Improve Roster Functionality: Track Mentored Leaders
How to show mentored leaders on trip (perhaps leave as is but automatically make anyone whose role is co-leader or mentored leader and admin and add "show as contact" checkbox. How to show on committee roster. Probably Leader box checked with mentored leader note and a "short" expiration date. Also add survey aimed at trips with mentored leader (show this feedback to primary leader, co leader and mentored leader)
See the second comment by Jeff Bowman (Jun 28, 2017) for how to use the features we have for tacking mentored leaders. There are two items left, automating checking the admin box for co- and mentored leaders, and creating a how to page for our Leaders Resources.
We need to review this idea in light of recently completed improvements and others ideas that are "in the works" to determine what we need/want to do to make it easier to track mentored leaders.
Here are some ways to track and manage leaders whom we are mentoring:
• You need not add a leader whom we are mentoring to the committee’s leader roster. But if you don't there are fewer things they can see and do on the website to manage. For the best mentored leader experience, it's best to add them to your committee as a leader.
• When you add a leader we are mentoring to a committee roster, be sure to add a note that they are being mentored, who is mentoring them, and any other info that is appropriate.
• COMPLETE - See Prevent Leader/Instructor Badge Assignment (https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/33666775-prevent-leader-instructor-badge-assignment-gh2740). This allows you to add mentored leaders to your committee roster and NOT assign them a leader badge.
• COMPLETE - See "Track Leaders, Instructors and Members better on Committee Rosters including Automatically Assigning Leader Badges" (http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7053675-track-leaders-instructors-and-members-better-on-c). The one thing here for mentored leaders is the Leader Expiration Date.
• Either person can be the Primary Leader (aka “leader of record”) for an activity, so long as you add the leader being mentored to the committee’s leader roster.
• If the Primary leader is the mentor, be sure to choose “Mentored Leader” for the mentee Activity Role on the activity roster. If the mentee is the Primary Leader, it’s probably best to make the mentor’s Activity Role, “Co-leader.”
• If the mentee is listed as the “Mentored Leader” (i.e. NOT the Primary Leader), checking their “Admins” box on the activity roster gives them enough privileges to the activity roster. This actually applies to anyone on the roster, so it’s great for co-leaders and some assistant leaders too.
• TO BE SCHEDULED - See "Co-leader and Mentored Leader Activity Roster Automation" (https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/34067407-co-leader-and-mentored-leader-activity-roster-auto)
• You can check the “Show as contact” box for either or both the mentor and mentee. Whoever has this box checked is displayed on the activity detail page on the right, just below the registration portlet.
** Once we have the ideas above complete, we should create a how to page for the technical aspects of mentoring potential new leaders
How to show mentored leaders on trip (perhaps leave as is but automatically make anyone whose role is co-leader or mentored leader and admin and add showa s contact checkbox. How to show on committee roster. Probably Leader box checked with mentored leader note and a "short" expiration date. Also add survey aimed at trips with mentored leader (show this feedback to primary leader, co leader and mentored leader)