Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

52 results found

1. Catch and Handle API Tax Rate Exceptions GH2919

As a site visitor purchasing books and/or merchandise, show me an error message if the tax API fails so I know how to get my order placed. We think the best is to retry a few times and if that fails use a fallback rate from site settings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Re-sync Failed Plone-Acumen Transactions GH2921

Add a "Re-sync to Acumen button to receipt pages to enable Mountaineers staff to re-sync a transaction to Acumen. With power outages, Acumen posting, and server maintenance, this will make it easier to get any missed orders to Acumen without having to enter them manually.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Default Shipping Selection on WA web Book Orders GH3613

Make Surepost Default selection on WA web orders (instead of pickup option).

This will make a significant difference in terms of minimizing the folks that leave curbside selected but actually need their stuff shipped. This issue arises multiple times per week and getting them switched back to shipping is a very manual/time consuming process. It would also significantly lessen curbside returns (we are seeing a fair amount of folks that order curbside but never pick up).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pre-order/Backorder User-applied Promo Codes GH3045

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a book, allow me to enter a promo code on the payment page, so that I can receive a discount if one is offered. And display the automatically applied promo code the member discount.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve Universal Header Search for Books GH3048

Overall we need to better promote books when using the site search in the universal header when the Books global header is being viewed. Here is some data and an idea. There are more ideas in the comments.

** When author name searched their books appear too far down results **

When an author name is typed into the search bar often their books are found waaaay down the page, as is the case with these results when searching Molly Hashimoto and Heather Anderson:

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  6 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve Address Entry & Management GH2975/3062/3146

(1) When a user buys books or merchandise and checks out as a guest, use the shipping address they entered as the billing address on the page where we collect their credit card information. Or maybe it's better if we add a "Billing address is same as shipping address" checkbox above the billing address fields. This seems like the better, more common user experience.

(2) Add shipping address fields to the contact profile and rename "address" fields to billing address. Use the shipping and billing addresses as defaults for purchase for logged in users. Sync the shipping address to Salesforce.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Backordered and Pre-order Books & Merchandise: Charge & Ship SD627/654/655/656/662

As a customer allow me to pre-order or backorder a book that is not yet available or out of stock. When the book is available, charge my credit card, and ship the book I ordered to the shipping address I specified.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recommended Reading for Events GH3551/SD583

Show a list of the “recommended reading” when RSVPing for an event so that members and guests may more easily purchase books for events like BeWild and new book releases.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Books & Maps: Add a Revision Date GH3284

For books and maps, add a Revision Date in addition to the Publication Date. This is helpful for book reprint dates where some corrections and revisions may be made. It is especially helpful for maps there generally do not have new editions that get a new ISBN and Publication Date, but are revised and updated every few years.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pre-order/Backorder vs. Shopping Cart Clarification GH3072/3547

As a user, when pre/backordering something show me a notification that this process is separate from my other items (if I have other available items in my cart).

I'd like to see some sort of alert during/before reaching "/delayed-shipping" page that back/pre orders are not processed at the same time as the rest of the items in my cart. Reason being I'd like to avoid confusion during/after user has input all their information.

Ideally, is it possible to...
    1) Check if the cart is currently empty (if so, proceed as usual)
    2) If cart /= empty, perhaps an in-frame pop-up?…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pre-order/Backorder Quantity GH3044

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a a book, allow me to enter a quantity that is applied when I click the "pre-order" or "backorder" button, and allow me to change this on the payment page, so that I may pre- or backorder more than one copy of a book at a time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Creating book/product bundles GH2996

I'd like to return the ability to create bundles in Plone, e.g. Day Hiking bundle.

Right now, the problem with the old way of doing bundles are a) Acumen -> Plone inventory would always show 0, a1) "faking" inventory has no way to stop if 1 or more book in bundle runs out, and b) a pain to create royalties/requires too many staff to set up a single product

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Book Author Import GH2780/2803

(1) Set up author bios to get exported/imported the same way that we do the book long descriptions, to avoid the need to truncate them.

(2) In the Acumen-Plone sync, automatically check the "Show in byline" box for all contacts if there are three or fewer authors on the book's roster. Note that we'll manually update book rosters for this when there are four or more on the book's roster.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Limiting amount of text for "Featured Authors" on the homepage GH2795

On the books homepage (https://www.mountaineers.org/books), some authors will have a lot more text show up on the "Feature Authors" portlet. Can we limit that to only display a maximum of 10 lines (or whatever looks the nicest), perhaps with a "Read More" link to expand the text if needed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Backordered and Pre-ordered Books & Merchandise: Email Notification SD306

As a site visitor. for books and merchandise items that are "out of stock," that is backordered or per-ordered, allow me to request an email notification when the item is back in stock so I can choose to purchase the item then if I still want it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Books Home Page: Social Media Feed SD633

As a site visitor show me a Mountaineers Books social media feed on the home page so that I may keep up with the latest news from Mountaineers Books.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import Events from Facebook (upgrade plone.app.events) SD628

As Mountaineers staff I need to import events from Facebook (that I exported to a .ics file) to an "events" folder on our website so that I do not have to double enter items.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cancelled  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Promo Codes: Offer Discount for Books Added via a Registration Process SD425

As a person registering for a course, course activity, trip activity or an event, give me a discount on any of the books that I added to my shopping cart from the book page shown at the end of the registration process. When I'm viewing the recommended books page, during checkout it will show me the amount of discount I'll receive.

If I have a member promo code in the same cart, whichever promo code is greater will apply (the better deal). This book promo code will apply even if I register for the course at a different time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use different formatting for book title and subtitle in search GH2782

It is really messy looking at book titles in their search results view that have subtitles because its all the same big font.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sell eBooks Online SD286/310/413

Add eBook products to the website "shop" and links to the My Purchases page receipts and may be a separate My eBooks page so that eBooks can download.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?