Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. Add cancelation date range

Issue:

I'm a trip leader. A couple days before a trip I don't want anyone new signing up for planning/logistics reasons. The solution for that is to have signup close a couple days early. But then people signed up can't cancel from my trip without emailing me and having me do it (or the Program Center do it), which is a pain for me to do. Since someone can't be signed up for 2 trips at the same time, they might need me to cancel them ASAP so they can sign up for another trip, but I might not be…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Slider Images" to Branch Home Pages SD385

Allow branch admins to add images to their branch 's page that will be "slider images" similar to the main mountaineers.org home page. They will be images only (no special text, boxes or links).

Some thought this was part of the branch home page design, but that was not perfectly clear in specification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →
  3. "My Activities" should be visible on the landing page after the login

I'm internet savvy but didn't discover "My Activities" and other menu items that are currently hidden behind the login name, until recently.
    Make the site intuitive like http://www.Meetup.com. It shouldn't require training.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
  4. Still Logged In as a Zope User GH1096

A few folks have received a "Still Logged is as Zope User" message when logging out of the website. Please let us know if you are one of them. Thanks!

Here is info that would be helpful to us if you experience this issue:

• What device are you using (brand, model, etc.)

• What browser and operating system you are using.
      • Was there anything odd about when you logged in?
      • From where did you log in (e.g. following a link in an email or bookmark/favorite that required log in or navigation directly to mountaineers.org.)?
      • What page were you on when you…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We understand what causes this issue and it is only an issue with site admins. It has not been reported by anyone in several months.

5. Move Question Mark

The question mark at the bottom of the web page is right on top of the down arrow on the scroll bar, so its really easy to accidentally click on it, which is very annoying. Can we move the location of the question mark a little so that it doesn't cover the scroll bar? (from Ralph Wessels)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We’ve reviewed and discussed and unfortunately, we cannot find a better place for the question mark to live, and no one else has reported this as an issue.

Please do email us at info@mountaineers.org if there’s anything you need.

Thanks again for bring this to our attention!

6. Make Mountaineers e-newsletters come from different email than activity emails

It's helpful for me to be able to sort through activity related emails separately than e-newsletters. Maybe make these come through as activities@mountaineers.org versus info@mountaineers.org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
  7. Bookmarking a place in the activities list SD387

When I’m scrolling through the Activities and something catches my eye, I’ll open it to check out the details. After reading it and deciding to continue, I click the browser back button or the back to activities arrow. Either way it takes me back to the TOP of the activities page even if I had been at the bottom. I have to scroll back down to where I was – if I remember where that was – to continue where I left off. There should be a way to return to where you left off without all the backtracking. Is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Sort Stick on Roster SD581

Make it so when you switch sort order to alpha or by role (like instructor or admin on a committee) it stays while you are editing.

It would also be good to have this on the calendar function as well to remember what date you were on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Admin →
  9. Volunteer Recognition Badges ~WebsiteContent

We have Super Volunteer and Key Leader Badges. What other ideas do you have for volunteer recognition badges? This input, combined with our current and future website abilities will help us make the best decisions as we develop ways to recognize the hard work that our volunteers do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →

We shoudl do this as a survey to our volunteers. It’s too hard to get responses for this kind of a question here.

10. Add a photos tab to courses SD434

Add a photos tab next to the course materials tab to show potential participants what they can expect in the course.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow overlapping activities

The website doesn't allow for overlapping activities, for example two 3-day climbs of the same summit which would summit and camp on different days.
    For example, one climb of a mountain could be on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and another climb could be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. One climb thus summits on Saturday, the other on Monday.
    Since there is no conflict of having two parties travelling along the same part of a route at the same time, the website should allow registration of activities that don't exactly overlap.
    A warning is probably still in order since the trip leaders must make…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →
  12. Donate via a foundation online

Donors whose funds come from a foundation cannot donate online with the current system, they have to mail a check via their foundation. One new donor requested that The Mountaineers look into a way to contribute foundation funds online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Admin →
  13. Show waitlist participants to other registered participants

I would like to see who is on waitlist for an activity I am registered for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Events easier to find

Events should be listed next to LEARN EXPLORE AND CONSERVE on the main homepage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
  15. Access to Badge Rosters

Provide access to badge rosters with means for admins to maintain them and correct inaccuracies. I know of no defensible reason to hide this information, especially from committees that need it to do their jobs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Admin →
  16. Add tracking mechanism to members page for mileage and altitude gained on club trips for yearly totals-ie:100,000ft gained, etc.

This would enhance club trip participation- esp among members that join groups like Meet Up and others. Would drive demand for more trips- esp hikes, hopefully driving more Leader participation as a result. It'd also be fun- great for bragging rights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
  17. Sea Kayak specific route template

As part of the noted December reworking of route templates, a distinct template for Sea Kayak activities should be developed. Among the changes that should be made would be recognition that multiple launch sites might serve a given water body so the land manager will vary. The entry for land subdivision is usually meaningless and should be omitted. Parking permit requirements again depend on the launch site and so might be moved to the sea kayak activity template. Maximum party size might also be relocated to the activity template. National Forest District is not needed. The GPS maps are problematic.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →
  18. Add status column to course roster

The course roster can be improved with a new column to show status of the students and instructosr. Students start out as registered then progress to graduated, cancelled, failed, extended, etc. Instructors may also cancel, no show. Using the role column to carry that fact is not the best because then when the status changes we lose track of the actual role. For example, if the status changes to cancelled, we no longer know if the registration was for a student or an instructor.

By extension, this idea means that "graduated" is a status of the student role, not a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Admin →
  19. Link Activities to Event/Room Reservation listings

One of those items that I would be interested in seeing added to the
    capabilities of the new website system, is for when room reservations are
    made that an option exists to simultaneously tie that reservation into an
    actual activity. I know that not all room reservations are
    Mountaineers-related, but I suspect that those that are related would
    generally be associated with an activity (I know that all of mine are so
    far). This would possibly help alleviate date problems (I just noticed I
    was broadcasting a lecture date as being different from the room
    reservation - which was the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
  20. Web forms and surveys integrated into the website GH1674

It would be great to have web forms available to leaders so we can create course applications, branch surveys, run branch elections, etc directly on the website using the member's login

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base