General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Mountaineers Member Discount language from ineligible items on website

Current "Mountaineers Member Discount" language is confusing to people who are not logged into the website and are interested in purchasing an item that is not eligible for a member discount -- for example, a season pass to Meany Lodge.

Please remove "Mountaineers Member Discount - Log in to access the promo code and receive 20% off your order" from merchandise pages where this discount does not apply in order to reduce customer confusion.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mountaineers Website Hosted Marketplace

Have a Marketplace for buying/selling gear that requires a % donation of the sell price as a donation to the mountaineers. If a mandatory donation isn't possible, allow sellers to elect a % to donate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Climbing leaders need a course in basic geology, see West Ridge Cuttroat report.

Mass wasting, the geological term, should not include Mountaineers.
    When I used to guide and teach climbing professionally, I would ask my clients and students to consider how all those rocks in the scree and talus slopes got there. Later as national park ranger, it became obvious that ignorance of basic geology was widespread, as evidenced by the body bags included with our gear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pre-orders & Backorders: Better Handle Failed Credit Card Transactions GH3285

When the nightly delayed orders process runs, nothing is done with those with failed credit cards as best I can tell. I am not sure what's best to do here, but I think the options are:

1. Cancel the backorder and update the Salesforce opportunity's Stage to Online Credit Card Problem.

2. Mark the pre-order or backorder as Credit Card Declined on the website and Online Credit Card Problem in Salesforce, and add a "Buy Now" button/link for the customer to move the item, shipping address, and shipping method to the "regular" shopping cart and take them to the checkout page.

Any…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Books & Maps: Add a Revision Date GH3284

For books and maps, add a Revision Date in addition to the Publication Date. This is helpful for book reprint dates where some corrections and revisions may be made. It is especially helpful for maps there generally do not have new editions that get a new ISBN and Publication Date, but are revised and updated every few years.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add pre-checked email opt in box on a check out page

Email list building: Add a pre-checked "Opt in" email box to a page in the check out process so that opt in is the default.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We already opt all new contacts into our Routefinder, Conservation Currents and Book email newsletters by default. It’s easy to opt out later on the website or in an email newsletter that is received. We decided thi sis all we need and that doing this in the checkout process would be overkill.

7. Trip closure delinquency notice

Automatically mail out to leaders on a quarterly basis a list of trips that have not yet been closed out, say are one month past.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trip report input improvements

On the trip report page, allow for multiple photo uploads, have the "upload" tab come up by default when clicking to add a photo, keyboard shortcut to add a photo, and tell people upfront to save often, that they can edit after saving (I lost a ton of work).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters to add co-leaders and exclude cancelled trips GH3277

Currently, the "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters on the website only factors in activities where the contact is listed as the Primary Leader, and includes activities that were cancelled.

Please exclude cancelled activities from this calculation, and include activities where the contact is listed as a Primary Leader OR a Co-Leader.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Promo Codes: Convert "Specific Product Use" to Multiselect GH3278

Change the "Specific Product Use" field to accept more than a single item (ie, several books).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pre-populate times on cloned events with those from the event being cloned GH3276

When cloning an event, pre-populate the event times and setup times with the times from the event being cloned. But keep them editable. Normally, a monthly meeting is going to be at the same time. Pre-populating will reduce the chance of entry errors as well. I caught several of my own mistakes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Leader resources tab

Can we have a leader resource stab which could outline:
    Master list of climbs
    Field Trip Lottery dates
    Shared resources like manuals, application drafts, graduation drafts, etc.
    Many more things I'm sure I haven't thought of...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync Alerts & Notifications Preferences to Salesforce GH3230

Sync Alerts & Notifications preferences to Salesforce so that we have added information on engagement and website feature use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In addition to Leave no Trace consider As an Outdoor Ambassador, removing traces left by others

Not unusual to see some trash on the trail or campsite. Be a good steward, pick it up and pack it out. Consider always carrying a trash bag in your pack for this. It often only takes a few seconds to pick it up. Help keep the outdoors pristine! :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. flag an interest on an activity

I would like to see a feature in the website to let me flag to myself that I am interested in signing up for an activity, that I can return to with a filter and decide whether to sign up or let it slip. Personally, I would not care if my interest flags were visible to others.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve address form fields so they are more consistent GH3146

There is an inconsistenty among address field types on our forms--Join, Shipping, and Checkout. The shipping page is the best model, so the field types would be:

Street Address - plain text

City - plain text
    State - select if Country = "United States" OR "Canada" and plain text for all others
    ZIP - plain text
    Country - single select

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Only insert new instructors to course roster GH3157

When an instructor signs up for a workshop or field trip then they are automatically added as an "Instructor" at the course level, I believe this is new functionality. However, if that person is already set as a course "Leader" then they are demoted to be a course "Instructor". It seems like the new automatic behavior should only happen if the person is not currently on the course roster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. roster show member or nonmember

For courses/events that generate income, it would be helpful to the committee leadership if we could tell if a registered person is a member or nonmember when we look at the detailed roster. The reason...fee structure is different and we can more easily figure out how much income was generated without having to have staff pull the info for us (when they are already very busy).

It would also be helpful for activity leaders to know who the guests are (so we can talk more about the Mountaineers/other committees and entice them to join).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. book recommendations

It would be nice if we could recommend books other than those published by the Mountaineers. For the Naturalists' annual course, they use a book that is better than what the Mountaineers has published. For the Photography Committee, there are really only two instruction books published by the Mountaineers. We should be able to add any book listed on Amazon to better help our students.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The recommended and required reading sections of various types of content on our website are specifically for books, maps and merchandise that we can ship from our warehouse.

For other books, etc. information can be added to the rich text sections of the content item. For formatting and more info, please see our Publications Style Guide, https://www.mountaineers.org/volunteer/leader-resources/publications-style-guide#references.

20. Make the Volunteer Hours page visible to all leaders GH3166

Similar to how leaders can view any member's activity/course history. This would help leaders get a sense for a member's availability, see what they have or haven't tracked, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base