like to include a family member as a guest and are not able to upgrade to a family
    membership at this time. We may be able to assist you."

    This will support family in all…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the concept of an "after hours" weekday activity, allow for filtering by that value

    Based on https://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7486552-display-activity-start-time-next-to-date

    Many people work during the day. It would be useful if we could search for activities that are designed to be "after work".

    The original concept of filtering by start time was shot down in 2016, maybe this concept of a binary flag is more achievable?

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export feature for My Activities and My Courses and Programs lists

    Add export features (to CSV or Excel) to enable members to easily export lists of Activities and Courses (historical and active/posted in the future). It could be similar to rosters Export option.

    6 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "Permission Requested" Status

    I wonder why we don't simply add folks who request permission to the roster as a Permission Requested status instead of the current system. When I have a bunch of permission requests in my email, if I'm not thinking about it, it's very easy to process those requests in the wrong order, starting with the most recent instead of the oldest. If the were on their own section of the roster (such as with the waitlist) and sorted by request time, it would be much easier to go down the list in the right order. It would also address another…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide Activity Feedback from participants/students to Asst. & Co- Leaders

    After an activity participants are asked to provide feedback. This feedback loop is an important component of leadership development and allows leaders to learn how their approach is being received. However, Asst and Co-Leaders do not have access to this information and miss out on a valuable learning opportunity. For some, especially less experienced Asst Leaders, they may be tempted to emulate behavior they saw from a leader without the knowledge of how that was received by participants. In addition there may be comments, good or bad, about the Asst/Co- Leaders. Seems like not automatically sharing this with the entire…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    On Hold  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add COVID-19 badge to activity and lodge stay rosters

    To make vaccine verification easier, a number of volunteers have asked about adding a COVID-19 Vaccine badge column directly to activity rosters, viewable from the main roster page. This way leaders don't have to download rosters or click into individual member profiles.

    Additionally, lodge stay rosters do not have the same badge field that activity rosters have. A number of lodge hosts have expressed the need to be able to view badges from the roster page, in any format (but preferably through a direct COVID-19 Vaccine badge column).

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Equivalency Candidate Badges

    Give Committee members the ability to award short-duration badges to Equivalency candidates, to allow candidates to manage their own instructor registrations as part of the requirements for demonstrating equivalency

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    5 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Our current system allows Committee Admins to create Equivalency Courses  for tracking and graduating Equivalency Candidates. In the Equivalency  Course Template, Committee Admins can designate an existing student  badge or a course badge as an “Enrolled Badge,” which will be assigned to Equivalency candidates for the duration of their enrollment in the Equivalency Course. This allows them to sign up for trips or instructor opportunities that require that badge so that they can meet their requirements for Equivalency.

  20. No need for leader phone number in leaders permission email

    When someone submits for leader permission, I get an e-mail with information about the requestor and activity -- but curiously it has my own leader information including phone number.

    Since I end up just directly replying to those e-mails, which routes to the requestor, I've inadvertently been sending my phone number back to them all. Can the phone number be removed from the requestor form? It doesn't seem necessary

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base