General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.


  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update "Congratulations on your new course badge!" Email

    Volunteers and I are working on clarifying pathways to volunteering. One of our ideas was to modify the “congrats on your new course badge” email that is sent to course graduates. We were thinking of adding emphasis to instruction and other volunteer leadership resources to create a pipeline from course graduate to volunteer instructor. With the hope that they will consider other volunteer leadership roles in the near future. Wanted to ask you both if it would it be possible to modify the below email that is currently sent out to course graduates to the this updated draft:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrRXmCqTQHNHA0vFPDT_X0F3dF2PeOzpT5gQi8glerA/edit.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    New  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automatically store leader applications in the appropriate committee folder for admin access

    Some of our committees have set up online applications for people to send in when they want to be considered as an activity leader. The applications are forwarded by member services manually to the committee chair or leadership chair of the activity committee that the person wants to lead for. However right now the only way we have to keep track of past applications is in our email. It would be very helpful if all online applications could automatically be sent to a folder on the requested activity committee's page on the website, with permissions set so that committee admins…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Scheduled  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Leader resources tab

    Can we have a leader resource stab which could outline:
    Master list of climbs
    Field Trip Lottery dates
    Shared resources like manuals, application drafts, graduation drafts, etc.
    Many more things I'm sure I haven't thought of...

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the Volunteer Hours page visible to all leaders GH3166

    Similar to how leaders can view any member's activity/course history. This would help leaders get a sense for a member's availability, see what they have or haven't tracked, etc.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a "Branch" column in addition to a "Branch" filter on the Committee Chair Directory GH3140

    This would be helpful for searching and filtering in the directory, and it would help make clear which committees belong to which branch.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Committee volunteer hours page

    Thanks for the volunteer hours tracking! Any chance we can get a "committee volunteer hours" by committee? that would help committee chairs track and verify their hours. similar to committee feedback. Thank you!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    This information will be integrated into new and improved branch dashboards that will be launched soon.

    We will also likely add volunteer hours into committee -aggregated leader feedback whcih will be added in the next few years as part of an upgrade and overhaul of our leader feedback system.

  7. Add new brands on ExpertVoice

    I love this perk and have used it 3 times already. My only complaint is that there needs to be new brands added on. I remember getting an email about a brand item only to find out it's not on The Mountaineers. How hard is it to add more?
    I know we all like different brands so I would hate to loose any just want more added in.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

    Thanks for your note Vickie. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying and taking advantage of the benefits offered through your membership. ExpertVoice has been one of our generous supporters for many years, and they offer discounts on brands for Mountaineers at two different levels: about 100 brands are available for members, and 300 brands are available for volunteers (who volunteer five or more days a year). ExpertVoice selects the different brands available at each tier. If you’d like to provide them with additional feedback, you can do so at https://www.expertvoice.com/contact.

  8. Create a badge for New Leader Mentors

    Would help prospective leaders and activity committee members identify willing mentors without spamming the entire leader roster.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Volunteer (instructor recruitment) request opt in GH2800

    With mega course rosters for instructor recruitment and other ways we can email people through the website it would be nice for people to have a way of opting in/out of instructor recruitment emails.

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create an instructors group SD651

    Useful for creating an instructor specific benefits page

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change Kitsap Branch Name to Peninsula Branch GH2736

    Long time members of the branch did not think Kitsap captured the true nature of the branch's membership, so voted to rename to Peninsula branch. I expect some increase in membership from the Olympic Peninsula, where more people will feel like this is "their" branch. I do not think this will be significant in the overall scale of membership, of which Kitsap is a small part.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Branch admins should be able to schedule an activity for any of their committee's leaders SD643

    NOTES:

    This is important for people who want to help with admin on the website but don't want to be on every single committee roster when they aren't actually doing much work regularly for that committee.

    Needs to work for scheduling, trips, clinics & seminars, and course activities.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight # of activities led / courses instructed in volunteer leader/instructor profiles

    "Game-ify" volunteer leader & instructor trips led & courses taught to encourage them to list more trips and volunteer more often as instructors.

    Update volunteer profiles so that a “star appears” around their profile picture for each trip they lead or for each time they participate as an instructor / leader in a field trip. When X number of stars have appeared then volunteers receive some sort of recognition, to be determined, . . . for example, . . .

    a. X stars – a Mountaineers Books coupon or a Starbucks card accompanied by a form thank you note (and…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable trip leaders to Identify Potential Leaders on a Trip

    Currently, trip participants can rate trip leaders. Trip leaders need to be able to rate trip participants. Specifically, trip leaders need to be able to identify trip participants who demonstrate attributes of a future trip leader, and this information needs to be shared with branch committee leadership so they can follow-up with the potential trip leader and encourage them to take the appropriate next steps to volunteer as a trip leader.

    When trip leaders close their trip or prepare a trip report, this new feature needs to be made clearly available to them so they are given an opportunity to…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require Leaders to update their Waivers before listing a trip GH2429

    Require Leaders to update their waivers before listing a trip. Right now this can be over-ridden by leaders which doesn't make sense since we want EVERYONE on the roster to have an up to date waiver.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve Roster Functionality: Track Mentored Leaders

    How to show mentored leaders on trip (perhaps leave as is but automatically make anyone whose role is co-leader or mentored leader and admin and add "show as contact" checkbox. How to show on committee roster. Probably Leader box checked with mentored leader note and a "short" expiration date. Also add survey aimed at trips with mentored leader (show this feedback to primary leader, co leader and mentored leader)

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    All items are complete but one, and we added guidance for managing mentored leaders to the “Mentoring New Leaders” section of the How to Schedule & Manage Activities page, https://www.mountaineers.org/volunteer/schedule-manage/activities#mentoring-new-leaders.

    The only item reaming is its own idea, “Co-leader and Mentored Leader Activity Roster Automation,” https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/34067407-co-leader-and-mentored-leader-activity-roster-auto/. It is an idea that may or may not be desired.

  17. Review Participation Notes

    On the "My Activities" page there's a "Review Participation Notes" blue button. It seems like these Participation Notes should have their own section on the left sidebar, similar to "My Feedback". Or it could be combined with the "My Feedback" page and use the same date filtering etc.

    0 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Tess Wendel responded

    When making changes to the website, we have to consider the wide implications of reorganizing information. Participation notes are only available to leaders and group administrators – participants cannot see participation notes created by leaders. The participation notes are designed as an investigative tool for leaders for an incident, accident, or behavioral issue. It’s included on the My Activities page so leaders can easily see successful trip history as a way to screen participants pre trip. Leaders should only look at the participation notes when a red flag was noted in the past or a person’s trip status includes ‘needs improvement. Due to the special use case of this information and the small pool of people able to access this information, we feel the participant notes to not warrant a special tab, and we are going to keep the current structure at this time.

  18. Organizations, Online Invoicing & Contracts SD562++

    Set up organization in our website so that we can sync them to the existing organizations in SF. This will allow us to connect contacts, activities & courses (Mountain Workshops), events (Program Center Clients) and lodge stays (Outdoor Center Groups & Clients) to them for better tracking. We'll be able to add invoices that the organization contact can pay online, taking advantage of our existing online payment process and Salesforce reporting.

    13 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Medium Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Video/Phone Conference System

    Provide video conference equipment for use at our Seattle and Tacoma Program Centers. Choose and set up a video conference provider for our volunteers to use.

    0 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a searchable database of all committee chairs SD646

    searchable by activity type, branch (idea came from scramble summit)

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base