General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trip report input improvements

On the trip report page, allow for multiple photo uploads, have the "upload" tab come up by default when clicking to add a photo, keyboard shortcut to add a photo, and tell people upfront to save often, that they can edit after saving (I lost a ton of work).

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automate updating profile url when a member changes their name

Automatically update profile url when a member changes their name in the system to avoid negatively impacting people (one example of a demographic that could be negatively impacted is trans folks). Right now, if a member updates their name in the system, it updates everything except URL generation automatically. The user then has to personally email someone to manually update it. It would be good if this process was automated to decrease the need for this extra step.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Gift Memberships Pricing Portlets GH2926

Update portlet text for Gift Memberships to show new price. Right now on the gift membership page and on the next page it shows the original price for memberships, not the discounted gift price, and it should probably show the regular price crossed out with the gift price in red. So for the holidays (December) it will be 25% off, and for any time earlier it will be 15% off.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Your waiver is about to expire" email ~SFOnly

Send an automatic email out to folks before their waiver expires.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD508/599/600/601

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Members on Waitlist to sign up for Additional Outings.

The system currently does not allow members to sign up for more than one outing. If you are on a waitlist, particularly if you are third or more on that list, I think the system should allow you to also sign up for another trip as backup. It seems unfair to force members to give up a potential spot on their preferred trip only to confirm on less preferred trip simply because of the system. Thank you.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Badge Dates on Mouse Over Tool Tip GH1598

When viewing a person's My Profile page, show the earned date and expiration date of the badge in a tool tip that appears on mouse-over.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. My Calendar SD411

Add a "My Calendar" page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar, or subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities.

Update April 2018
    We are "cancelling" this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: …

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update April 2018
    We are “cancelling” this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of the original idea above. COMPLETEALL calendar views on our website come with a iCal download, so for anything with a calendar view, you can download the relevant calendars and view them overplayed…

10. Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The idea of creating a member forum was identified as part of our Vision 2022 strategic planning process, and did not rise above the line for investment in this strategic plan (as voted on in our town hall conversations and online ranking survey). We would love to create better social functionality within our website. Having folks use unmoderated Facebook, etc. pages does create fracturing within the community and does not always best represent The Mountaineers. Creating an online place for people to build community and connect with one another remains on our list of long-term plans. Building the platform for this type of social interaction is quite expensive (we’ve looked into it) and would require at least one additional staff person to moderate and manage. When we have enough resources available, we will make this a priority. Likely in the coming 3-5 years.

11. Feature Request - Expiring Badge Notification ~SFOnly

As a user I would like to be notified prior to my badge expiring so that I can arrange to meet requirements or arrange for an extension given that I have a badge that has an expiration date. The problem to avoid is people losing their privileges without notice and being unpleasantly surprised.

Then, when the expiration date is within 90 and 30 days from expiring:

- A notification of what badge is about to expire and when will be sent to me (User) 90 days and 30 days prior to the expiration date.

- A notification will be sent…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on the components needed to deploy for our improved email feedback request system. Then we will work on applying that to activity closing notification and badge expiration notifications.

12. Add filters to the My Activities page GH2799

Filters to add include Activity Type, Trip Result, Participant Role, and Participant Result. This is useful for leaders to review participant activity info for leader's permission requests. It is also useful for helping keep committee rosters up-to-date.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Only Count Trip, Clinic/Seminar Activities for Guest activity limit GH2769

We'd like new guest members to be able to sign up for courses that have two activities associated with them and be able to join for two regular hikes and right now the course related activities count towards your "guest count"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exception for seniors.

Exception for seniors.
    Reference: BAKER’S DOZEN Offered by the Bellingham Branch, asks that you climb no more than 5 peaks per year to achieve this, but since I will be just short of 65 next year when I attempt it, I was wondering if an exception might be made for seniors, since we may not live long enough for multi-year attempts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Pronoun field to rosters and profiles GH2887/3031

We not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We split this into two parts, (1) for allowing members and guests to add pronouns and have them displayed on their profile, and (2) adding pronouns to our plethora of rosters and roster downloads.

The first part we will do soon with monthly support and the second later as part of a development iteration.

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Functionality for youth in family memberships who age out GH2747/2773

When a youth who is a Mountaineers member turns 18, they should receive a "happy birthday" email (with the primary account holder copied) saying:
    "Happy birthday! We're so grateful that you and your family have given The Mountaineers a chance to play a role in your formative years. We hope you feel like you're part of the family. We know that your late teens and early 20's are busy years. We hope you can still stay involved, but even if life takes you on new adventures, we want you to know that we still consider you part of our family,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Financial Assistance Link on Course/Activity Layout GH2749

Should say "Apply for Financial Assistance"
    We'd also like to move the Cancellation and Refund link below Availability so we have text that breaks up the two links.

https://www.mountaineers.org/membership/financial-assistance

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it possible to add merchandise when renewing or buying a membership or gift membership GH2754

It'd be neat to be able to buy a mountaineers hat or pint glass when joining and/or buying a gift membership for someone.

You might also like section should show up on Join the Mountaineers page in addition to showing on the shopping cart.

Similar set up for gift memberships

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base