General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

Share your idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recommended Reading for Events SD583

Show a list of the “recommended reading” when RSVPing for an event so that members and guests may more easily purchase books for events like BeWild and new book releases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sell eBooks Online SD286/310/413

Add eBook products to the website "shop" and links to the My Purchases page receipts and may be a separate My eBooks page so that eBooks can download.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Limiting amount of text for "Featured Authors" on the homepage GH2795

On the books homepage (https://www.mountaineers.org/books), some authors will have a lot more text show up on the "Feature Authors" portlet. Can we limit that to only display a maximum of 10 lines (or whatever looks the nicest), perhaps with a "Read More" link to expand the text if needed

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an Authors Group GH2801

Can we create a separate group for Mountaineers Books authors, for easier management? Thanks much!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Backordered and Pre-ordered Books & Merchandise: Email Notification SD306

As a site visitor. for books and merchandise items that are "out of stock," that is backordered or per-ordered, allow me to request an email notification when the item is back in stock so I can choose to purchase the item then if I still want it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Books Home Page: Social Media Feed SD633

As a site visitor show me a Mountaineers Books social media feed on the home page so that I may keep up with the latest news from Mountaineers Books.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import Events from Facebook (upgrade plone.app.events) SD628

As Mountaineers staff I need to import events from Facebook (that I exported to a .ics file) to an "events" folder on our website so that I do not have to double enter items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Backordered and Pre-order Books & Merchandise: Charge & Ship SD627

As a customer allow me to pre-order or backorder a book that is not yet available or out of stock. When the book is available, charge my credit card, and ship the book I ordered to the shipping address I specified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Promo Codes: Offer Discount for Books Added via a Registration Process SD425

As a person registering for a course, course activity, trip activity or an event, give me a discount on any of the books that I added to my shopping cart from the book page shown at the end of the registration process. When I'm viewing the recommended books page, during checkout it will show me the amount of discount I'll receive.

If I have a member promo code in the same cart, whichever promo code is greater will apply (the better deal). This book promo code will apply even if I register for the course at a different time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Promo Codes: Buy One Get One Free SD334

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code to purchase one item and receive another of equal or lesser value for free.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use different formatting for book title and subtitle in search GH2782

It is really messy looking at book titles that have subtitles because its all huge font. Also the stars look a little weird.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please stop commercial offers on this site

Please stop presenting book offers every time I register for an activity. The big yellow "Proceed to checkout" button, and the tiny "No thanks" alternative, are particularly unsavory. This is a nature association, not a late-night TV sales channel!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Updating the "Reviews" tab

Under a product page (let’s say: https://www.mountaineers.org/books/books/explore-europe-on-foot-your-complete-guide-to-planning-a-cultural-hiking-adventure) there’s the “Review” tab that we are currently pulling from Goodreads. We are wondering how difficult it would be to have it pull from Acumen instead, where we've been adding Reviews into Acumen: Prod Marketing -> Descriptive -> Review

Also, we want to keep the star rating from Goodreads. Can those two elements be independent of each other?

Thanks much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. IN-PERSON BOOK PICK-UP SD341

Create an online purchase option for shoppers to pick up a book at the Seattle Program Center, Tacoma Program Center or the location of a course lecture, field trip or seminar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bookstore Hours

I love the bookstore, but wish it was open on Saturdays so that those of us with day jobs could use it more often!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of our members are out playing on the weekends and we are not in a great retail location so Saturdays historically has not been a good fit. Please do review our extended hours on the bookstore page, mountaineers.org/bookstore. Thanks!

17. HAVE STRIPE SPLIT PAYMENTS/DEPOSITS SD350

Have Stripe split a credit card payment and distribute PC funds to its bank account while, at the same time, channeling payment for a book to the Books bank account.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CANCEL/STATUS BUTTON FOR BOOK & MERCHANDSIE PURCHASES SD355

Introduce a function for people to cancel or view their book and merchandise orders after purchase.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add New Promo Codes for Books & Merchandise SD 410/334/332

Now that we sell books online and will soon sell merchandise online, we need a few more promo codes:

* Dollar amount discount off of shopping cart total

* Buy One Get One FREE

* Bulk Discounts

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Replace Book References and Retire Old Editions SD373

As a site administrator, I need to be able to replace references to an old edition of a book with a new edition in content items like Activities, Activity Templates, Courses, Course Templates, and Routes & Places.

Allows customers who purchased an earlier edition to see info about that while ensuring that from now on, everyone purcahses the new edition of the book, because it is showh in the shop and on all details pages with "recommended reading."

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base