Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

744 results found

1. Make 'alternative place' names visible from Routes (see GH1476?)

The alternative place names that are accessible partway through setting up a trip are of limited usefulness when you cannot view them beforehand. For example - I tried to set up a hike going to West Tiger #2. I couldn't see that there was such a route under the WT 1-2-3; I ended up setting up the trip under WT 3, using the Section Line alternative (at least partly correct). Learning of the existence of the WT#2, I was unable to Edit the trip via the WT 1-2-3 as the alternatives don't appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. People Search

This was spawned off from an existing thread:
    https://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/37230223-integrate-fuzzy-logic-to-text-search-gh2837

It was clear that "fuzzy search" as implemented there did not translate into a good people search experience.

BACKGROUND

Currently, the only way to search for members (contacts) is through the sitewide search mechanism. While we have dedicated search pages for "Find Activities", "Find Routes & Places" and "Find Courses, Clinics & Seminars", we have no such dedicated page for finding members. Your options are to either find them on some roster you have access to or to rely on the sitewide search.

The problem is that the general sitewide search…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exportable PDF Feedback Reports

BACKGROUND

I have the ability to see my feedback history. As a committee admin I have the ability to see a portion of the feedback history for anyone who has led a trip for my committee. I cannot see the feedback history for someone who has led trips for some other committee.

USE CASE

As a Leadership Chair for various committees (current and past) I review leadership applications. Often these prospective leaders are already leaders for another branch and/or committee. As part of the feedback gathering process, it is important for me as the Leadership Chair to gather as much…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please unsubscribe me. I did not renew my membership, so please drop me from all mailings. THANK YOU

Please unsubscribe me. I did not renew my membership, so please drop me from all mailings, THANK YOU!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Difficulty Label Changes

The long-form of this proposal with better formatting and screenshots is here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vef3Nw-ulHzJdeKUhYSv95PX7FcAcigM7R2z6H5tn8g/edit?usp=sharing

This is a copy-paste and loses formatting:

==========================

Problem
    All trips posted have a “Difficulty” rating and a “Leader Rating” value, but trip listings only display the Difficulty rating. Sometimes the difficulty of a trip is indicated by the combination of the difficulty field and the trip template. For example, an Intermediate Snowshoe is posted using an “Intermediate Snowshoe” template and will have a difficulty label to indicate how strenuous the trip is expected to be. Other activities, such as Cross-Country Skiing, indicate the trip difficulty solely…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Donation & membership from IRA

It would be good to have clearly indicated instructions for sending a check for donations and membership. For older members, making a QCD requires a check and cannot be made via credit card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. finding activities

I never seem to be able to locate an activity to participate in. Latest example: Your naturalist page says there is a moss and lichen course and field trip to Redmond Watershed park in February. If I search Moss and Lichen course I find only an instructors course and no such field trip.

And then to send this message I had to sign in and I was already signed in. Really?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "Tag" option to pages and a "Suitcase" where i can store pages i want to consult again

Like on Alltrails, WTA, etc. I'd like to be able to build my own bespoke repository of pages from the portal that i want to be able to easily access again and again -- whether it be references to how to use the portal, or blog entries, or trailheads, routes, etc.
    Best would be to be able to sort them into something like sub-folders, or tag them with my own memorable tags to be able to manage them when it starts bulking up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep Me Logged In!

For the Mountaineers website when logging in there used to be a feature to check a check box that says "Remember Me" which would keep you logged in. Now that feature is no longer there and I keep getting logged out of the website, and have to keep logging back in which is a bit of an inconvenience and annoyance.

Can the Mountaineers add that feature back to the login so I can stay logged in and I'll have to keep logging in every time I visit the website?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Generate iCal calendar for any course activities, regardless of participation status

I often have to manually transcribe the multiple events from a course into my personal google calendar. This is error prone and time consuming, and I bet most people do this.

It would be awesome if the "course requirements" section of a course page that shows all the events would also contain a link to the iCal of that course so I can add all the events to my personal google calendar with a single click.

This would be useful to do with any course, not just the ones I am signed up with:
    - for the courses I want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Confirmation email for rolling enrollment classes is confusing in some cases

Currently when a student registers for a course that has rolling enrollment they receive an automated confirmation that includes the following paragraph:

"This course is a rolling enrollment style course meaning there are multiple sets of lectures and field trips. Please make sure that you are signed up for the specific field trip and lecture dates that are available and/or fit your schedule.You should have received additional activity email confirmations for these specific dates."

This is confusing in cases where 1) the course consists solely of lectures or field trips but not both, or 2) the course consists solely of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. demographics updates

I noticed that my demographic in my member profile had the wrong age group (unfortunately I continue to age). I only noticed it because I've been doing website testing today. Maybe there can be a prompt (or even a forcing function) for members to review their entire profile including preferences and demographics annually, as I'm sure other things change for members as well (marital status, activity interests, student status, etc). Maybe a button to go along with the waiver that forces them to scroll through their profile and select "I have reviewed and updated my profile" or something like that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a menu option for "My Committees"

Currently users can get to their committee pages by going to "My Profile" and clicking on the appropriate link. This works fine for experienced website users. The logical place to look for your committees is through the "My Branch" page, but this is tedious and requires scrolling through all the committees and subgroups in the branch. Please add a menu option for "My Committees" that will take all users directly to a list of their committees (or even to the section of their profile with the links).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change mobile view for books side to show cart instead of donate button and/or login

Currently when you visit a product page on mobile the two primary nav options are "donate" and "log in/join" - both of which don't serve books as well as a cart would. If someone clicks on an ad, is directed to this page, they won't even know they are able to buy the book without scrolling down, and the login portion feels like we are gatekeeping our books.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a way to tell if leader has unread feedback

Currently, there is no indication if a participant has submitted feedback after a leader has viewed the feedback. Personally, I check for feedback a few days after the activity, and if someone adds feedback after that I probably won’t ever see it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update webpage text for how to close an activity

On https://www.mountaineers.org/volunteer/schedule-manage/activities#closing-activities

it states 'When viewing the activity, click on the "Roster" button in the orange admin panel on the left side of the screen. Under "Set Activity Results", you can choose a Trip Result, then click the "Save" button.'

It seems that 'close activity' has been moved out of the Roster section, and into a 'Manage Activity' section on the right hand side of the page. The text should be updated to indicate that.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't create a page without it showing up in dropdown navigation - books

I create a new page under "Special Book Lists," I keep it marked private, I create a publish date for the future, and I mark "exclude from navigation" and it STILL shows up in the dropdown navigation on the live site when not logged in (and when logged in). When clicked it goes to a login page as the page is "private" but it is still showing the title of page under the Books dropdown navigation. It makes it impossible for me to create anything in advance without it showing up to the public. In this case it's for a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Senior Membership Notification Email

Members Services receives a lot of inquiries from members about wanting to switch their membership from family or adult to senior, mid-membership cycle. They reach out in response to an email that we send, alerting them (on their birthday) to enroll in our senior membership now that they are 65. Since they pay upfront for the year, it doesn't make sense to retroactively refund each person that turns 65 mid-membership cycle. And if they enroll in the senior membership, they would be paying two separate membership costs for the year. Could we prompt the "senior membership invite" email via their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow seminars to be displayed on the home page with events

Right now, even if you add the Home Page tag to a seminar it still doesn't show up on the Home Page when upcoming activities are shown. This has meant that I have to create a duplicate of the seminar as an event to get it to show up. This is a lot of extra work. Can we please be allowed to add the Home Page tag to seminars and have them come up on the Home Page?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mid-level Supporter membership type

A new family-style membership type for those who want to support our mission with a higher giving level (somewhere between Family and Peak Society)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?