General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Leader's Permission Request activation date

It is unclear when leader permission for an activity should be requested. Some leaders may intend for the request to occur after registration opens, but many requests are in advance. Wise trip leaders make it clear in the description. It might take some burden off leaders to assign a date to this that is visible on the activity.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Satellite communicator contact information

It would be useful to have satellite communicator addresses on the roster along with contact information. This could be voluntarily entered on the member page, not publicly visible, just of use by the roster, similar to the emergency contact.

The reasoning: Unless replying to a message, a person's Garmin InReach can only be contacted directly using this InReach address. However, these are seldom shared among party members. The ability to directly contact a party member via satellite is a powerful tool in an emergency. Separated party members could communicate with each other. Overdue parties might be contacted. Additional contact would…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Magnuson South Wall Climbing Reservations

This page has confused me a few times. The Seattle Park Department does not manage reservations. It would be nice to have updated information about the south wall here.

Open public use?
    Any reservation system?
    Bolted?
    Check for exclusive reservations, where?

https://www.mountaineers.org/locations-lodges/seattle-program-center/events/magnuson-reservation

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gift-card Balance or Store Credit

This is similar to:
    http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/33887968-promo-codes-dollar-amount-discount-for-entire-s

However, I would suggest instead of promo codes that we simply maintain a "store credit" for each member, kind of like how on Amazon you have a gift card balance. You could use the balance as payment for anything on the Mountaineers website like books, courses, donations, etc.

You could use it for things like volunteer recognition (eGift-cards) but, more importantly, we could use it to have a unified, consistent policy toward late course cancellations.

Prior to the course registration closing date, students could cancel for a full refund less the cancellation fee (the current…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View PDF files stored on the website in the browser

Allow PDF (and other browser viewable files) to be viewed in the browser.

The Seattle Sea Kayaking Committee is storing minutes as PDF documents. When you click on the file name (blue) what happens depends on the browser you are using. Some browsers (Firefox) allows the user to choose to download or view in a browser window. Other browsers (Safari and Chrome on Mac) always download the file.

If I just want to view the file, having it downloaded to my computer is inconvenient. Now I must navigate to the downloaded file, open it, and later decide if I want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it more clear that a member is under the age of 18

I can't guarantee that any of my volunteer instructors are "youth qualified" so it should be more clear on a member's profile that they are under the age of 18.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Leader's Permission Required SHOULD MEAN LEADER'S PERMISSION REQUIRED

It's hard enough dealing with the instructors and other participants that can not or will not read and understand the posting of an activity, course, field trip, ANYTHING let alone dealing with someone that registers without getting permission to do so. What is the point of having a check box or radio button if there is no functionality behind it?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional Roles for Course Rosters

For Course rosters people can be associated with one of a hard-coded list of roles and can be advertised as a public contact for the course in that role. We are proposing that the list of roles be extended to better support current common practices. Specifically, we propose adding the following roles:

Co-leader
    Assistant Leader
    Content Manager

The Co-leader and Assistant Leader roles are self explanatory. Larger courses may want to show multiple leaders as public contacts but still be able to identify a single person as the primary leader.

The Content Manager is the person who manages registration and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Additional Positions for Committee Rosters

For Committee rosters people can be associated with one of a hard-coded list of positions and can be advertised as a public committee contact in that position. The way Mountaineers Committees are typically administered has changed over the last few years. We are proposing that the list of positions be extended to better support current common practices.

We propose adding the following positions:

Safety
    Vice Chair
    Chair Elect
    Chair Emeritus

"Safety" is meant to indicate the Safety Officer. Most Committees are now basing their Committee Charter on the Clubwide charter template, which specifies that the committee have a Safety Officer.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Response to feedback in an email

We still are constantly fighting to create a culture to provide more feedback, near misses, and such. If the feedback survey is short and also can be directly responded via email - we may see some more reports.
    Also, "please share why you choose above rating" questions don't return much responses and suggest combining it with "is there anything else that you'd like to add" or "do you have any additional comments about the learning environment" question with a change to the text to reflect the same.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

On Hold  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Separate waivers or options in the waiver for photography

Given the club's push for inclusiveness, it may be (inadvertently) restrictive to require photography as part of the club's waiver. There are numerous reasons why individuals might opt to not be photographed, including general privacy, cultural restrictions on photographic imaging, protection related to domestic and other safety concerns.

Perhaps offer several membership waiver options (OK to photograph, ask permission with a particular photo, no photographs).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Searchable committee minutes

We hold meetings, take minutes, and archive them. The ability to search past minutes will be very useful. In fact, I think that searching for when the committee discussed some topic - and what was decided - will be the most common way that I reference our meeting minutes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The text files in all PDF files on our website are indexed and we can add a search portlet to any area of our website. If you have a committee or folder or anywhere else on our website within where this would be beneficial, please send an email to info@mountaineers.org.

Here are two examples of the search portlet in use:

Blog: https://www.mountaineers.org/blog

The Mountaineer Annuals: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/history/the-mountaineer-annuals

13. Filters at top of site search results do not work as expected

Enter text in site search bar in the header and hit enter. Results are shown with four buttons at top (Find Books, Find Events, Find Courses, Find Activities). Hit "Find Books" and the results are refreshed and show me things not related to what I searched for (not sticky to the search term I entered). Expected result is the search term result list is filtered to just books. See screenshots.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add MountainQueers to Search

Add MountainQueers as affinity group to green search bar, similar to how we have "Singles", "Families", etc. If possible make this an easier area to update for the future as we look to expand our affinity groups.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gift Memberships for Renewals

Why are gift memberships restricted to new members? Every year I'm asked what I'd like for my birthday and Christmas. It would be delightful if my family members could renew my Mountaineers membership. I get the benefir of the Mountaineers and my family gets the benefit of giving it to me. That certainly beats another tie. I prefer gifts which are not "things". I have enough possessions already.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing this idea. We’d love to eventually create functionality on the website to renew a membership for someone else. In the meantime, you can do this any time by calling our member services team at 206-521-6001.

16. Assign the Stewardship Credit Badge Based on Stewardship Activity Volunteer Hours

Once participants can more easily be assigned volunteer hours for participating in a stewardship activity (see Allow Participants to be Bulk Assigned Volunteer Hours, http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/41829865-allow-participants-to-be-bulk-assigned-volunteer-h), assign (or remove) the Stewardship Credit badge based on having 8 or more stewardship volunteer hours in the last 365 days (removing this badge if a person has it and their stewardship volunteer hours are less than 8 in the last 365 days).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Participants to be Bulk Assigned Volunteer Hours GH3364

Our requirement for the Stewardship Credit badge is 8 hours of stewardship-related work which can be obtained many ways. We have many stewardship activities, but some of them only require 2-4 hours of work. To make this easier to track, we'd like to be able to bulk assign volunteer hours to participants in these cases

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expired Youth Forms Notification

Youth forms expire every year. It would be super beneficial if there could be an email notification to families when the form(s) expire. Currently I have to go into every child's profile, check to see if their forms are current or expired, and then email each family that has a child with expired forms. This takes up a significant amount of time that I could be using to improve the curriculum and trips for our youth. Expired forms make it so the families can't sign up for trips; through observation, the families already have a hard enough time figuring out…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Youth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automate Seattle PC Lobby TV Display

Set up a way to automatically display information on the Seattle Program Center lobby television/monitor based on event data from Salesforce, a per-designed template, and a set of chosen images.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Route/Place Missing Photo Finder

Develop a way to find Routes & Places that are missing a photo so that anyone may find a route/place where we need a photo to make our website more content rich.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base