General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate updating profile url when a member changes their name

Automatically update profile url when a member changes their name in the system to avoid negatively impacting people (one example of a demographic that could be negatively impacted is trans folks). Right now, if a member updates their name in the system, it updates everything except URL generation automatically. The user then has to personally email someone to manually update it. It would be good if this process was automated to decrease the need for this extra step.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. flag an interest on an activity

I would like to see a feature in the website to let me flag to myself that I am interested in signing up for an activity, that I can return to with a filter and decide whether to sign up or let it slip. Personally, I would not care if my interest flags were visible to others.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. roster show member or nonmember

For courses/events that generate income, it would be helpful to the committee leadership if we could tell if a registered person is a member or nonmember when we look at the detailed roster. The reason...fee structure is different and we can more easily figure out how much income was generated without having to have staff pull the info for us (when they are already very busy).

It would also be helpful for activity leaders to know who the guests are (so we can talk more about the Mountaineers/other committees and entice them to join).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set focus to username field in login

Please set the "focus" to the first field "username” on the login page. It's a niggly little thing to have to proactively click into the box to type in it on every login.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve badge disply sort on course view

I have a low priority website UI feature request. For courses which award multiple badges to graduates, it would be nice if the list of badges were sorted nicer. One sort method could be "Course badges first then Skill badges, and within those by alphabetical". Here's the 2020 Seattle Basic course as an example of messy badges...
    https://www.mountaineers.org/locations-lodges/seattle-branch/committees/seattle-climbing-committee/course-templates/alpine-climbing-courses/basic-alpine-climbing-course/basic-alpine-climbing-course-seattle-2020

thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  2 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow leaders to update a student's participation notes after a field trip is closed

Leaders add participation notes to a student's profile if they fail to pass a critical skill and need reevaluation before they can register for a climb. We need to be able to update the participation note to include information when they do pass the skill, but this means we can't close the activity until all students have passed, unless we contact the program center to reopen. It would be nice if we could update participation notes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show past activities on a route

When looking at a route, you can see future activities as well as trip reports. I'd like to see a list of past activities, along with their completion status and leader name (whether they posted a trip report or not).
    This would make it easier to contact past trip leaders to ask them about conditions, etc. as well as to get a sense of when people typically use the route.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tweak to Volunteer RSVP button

Having a button for volunteers to RSVP is great, however it's quite confusing for those wishing to attend the event even if there is a link or button in the text for them to go to EventBrite.

My suggestion...when we're setting up an event RSVP and choosing Volunteer instead of participant, it would be more helpful if the button it creates in the right sidebar says RSVP as Volunteer instead of just RSVP. The text above the button should also reflect that it's to volunteer. See my examples.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Favorites & x-Outs

There are so many great hikes, climbs, scrambles, activities that it's hard to decide what to choose on any weekend day.

Similar to Redfin house hunting, I recommend the option to "Favorite" an activity/course which gets added to a list of your favorites or "x-Out" which removes that activity from your view.

This way, a user wont have to screen shot, write down, or re-search for an activity which piqued their interest after scanning through the many options.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add optional "Date to Assign Student Badge" for courses

Add an option under course settings for when the "Student Badge" is assigned. Currently it is assigned when someone registers. The issue is that Student Badges are used as prerequisites for trips. This means that as soon as someone registers for the Scramble class, the website will let them sign up for Scrambles. We should wait to assign the student badge until students are far enough through the course to actually go on trips.

I'm open to other suggestions on how to handle this, but delaying issuing the badge seems like a simple to implement method.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  2 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No "feedback" link on the books page

Can we add a "feedback" hyperlink to the bottom of the books home page like there is on all the programs pages?

thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. last activity lead

It looks like the "last activity lead/led" date column in the committee rosters includes activities which have been canceled. that doesn't seem correct.
    it also includes activities in the future, but I guess this could be nice to have. but it doesn't make sense based on the column name. so maybe the column name could be changed to "Last Activity Scheduled" or something.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base