General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate updating profile url when a member changes their name

Automatically update profile url when a member changes their name in the system to avoid negatively impacting people (one example of a demographic that could be negatively impacted is trans folks). Right now, if a member updates their name in the system, it updates everything except URL generation automatically. The user then has to personally email someone to manually update it. It would be good if this process was automated to decrease the need for this extra step.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Event Edit Form GH2777/2805/2760

(1) Re-order, update and add fields on the event edit form to make it easier for volunteers to complete.
    (2) Add validation that at least one "room" was selected for the Tacoma Program Center.
    (3) Set the Event Setup and Departure datetimes to default to the Start datetime - 30 min and End datetime + 30 min when adding an activity to the Seattle and Tacoma Program Center calendars. For editing an event, "remember" the time difference between Setup and Start datetime AND between End and Departure datetime and use those as defaults for editing the Start and/or End datetime.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Feedback Links to Committee Roster GH2939

On the committee roster add a column without a header and with links called "Feedback" that are visible to admins only for each leader (so there will be two links--Edit and Feedback). Clicking on the "Feedback" link opens the leader's My Feedback page details in a dialog box (aka pop-up). This should help committee administrators to more quickly review their committee's feedback leader-by-leader.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Username not Required on join form GH2636

Helpful for in person walk-in reservations at lodges, and making purchases and donations without being logged in.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clone Activities (was Enable a script to create lodge stays and activiites in bulk) SD663

As a member of the activity leaders group allow me to clone an activity so that I can more easily create the series of activities I need.

Fields that can be different in clones:
    - Start Date
    - End Date
    - Registration Opens: Default to 9 am on Start date + 1 day
    - Registration Closes: Default is noon on the Thursday preceding the Start date
    - Leader
    - Member and Non-member Prices (NOT cancellation fee) if either of those fees is >0 on the activity being cloned.

Notes:
    - This is similar to what we do for lodge stays …

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create an instructors group SD651

Useful for creating an instructor specific benefits page

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate Site Search Results for Images SD644

In the site search, place all search results except images in one "tab" and images in another.

We also have a lot of folders, especially ones titled, "Images" and "Resources," so we may want to have "tab" for folders too or rank them low in search results.

This will help rank more important items higher in the search (e.g. a person's profile page above their profile image).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Backordered and Pre-order Books & Merchandise: Charge & Ship SD627/654/655/656/662

As a customer allow me to pre-order or backorder a book that is not yet available or out of stock. When the book is available, charge my credit card, and ship the book I ordered to the shipping address I specified.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Branch Council Roster Positions GH2746

Please create positions specific to branch rosters:
    Branch Chair
    Branch Vice-chair
    Branch Co-chair
    Branch Secretary
    Branch Treasurer
    Branch Officer

Note: "Member" is for branches whose committee chairs regularly attend branch council meetings but don't have a branch officer role (so its important we keep this) Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "don't show on my profile" checkbox for donor related badges GH2748

Some members would appreciate having their peak society status hidden. Add a don't show on my profile check box to the badge roster entries.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Rolling Enrollment Courses Easier to Find in Find Courses Faceted Search GH2826

Courses like basic snowshoeing which have multiple sessions are falling to the bottom and are harder to find.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show "Late Cancellation" as a Participant Result

Show "Late Cancellation" as a status on the Participant Result, if participant cancels after registration is closed. This would be an additional option to Cancelled and No Show, which already exist. No changes to existing, automated emails.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Low Priority  ·  Tess Wendel responded

We have a number of mechanisms in place to help people understand the impact of cancellations and no- shows. This includes our automated emails and participation notes for people on trips.

We are concerned that this status will lead to leaders blacklisting participants from trips and think that instead the focus needs to be on better new member orientation about our activities.

15. Enable trip leaders to Identify Potential Leaders on a Trip

Currently, trip participants can rate trip leaders. Trip leaders need to be able to rate trip participants. Specifically, trip leaders need to be able to identify trip participants who demonstrate attributes of a future trip leader, and this information needs to be shared with branch committee leadership so they can follow-up with the potential trip leader and encourage them to take the appropriate next steps to volunteer as a trip leader.

When trip leaders close their trip or prepare a trip report, this new feature needs to be made clearly available to them so they are given an opportunity to…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recommended Reading for Events SD583

Show a list of the “recommended reading” when RSVPing for an event so that members and guests may more easily purchase books for events like BeWild and new book releases.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lodge Reservation Dietary Notes Improvement

The following is from Mary Ann Cameron, a life time member of the Mountaineers. She works at Rick Steve's Europe Through the Back Door. Rich Steve's had a lot of trouble meeting the diets of their tour members so they now ask only for medical dietary restrictions. This substantially reduced their problems and they have had minimal complaints. In the paperwork you fill out when you sign up for one of his tours the only question pertaining to diet is: “

MEDICAL DIETARY RESTRICTIONS (things that will make you ill).

If Rick Steves can send 20,000 tourists each year to…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Family Activities Exception GH2280

In family activities only, recognize when an adult attached to a youth membership has registered and override the Youth Information Form requirement for youth attached to the registered adult’s membership when they register. They would still need to be required to fill out the Family activities program form because otherwise we’d have no waiver on file for the youth.

Considerations:

What do we do if the parent or parents cancel? This is a family activity which should be parent-child combos, so this does not seem like but…?
    From Becca - Is there an option to have the system cancel a…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avy terrain rating GH2743

Add an avy terrain category rating to each route/place based on the highest risk area. Eg our Nordic Touring books list avalanche danger as "none, low, moderate, etc" The idea is that any route/place that has an NWAC link also has an avy rating so students can make informed decisions. (came from both snowshoe and scramble summits)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Duplicate Family Members GH2130

There is not a warning message or anything that prevents someone from using the "Add Family Member" button to create a duplicate account for someone who already has one on mountaineers.org. Right now family members can create an unlimited number of duplicate accounts. Can we add a pop-up warning message like we do on the regular Create Account page when a first name/last name/email match is made?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base