General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portrait Photo Orientation

This is for the tech forum and website.

Whenever I want to upload one of the awesome pictures from one of my outings, I am limited only to landscape view. For some reason, the website automatically flips it to landscape if I upload a portrait view.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Pronoun Field to Rosters - Part 2 GH2887

We not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

Part 1 - Add pronoun field to profile edit form and profile display.

Part 2 - Add pronoun field to roster displays and downloads.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Registration Portlet Checkbox Update for Adult Courses GH2751

For an adult registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program), display this text The leader of this course has explicitly given me permission to register and I understand I may be permanently deleted from the roster if I sign up without that permission. I further verify that I have the skill requirements necessary to safely participate. {Request Leader's Permission} if no application form URL is specified and the person registering is not a youth.

For a youth registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program"), display a checkbox with this text …

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display "Leader's Permission Required" and Registration Opening Date on Field Trip Pages

It would be nice if it showed up the page I look at and have the opening date like the climbs I post.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Activity Feedback Chart Color Scheme

Feedback Color Coding. The colors used for a Great Trip (RED) to Terrible Trip (Green) seem backwards to me, and should be in reverse order to the way they are now. Red usually means there's something wrong and green usually means everything's great Go.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Rich Text Editing When Sending Email from the Website SD345

When sending email from the website, allow the use of simple rich text formatting (bold, italic, hyperlinks, etc.) and adding attachments when sending email from a roster or the carpool features on our website.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a link to native-land.ca in each routes & places description

I'd love to have a sentence or two in each routes & places description that says something like "This place is the traditional land of Native peoples. Find out more about the Native tribes that have stewarded this land since time immemorial at native-land.ca."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. First Nation Land Acknowledgement

I recommend placing a First Nation land acknowledgement statement on the bottom of The Mountaineers webpages. As an organization, we should recognize the ancestors and current stewards of the lands we live, work, and recreate on. A great example of this is already on the Braided River website/webpages. https://www.braidedriver.org/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Date/Time Calendar widget a consistent format

Across the site I have discovered that the date/time calendar widget is not in the same format (some have Saturday/Sunday at the beginning/end of the week; others have Sat/Sun at the end of the week). In general this is fine, but when you're adding LOTS of activities for entire program year it's significantly more time consuming because you have to pay closer attention to which day you are clicking. And, there's a higher likelihood of choosing the wrong date because visually it is in a different location on each calendar widget. It would be preferred if all calendar widgets had…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Merchandise Style, Color, and Size to Purchase Receipt

Add the style, color, and size of a merchandise item on the purchase receipt so that the customer may verify they purchase the correct item, especially when they purchase more than one of a set of similar items.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lead Activity Again via "Single Activity Cloning" GH3234

To make it easier for leaders to schedule an activity that they've already led, add what is sort of a copy-and-paste/single clone feature and display on the Lead Activity Again button in the "Manage Activity" portlet.

This new "single clone" feature would:
    - Create a copy of the activity
    - Place it in the same folder as the activity being copied
    - Increment it's URL as if it were made by staring with the route/place
    - Run all of error and conflict checks
    - Display the newly added/copied activity's edit form with any errors

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add filtering capability in Committee Rosters

Within Committee rosters, currently you can "Sort" members by group, but not "Filter" them. The "Sort" tool is not very helpful, as many members have multiple roles (Leader, Instructor, Committee member, etc). When I click on "Groups" to sort my committee's roster, it sorts them as follows:
    1. Members who are Admins, Instructors, and Committee members
    2. Members who are Admins, Instructors, and Leaders
    3. Members who are Admins, Instructors, Leaders and Committee members
    4. Members who are Instructors only
    5. Members who are Instructors and Committee members
    6. Members who are Instructors and Leaders
    7. Members who are Instructors,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Kilometres to the "Length Units" on the posting activity page.

We should have this option- we can post the km on the Pace. It makes absolutely no sense that we can't post the distance of the pace they are moving at with the same measurement
    Maybe we should get onto the '70s and make this an option?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your idea. Unfortunately, we need to decline this. As the overwhelming majority of our courses take place in the United States, where the standard unit of measurement is the imperial system, we’ve designed the website to work within this system. We do not have capacity to expand to kilometres at this time.

14. Link Green Trails Maps Purchase to Activities & Courses Listings

Populate course and activity listings with Green Trails map purchases in parallel with Mountaineers Books listings. Why? 1) Facilitate, encourage carrying hard copy topo maps. 2) Support Books efforts to recover lost revenue

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Blog Authors

Allowing for multiple blog authors would be a great way to recognize all volunteers who contribute to a piece.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Badge Rosters Access

To implement the new climbing leader progression (as well as the recently updated snowshoe leader progression), please give committee admins access to edit leader badge rosters. While there's a very small risk that someone could accidentally remove a person from a different branch from a badge roster, that's simple to fix. (note: if it can be possible to manager leader badges via the committee roster, that would also be a workable solution).
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Much like the “Access to Badge Rosters” idea, http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/6746686-access-to-badge-rosters, we have declined this idea.

The practical constraints are that badge rosters are a compilation of other rosters managed through different avenues. Meaning course admins can grant badges through their course rosters by graduating students, and committee admins manage leader badges through their committees. We recognize that some committees need to assign more than one leader badge and that not all leaders get the same badge(s). We have the “Multiple Badges Within a Committee” idea, http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/37059466-multiple-badges-within-a-committee-gh2933, for this.

The technical constraints are that (1) adding sharing permissions was partly broken in the Plone 5 update—fixing it is at least a small project, and (2) badge roster pages have issues that need fixed for them to be used for this.

One option to relieve staff from having to add leaders to badge rosters and until the “Multiple Badges Within a…

17. Alphabetical sort for rosters has disappeared

Before the May plone update committee, course and activity rosters could be sorted by name which was very helpful when comparing rosters and trying to find peoples names to manage rosters. Right now when you have a roster for over 12 people it becomes more difficult to manage rosters. Hopefully since we used to have this functionality it can be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "Online Classroom" and "Hybrid" as filter options for courses.

In this time of Covid19, make it easier for users to sort/filter by distance learning options.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix committee/roster visibility for committee members to where it previously was

Prior to the latest website update, any committee member was able to click on a committee link on their profile to go to the roster for their committee and also to see the roster for their committee even if they weren't an admin. This functionality has been lost with the update and many committee members found this extremely helpful even if we didn't need full admin privileges. As just one important aspect of this functionality, this is the only way to find one's fellow committee members and send an email to everyone. Would be great for this to be fixed…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add our COVID Code of Conduct to website GH 3445/3446/3447/3450/3455

Add text acknowledging our COVID Code of Conduct, including a link to the reference page(s), to the event/activity creation page and the registration pop-up. Also add a note about the Code of Conduct to the top of all event and activity listings.

Add donation requests to free activities and events.

Better emphasize donation request in checkout process.

Add "Include credit card fees" for donations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base