General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't Show "Waitlist Warning" Message for an Activity in the Past GH2823

To improve the activity closing process (activity end date is in the past), don't show the message, "registration has closed- please check your waitlist," when editing a roster record.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exception for seniors.

Exception for seniors.
    Reference: BAKER’S DOZEN Offered by the Bellingham Branch, asks that you climb no more than 5 peaks per year to achieve this, but since I will be just short of 65 next year when I attempt it, I was wondering if an exception might be made for seniors, since we may not live long enough for multi-year attempts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Required Input Needed error on roster

When you are trying to add someone to the roster it often spits back a "Required Input Needed" error even when you have entered someone's name or email correctly. Fortunately you can just hit Save and override error message but its confusing for new leaders.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a trip plan upload and PLB checkbox GH2824

Add the ability to upload a "trip plan" to an activity. In addition, we would like a checkbox that indicates if the trip party is planning to carry a PLB. The ability to upload a trip plan is priority #1, and the PLB checkbox is priority #2 (if it is not a lot of additional work).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Course activity review tool for courses with 2-3 activities SD664

Include some bulk review and update tools for courses where we only 2-3 required activities. For courses like WFA, Navigation or Basic Snowshoeing with just a couple required field trips/lectures make a roster preview and download that allows you see that a student is registered for all required activities and then their participant result and probably participant notes. This is probably exception report for a course roster compared to 1-3 activity template roster (on screen and download).

For more involved courses we are hoping to build a mega download of all activities for students involved in that course. See listing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only Count Trip, Clinic/Seminar Activities for Guest activity limit GH2769

We'd like new guest members to be able to sign up for courses that have two activities associated with them and be able to join for two regular hikes and right now the course related activities count towards your "guest count"

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Username not Required on join form GH2636

Helpful for in person walk-in reservations at lodges, and making purchases and donations without being logged in.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable a script to create lodge stays and activiites in bulk SD663

As an admin, I need to create a complex set of lodge stay events for each weekend of the winter season. Doing this via the UI is error prone, time consuming, and painful. Provide a way that I can write a script in powershell, python, php, etc that will create the appropriate entities in the backend database. I'm willing to generate entities in xml, json, or the flavor of your choice.

If you can't give me the ability to write a script to do, then consider providing a script that does the work needed.

The script I want will do…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve (prevent) header switching when viewing content GH2787

When I'm on Mountaineers Books part of the website and i click on the book blogs it automatically takes my header back into the programs side of things. It shouldn't switch unless i tab over.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After an activity, the behavioral complaint form should be also be included with the safety report form.

After an activity, the behavioral complaint form should be also be included with the safety report form. If a member experiences any sort of discrimination we need to have the path of reporting a complaint simple and easy to find.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We definitely want to be able to track discrimination and negative feedback.

Tony Tsuboi is in charge of updates to the safety report form so I will pass this along to him to review.

Beyond this there are few new updates that I wanted to make sure you were aware of.

About a month and a half ago we updated the feedback surveys to include some questions to help us have a better paper trail about discrimination and inclusion. We added the following questions to our feedback surveys.

Did you feel welcomed and included by the leader(s) and the other participants?

Followed by:

“Please share why you chose the above answer. "

This is in addition to “how you would rate the leader?” “Share why you rated the leader the way you did”

We also are instituting better feedback reporting for…

14. STOP Allowing Registration to Occur Before Registration Begins

Field Trips are full before registration date. Wtf? This makes registration dates pointless!!! As a new Scrambling student I’m patiently waiting for field registration to begin only to realize they are full prior to registration. Members are fine getting leader’s permission but should have to wait till the registration is open to register not before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John,

This is definitely frustrating.

At the end of May we had a special section in our Leader Lines monthly e newsletter that specifically talked about this

"
    Leader Logistics: Private vs “Public” Trips
    We’re heading into summer trip season, and at this time of year our Member Services team gets a number of questions about pre-filled trips. Please remember – all Mountaineers activities should be open to any guest or member who meets the stated prerequisites. If you wish to hand-select a group of friends, this is a private trip. Please do not list private trips on The Mountaineers website! It creates confusion and disappointment for our members who are looking to get outside with their Mountaineers community.

The most important piece of this process is transparency. If you’d like to give registration priority to a certain group of individuals – for example, students who are in a…

15. Keep a Waitlist for Lodge Stays SD555/560

Waitlists for lodge stays are complicated and challenging both because of the potential for one person to make a reservation for multiple people and the number of nights for which they may wish register.

It may be best to keep a waitlist separate from the roster for each lodge stay and email the entire list if any amount of availability opens. Then it's back to a first come, first served basis. This is a "notify me if space becomes available" rather than our traditional waitlist functionality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Limiting amount of text for "Featured Authors" on the homepage GH2795

On the books homepage (https://www.mountaineers.org/books), some authors will have a lot more text show up on the "Feature Authors" portlet. Can we limit that to only display a maximum of 10 lines (or whatever looks the nicest), perhaps with a "Read More" link to expand the text if needed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create an Authors Group GH2801

Can we create a separate group for Mountaineers Books authors, for easier management? Thanks much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add clustering to map search GH2793

WTA uses a cool cluster feature on their Hike Finder Map- this would allow us to show more of our listings on the zoomed out view. https://www.wta.org/go-outside/map

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Volunteer (instructor recruitment) request opt in GH2800

With mega course rosters for instructor recruitment and other ways we can email people through the website it would be nice for people to have a way of opting in/out of instructor recruitment emails.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make field trip/lecture instructors push to course rosters SD381

Right now we have a lot of instructors who are just added or sign up to a single field trip roster. Unfortunately because they aren't added to the course roster they aren't available for recruiting via our mega course template roster for future field trips/lectures that particular year or in future years.

Also having the course show up in your My Courses & Programs is helpful for instructors who want a quick link to upcoming field trips for them to volunteer for. This is particularly important for the many day courses like basic, scrambling, sea kayaking etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base