General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Kitsap Branch Name to Peninsula Branch GH2736 SDtbd

Long time members of the branch did not think Kitsap captured the true nature of the branch's membership, so voted to rename to Peninsula branch. I expect some increase in membership from the Olympic Peninsula, where more people will feel like this is "their" branch. I do not think this will be significant in the overall scale of membership, of which Kitsap is a small part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate Site Search Results for Images

In the site search, place all search results except images in one "tab" and images in another.

We also have a lot of folders, especially ones titled, "Images" and "Resources," so we may want to have "tab" for folders too or rank them low in search results.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Text Search Results

Refine the the text search results, using threes words as an example, by rank ordering results in this order:
    1. Phrase – W1 and W2 and W3 in that order
    2. Contains all three words in any order
    3. Contains W1 and W2
    4. Contains W1 and W3
    5. Contains W2 and W3
    6. Contains W1 only
    7. Contains W2 only
    8. Contains W3 only

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove "Getting Started Series" from the Activity Audience

Its confusing to see "Getting Started Series" in the activity search results as an option when we no longer have a formal "Getting Started Series" program.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Promo Codes: Bulk Discount SD332

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a bulk discount when I purchase a bunch of the same items or types of items (e.g. books, merchandise).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create more robust Offered expiration date/time

We'd like to be able to send multiple reminders of offered status and can't report or make emails that do that without a hard date/time added to the course participant and activity participant record in Salesforce

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Branch admins should be able to schedule an activity for any of their committee's leaders SD643

NOTES:

This is important for people who want to help with admin on the website but don't want to be on every single committee roster when they aren't actually doing much work regularly for that committee.

Needs to work for scheduling, trips, clinics & seminars, and course activities.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Backordered and Pre-ordered Books & Merchandise: Email Notification SD306

As a site visitor. for books and merchandise items that are "out of stock," that is backordered or per-ordered, allow me to request an email notification when the item is back in stock so I can choose to purchase the item then if I still want it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Books Home Page: Social Media Feed SD633

As a site visitor show me a Mountaineers Books social media feed on the home page so that I may keep up with the latest news from Mountaineers Books.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import Events from Facebook (upgrade plone.app.events) SD628

As Mountaineers staff I need to import events from Facebook (that I exported to a .ics file) to an "events" folder on our website so that I do not have to double enter items.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Backordered and Pre-order Books & Merchandise: Charge & Ship SD627

As a customer allow me to pre-order or backorder a book that is not yet available or out of stock. When the book is available, charge my credit card, and ship the book I ordered to the shipping address I specified.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve (Prevent) Header Switching When Viewing Content SD632

As a site visitor keep the universal header selection and global (section or subsite?) header (The Mountaineers or Mountaineers Books) displayed until I choose to switch so that I do not have a jarring navigation experience while I am browsing the site.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Promo Codes: Discounts that trigger when someone fulfills a requirement SD521

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a discount that applies when I hit certain prerequisites. For example, spend $100 get a 20% discount, or buy 6 books get free shipping.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Promo Codes: Offer Discount for Books Added via a Registration Process SD425

As a person registering for a course, course activity, trip activity or an event, give me a discount on any of the books that I added to my shopping cart from the book page shown at the end of the registration process. When I'm viewing the recommended books page, during checkout it will show me the amount of discount I'll receive.

If I have a member promo code in the same cart, whichever promo code is greater will apply (the better deal). This book promo code will apply even if I register for the course at a different time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Promo Codes: Dollar Amount Discount for "Entire" Shopping Cart SD410

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code that gives me a dollar amount discount on everything in my shopping cart up to the total amount of items in my shopping cart that qualifies.

This could be quite useful for volunteer recognition.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Promo Code: Bulk Discount for Purchasing from a Series SD484

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a bulk discount when I purchase a bunch of items from the same series (e.g. books in the Day Hiking series or backpacking courses/clinics). So we define "series" as any group (or bundle) of items of any kind (books, courses, etc.) that have to be in the cart for the discount to be applied.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Promo Codes: Buy One Get One Free SD334

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code to purchase one item and receive another of equal or lesser value for free.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rosters: Registration Date/Time Sort Order GH1183

When sorting by registration date/time, date sort order is correct but not time within a date.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base