General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters to add co-leaders and exclude cancelled trips GH3277

    Currently, the "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters on the website only factors in activities where the contact is listed as the Primary Leader, and includes activities that were cancelled.

    Please exclude cancelled activities from this calculation, and include activities where the contact is listed as a Primary Leader OR a Co-Leader.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Volunteer Hours page visible to all leaders GH3166

    Similar to how leaders can view any member's activity/course history. This would help leaders get a sense for a member's availability, see what they have or haven't tracked, etc.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a "Branch" column in addition to a "Branch" filter on the Committee Chair Directory GH3140

    This would be helpful for searching and filtering in the directory, and it would help make clear which committees belong to which branch.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Committee volunteer hours page

    Thanks for the volunteer hours tracking! Any chance we can get a "committee volunteer hours" by committee? that would help committee chairs track and verify their hours. similar to committee feedback. Thank you!

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add new brands on ExpertVoice

    I love this perk and have used it 3 times already. My only complaint is that there needs to be new brands added on. I remember getting an email about a brand item only to find out it's not on The Mountaineers. How hard is it to add more?
    I know we all like different brands so I would hate to loose any just want more added in.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    Thanks for your note Vickie. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying and taking advantage of the benefits offered through your membership. ExpertVoice has been one of our generous supporters for many years, and they offer discounts on brands for Mountaineers at two different levels: about 100 brands are available for members, and 300 brands are available for volunteers (who volunteer five or more days a year). ExpertVoice selects the different brands available at each tier. If you’d like to provide them with additional feedback, you can do so at https://www.expertvoice.com/contact.

  6. Create a badge for New Leader Mentors

    Would help prospective leaders and activity committee members identify willing mentors without spamming the entire leader roster.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Volunteer (instructor recruitment) request opt in GH2800

    With mega course rosters for instructor recruitment and other ways we can email people through the website it would be nice for people to have a way of opting in/out of instructor recruitment emails.

    6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    High Priority  ·  3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create an instructors group SD651

    Useful for creating an instructor specific benefits page

    4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Kitsap Branch Name to Peninsula Branch GH2736

    Long time members of the branch did not think Kitsap captured the true nature of the branch's membership, so voted to rename to Peninsula branch. I expect some increase in membership from the Olympic Peninsula, where more people will feel like this is "their" branch. I do not think this will be significant in the overall scale of membership, of which Kitsap is a small part.

    5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Branch admins should be able to schedule an activity for any of their committee's leaders SD643

    NOTES:

    This is important for people who want to help with admin on the website but don't want to be on every single committee roster when they aren't actually doing much work regularly for that committee.

    Needs to work for scheduling, trips, clinics & seminars, and course activities.

    2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Highlight # of activities led / courses instructed in volunteer leader/instructor profiles

    "Game-ify" volunteer leader & instructor trips led & courses taught to encourage them to list more trips and volunteer more often as instructors.

    Update volunteer profiles so that a “star appears” around their profile picture for each trip they lead or for each time they participate as an instructor / leader in a field trip. When X number of stars have appeared then volunteers receive some sort of recognition, to be determined, . . . for example, . . .
    a. X stars – a Mountaineers Books coupon or a Starbucks card accompanied by a form thank you note (and…

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable trip leaders to Identify Potential Leaders on a Trip

    Currently, trip participants can rate trip leaders. Trip leaders need to be able to rate trip participants. Specifically, trip leaders need to be able to identify trip participants who demonstrate attributes of a future trip leader, and this information needs to be shared with branch committee leadership so they can follow-up with the potential trip leader and encourage them to take the appropriate next steps to volunteer as a trip leader.

    When trip leaders close their trip or prepare a trip report, this new feature needs to be made clearly available to them so they are given an opportunity to…

    4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Require Leaders to update their Waivers before listing a trip GH2429

    Require Leaders to update their waivers before listing a trip. Right now this can be over-ridden by leaders which doesn't make sense since we want EVERYONE on the roster to have an up to date waiver.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Roster Functionality: Track Mentored Leaders

    How to show mentored leaders on trip (perhaps leave as is but automatically make anyone whose role is co-leader or mentored leader and admin and add "show as contact" checkbox. How to show on committee roster. Probably Leader box checked with mentored leader note and a "short" expiration date. Also add survey aimed at trips with mentored leader (show this feedback to primary leader, co leader and mentored leader)

    7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Review Participation Notes

    On the "My Activities" page there's a "Review Participation Notes" blue button. It seems like these Participation Notes should have their own section on the left sidebar, similar to "My Feedback". Or it could be combined with the "My Feedback" page and use the same date filtering etc.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Tess Wendel responded

    When making changes to the website, we have to consider the wide implications of reorganizing information. Participation notes are only available to leaders and group administrators – participants cannot see participation notes created by leaders. The participation notes are designed as an investigative tool for leaders for an incident, accident, or behavioral issue. It’s included on the My Activities page so leaders can easily see successful trip history as a way to screen participants pre trip. Leaders should only look at the participation notes when a red flag was noted in the past or a person’s trip status includes ‘needs improvement. Due to the special use case of this information and the small pool of people able to access this information, we feel the participant notes to not warrant a special tab, and we are going to keep the current structure at this time.

  16. Organizations, Online Invoicing & Contracts SD562++

    Set up organization in our website so that we can sync them to the existing organizations in SF. This will allow us to connect contacts, activities & courses (Mountain Workshops), events (Program Center Clients) and lodge stays (Outdoor Center Groups & Clients) to them for better tracking. We'll be able to add invoices that the organization contact can pay online, taking advantage of our existing online payment process and Salesforce reporting.

    13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Video/Phone Conference System

    Provide video conference equipment for use at our Seattle and Tacoma Program Centers. Choose and set up a video conference provider for our volunteers to use.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a searchable database of all committee chairs SD646

    searchable by activity type, branch (idea came from scramble summit)

    5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a skill to volunteer profile

    Under Volunteer Profile, add a box for "Conflict resolution, mediation, or legal help" to recruit volunteers that can serve as neutral mediators in a conflict or a complaint situation.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Tess Wendel responded

    We now have a Attorney/Legal skill option AND a Mediation/Conflict Resolution skill listed in the Volunteer Profile

  20. Improve Feedback forms ~PloneOnly

    Please fix the feedback form-
    Under the overall rating you only give four options and there have been a number of times that I didn’t want to mark “Pretty good, I'd go again” or “Not so great, I'd think twice about going again”, but needed something right in the middle like- it was OK, but I might or might not do it again.
    With the options given “Not so great” is just a little better than a disaster. We need some kind of “ho hum” option. Sometimes it isn’t as bad as “Not so great” but it isn’t “Pretty good”…

    2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Tess Wendel responded

    We recently reviewed and updated all of our feedback forms. We opted stick with four response options, to avoid too many folks “sitting on the fence” – but we did update the options to include a more neutral “it was fine” choice. Additionally, we rephrased the question/replies to focus on the person’s experience on that specific trip, regardless of whether or not they would go again. Please see the following example:

    Please rate your overall experience on this trip.
    > It was excellent, I loved everything!
    > It was just fine, nothing stood out as particularly positive or negative.
    > It wasn’t my favorite, there were a few things that I didn’t enjoy.
    > It was terrible, I didn’t like anything!

    We also included some additional questions related to building a more welcoming, inclusive environment, limiting our impact on our public lands and clarifying any safety related incidents.

    To view…

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base