General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My Calendar SD411

Add a "My Calendar" page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar, or subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities.

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes were:

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes were:

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of the original idea above.

4. Ability to view results from the Find Activities search in a calendar view. This is NEW!

5. Ability view the My Activities page on your profile in a calendar view in addition to the current list view which is part of the original idea above.

6. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your upcoming trips. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

7. Ability to overlay your personal activities/events…

2. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD23

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Publicly accessible API

As a member of the Mountaineers, I'd love to give back in a way that I have particular expertise.

It would be great of the website had a public facing REST API for exposing data such as events and classes.

At least in a read capacity. My particular goal would be to write an Android (and possibly iOS) app to browse the events and what not.

It would be great to have easy native access to my up coming events, and be able to launch navigation to the event right from the app.

I have extensive experience writing and working…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Members on Waitlist to sign up for Additional Outings.

The system currently does not allow members to sign up for more than one outing. If you are on a waitlist, particularly if you are third or more on that list, I think the system should allow you to also sign up for another trip as backup. It seems unfair to force members to give up a potential spot on their preferred trip only to confirm on less preferred trip simply because of the system. Thank you.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remember Me Checkbox on login screen GH1051

Add "Remember Me" option so that my login persists until I deliberately logout. Or maybe increase the expiration timer to 24 hours or something like that. I just get tired of logging in 10 or 15 times a day. I'm not that concerned about the security risk--what's a hacker going to do...sign me up for a course?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

When you log in there is a box now that you can check that says “Keep me logged in.” Checking this box will keep you logged in for 30 days if you are simply closing your browser rather than logging out.

6. Feature Request - Expiring Badge Notification

As a user I would like to be notified prior to my badge expiring so that
    I can arrange to meet requirements or arrange for an extension given that I have a badge that has an expiration date. The problem to avoid is people losing their privileges without notice and being unpleasantly surprised.

Then, when the expiration date is within 90 and 30 days from expiring:

- A notification of what badge is about to expire and when will be sent to me (User) 90 days and 30 days prior to the expiration date.

- A notification will be sent…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Redesign Website Header and Sitemap, and Integrate mountaineersbooks.org with mountaineers.org SD579

Redesign our website header so it is better for mid-size mobile devices and re-organize our site map so that it better includes features we've added since launch (e.g. selling books, find volunteers, lodges), etc. This will involve UX design and some graphic design work.

Add "Locations" to the top level and move Branches, Outdoor Centers and Program Centers there.

Selling eBooks, ability to use promo codes currently in use on mountaineersbooks.org (e.g. buy one get one free) and content migration (pages, blogs, calendars, etc.) are the key considerations. Integrating our two websites will eliminate confusion of where to purchase books,…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Photo credit for leaders on routes/places images SD481/485

Give authors photo credit on the routes/places images on the website. Just small text underneath the photo to designate the name and year.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve site wide search SD360

Always show text box with search button in the header of the website, the magnify glass doesn't look like a search button the way other websites do. - suggestion from Focus Groups

In site search show summary view of course, activity and events. Bring search filters over to the left hand side which would allow you to search for activities, events and courses all in the same place. It is important that start date of the activity range is part of this site wide search. Make it so that leaders and admins can search for things like activity templates or…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added a box next to the magnify glass to make it more evident that you can search mountaineers.org

The search now allows you to easily filter by content type more easily like file or course or activity or member (Contact).

The search is by relevance but there are now search features that allow you to additionally filter by created date or start date or A-Z etc.

We encourage you to go ahead and try it out and let us know if it appears there is a filter missing or another way you’d like search results displayed.

10. Improve trip reports SD22

Improve trip reports by allowing date of trip and more photos, rich text, potential for an additional field.

Also want leaders to be able to submit trip reports that are linked to the activity as an official write up but also allow members to write trip reports.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Completed May 2016.

See new tech blog for details, choose View Trip Reports from the Explore menu to search them, or choose a route/place or activity where you were a participant to add one. Note that you can edit any that you have already submitted to take advantage of the new features.

11. Make the "+more" Link More Obvious GH1485

We want to make the "+more" link on the activity and course detail pages more obvious so users see them and are more apt to use them. It could be a button, larger font or... We are open to suggestions. Please do add any you have to the comments.

Also, though many Routes & Places don't yet have lengthy descriptions, we may want to add a "+more" link or button to them too.

Example: https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/routes-places/the-tooth-south-face

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a filter for Cancelled Activities on My Activities page GH1325

Can we please get a sort or filter button on this page so that we don't have to view the canceled events?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Based on the original request and comments, we added “Show Canceled” checkbox, “Show waitlisted” checkbox and a date range filter. We did the same for the My Courses & Programs page. Go check it out!!

13. Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    New  ·  5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Mobile Responsive Theme SD295

I use the site all the time on my phone. Who doesn't these days?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to see 'what trips i have done with this person'

It would be great if I could look up a person, and see the trips i've done with them in the past, along with their badges. So many times, we end up playing the 'i've been out with you somewhere. were you on my Norse Peak trip? no? may be on Snoqualmie last year then?' :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Stewardship How-to

The Problem: There is currently nowhere (that I could find) on the website where it describes the specifics of getting the Stewardship credit. Result: hundreds of students have to e-mail info@mountaineers.org or call 206-521-6000, and some poor staffer has to answer / redirect the same questions, over and over.

Website has good descriptions of the badges and links to Mountaineers-sponsored activities, but there is nothing about the specific how-tos of who to contact or what documentation/photos/e-mail/whatever to be supplied.

So, there needs to be a page with that includes the following:
    - Stewardship contact
    - Expected documentation for stewardship activities,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you click on the stewardship credit badge you are taken to a page which describes how to earn the badge with us or with one of our partner organizations.

Note that with the recently launched development, the Stewardship Credit badge may now be awarded for successfully completing Stewardship activities through the mountaineers without having to email member services separately.

17. Duplicate Family Members GH2130

There is not a warning message or anything that prevents someone from using the "Add Family Member" button to create a duplicate account for someone who already has one on mountaineers.org. Right now family members can create an unlimited number of duplicate accounts. Can we add a pop-up warning message like we do on the regular Create Account page when a first name/last name/email match is made?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change to automatic renewal process GH1692

The Mountaineers should change the way they handle automatic membership renewal. Currently on the website people are opted into automatic renewal by default when they pay their dues. The checkbox is small and easy to miss, leading to a fair amount of people getting opted into automatic renewal unknowingly. There are concerns that this borders on a privacy violation and may violate some privacy regulations.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an extra "are you sure you want to cancel" message for course cancellations

Add an additional dialogue box when you cancel from course that says "Are you sure you want to cancel" to avoid accidental cancellations.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been completed. There is now a cancel link that does not look like a Submit style button from the Manage Registration window AND when you click that link you get an additional dialog box asking “Are you sure you want to cancel?”

20. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base