General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

Share your idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Catch and Handle API Tax Rate Exceptions GH2919

As a site visitor purchasing books and/or merchandise, show me an error message if the tax API fails so I know how to get my order placed. We think the best is to retry a few times and if that fails use a fallback rate from site settings.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Re-sync Failed Plone-Acumen Transactions GH2921

Add a "Re-sync to Acumen button to receipt pages to enable Mountaineers staff to re-sync a transaction to Acumen. With power outages, Acumen posting, and server maintenance, this will make it easier to get any missed orders to Acumen without having to enter them manually.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Chaperone Registration for Youth Activities GH2876

For youth activates that are not part of a youth program, enable the ability for leaders to set a chaperone capacity and for chaperones to register.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Youth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pre-order/Backorder Quantity GH3044

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a a book, allow me to enter a quantity that is applied when I click the "pre-order" or "backorder" button, and allow me to change this on the payment page, so that I may pre- or backorder more than one copy of a book at a time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update the Incident Report Form GH2704

We'd like to add some data from the activity, route/place and leader along with a few new questions to better analyze incidents that are reported. See Incident Report Form Updates, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJ23xjbb4sbU_lUvTBj36yVHcXaRfcNd3OMROdGp1Ns/edit.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Committee-aggregated Feedback Pages GH2954/2955

(1) Add a "More Info" or make it so that clicking on the "comment" in feedback takes the user to the "All" feedback page for the activity, course, event, or lodge stay from which that feedback originated.

(2) Add a "Download All | Download Selected" button to the bottom of the page that downloads a spreadsheet file with one sheet/tab for each feedback survey (e.g. Course Feedback, Field Trip, Lecture, Seminar, and Clinic Feedback, Trip Feedback, etc.). Each sheet will have meta data (e.g. title, dates) from the activity, course, event or lodge stay and then the feedback responses in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the My Feedback (Leader-aggregated Feedback) Pages GH2596/2957/2958

(1) Add filters for (a) Committee, a select list of on which the leader serves), and (b) Activity Type, a list of our activity types.

(2) Add a "More Info" or make it so that clicking on the "comment" in feedback takes the user to the "All" feedback page for the activity, course, event, or lodge stay from which that feedback originated.

(3) Add a "Download All | Download Selected" button to the bottom of the page that downloads a spreadsheet file with one sheet/tab for each feedback survey (e.g. Course Feedback, Field Trip, Lecture, Seminar, and Clinic Feedback, Trip…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Activity-aggregated Feedback Pages GH2959

(1) Change "Feedback" at the top of the page to the title of the feedback survey.
    (2) Make the title of the course, activity, event or lodge stay a link to that item's details page.
    (3) Add the leader's name and activity date(s) below the title.
    (4) Add the title of the course template if the item is a course activity.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Item Type" Select List to Universal Header Search GH3048

As a website visitor, show me a list of content types next to the search box in the universal header so that I may choose the type of content and my search terms in one go.

Notes:
    - If viewing the Program global header, default this to "All."
    - If viewing the Books global header, default this to "Book."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Creating book/product bundles GH2996

I'd like to return the ability to create bundles in Plone, e.g. Day Hiking bundle.

Right now, the problem with the old way of doing bundles are a) Acumen -> Plone inventory would always show 0, a1) "faking" inventory has no way to stop if 1 or more book in bundle runs out, and b) a pain to create royalties/requires too many staff to set up a single product

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit?

When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically Add Instructors to Committee Roster GH2511

When an person registers for or is registered for an activity as an Instructor, in addition to adding them to the course's team roster (if part of a course), add them as an Instructor to the sponsoring Committee's team roster as an instructor or check their instructor box if they are already on the Committee's team roster and their Instructor box is not already checked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When Copying a Blog Post Do NOT Copy Comments GH2497

When copying a blog post do not copy any associated comments. Sometime we copy a blog post as the starting point for a new blog post. One example is our "10 Essential Questions" blog.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Course Application Process GH2951

Improve the online forms so that applications can be housed on our website (which is ideal), with a prefilled field linking to a particular course, that the form builder creates. When the form is submitted, the applicant is automatically added to the "applied" roster, and the same process continues from there. This has the advantage of reducing admin burden, but it will require our online forms to be much easier to build so that our leaders will make applications in plone. Probably a much bigger project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add "Maximum Route/Place Capacity" field for route/places GH2937

Add a field for routes/places that shows the maximum total capacity (over all bookings) for each route/place.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple badges within a committee GH2933

As more committees move towards multiple leader badges, it would be helpful for committees to be able to easily assign more than one badge to their leaders (For example: Basic Snowshoe Leader and Intermediate Snowshoe Leader).

This would provide the ability for a committee to assign other specialty badges as well such as a "mentor" badge.

Committees should be able to assign these badges to a new leader or when editing an existing leader, and it would be very helpful if they could do all of it from within their committee roster.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Header Only Toggle Between Publishing/Programs on Click GH2872

With the most recent 3.1 update to mountaineers.org, the header changed so that it's "responsive" when you mouseover either "The Mountaineers" or "Mountaineers Books". In the past, you had to click on one to toggle, and now the header menu will change if you mouseover (either on purpose or on accident).

As a super-user, this is frustrating because I often end up in the wrong environment on accident then have to revisit the header to get back to the proper menu items.

Please change it back to swap only on clicks.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding a section for Awards

An idea we had some time ago was creating an Awards tab, much like "Descriptions" "Reviews" "Video" -- but at the time we decided against it because we thought it would be best to highlight it in the Description field anyways.

But now that the feed to our 3rd parties are being more restrictive on the level of HTML we can have, the above argument against holds a lot less ground.

My appetite for fighting for this addition depends heavily on how easy it is to implement, and especially so in context with whether it can be implemented easily along…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding a section for additional information on Book product page

Add a new tab alongside "Description" "Video" and "Reviews" for related items, especially blogs.

The idea is to present complementary content when the product page is the landing page, esp. considering the % of our page sessions are from New Users.

Aside from links to our blog, other items could be downloads, related events* -- it's also why I don't want to just call this tab "Blogs," as it doesn't necessarily reflect the full scope.

*Though personally, I think this should be its own tab, and would be pulled automatically from Author Events calendar.

I thought about just linking whatever…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show past activities on a route

When looking at a route, you can see future activities as well as trip reports. I'd like to see a list of past activities, along with their completion status and leader name (whether they posted a trip report or not).
    This would make it easier to contact past trip leaders to ask them about conditions, etc. as well as to get a sense of when people typically use the route.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base