Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

141 results found

1. Add a My Trip Reports Page GH2419 & 2631

Add a "My Trip Reports" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own trip reports and trip reports by others easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Redesign Website Header and Sitemap, and Integrate mountaineersbooks.org with mountaineers.org SD579

Redesign our website header so it is better for mid-size mobile devices and re-organize our site map so that it better includes features we've added since launch (e.g. selling books, find volunteers, lodges), etc. This will involve UX design and some graphic design work.

Add "Locations" to the top level and move Branches, Outdoor Centers and Program Centers there.

Selling eBooks, ability to use promo codes currently in use on mountaineersbooks.org (e.g. buy one get one free) and content migration (pages, blogs, calendars, etc.) are the key considerations. Integrating our two websites will eliminate confusion of where to purchase books,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix the mobile My Courses View GH2094

Right now when you open My Courses & Programs and then open courses that have activities in the future and past it looks a little messy, it'd be better to have them open in a separate modal dialogue

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Table of badge dates

On the "My Activities" page there's a "Review Participation Notes" blue button. When I click on that and scroll all the way to the bottom it shows when my badges were added and when they expire. This table of dates is super handy, but having it located here is really klunky.

It seems like all this badge date info should be at the bottom of the "My Profile" page. It would also be nice to list along with the Expire date if it has expired but it's still in the grace period.

I know you already added a date tooltips…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve quantity +/- buttons on shopping cart page GH2124

Hard to change quantities, buttons too small

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow changing quantities for refunds GH1847

Right now its hard to do refund for purchases with quantity greater than 1. Now that we are selling merch we need to fix this functionality

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve relevance of Branch News page

The Branch landing page presents a newsfeed (blog) over which the branch has little control and does not make a very useful "home' or "welcoming" page for branch.

Ideally,branches should be able to design/manage landing pages to their liking, but that's another story.

Short of that, I request a better way to prioritize the blogs that appear on that page. As it stands, the page intermixes blogs submitted by the branch with blogs submitted by staff and others. The problem is that the volume of blogs originating from others overwhelms those originating from the branch, causing them to scroll off…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Managing the blog posts and events branch pages is a team sport. We don’t tag everything to the branch pages, but with organization-wide things that are important for our members we do post them to the branch pages. We do so because assume some people visit only their branch page and don’t always visit our home page.

The design of the branch pages was requested and approved by all our branch’s leadership. Changing their design requires the same level of consideration and approval. At this point, we don’t see a desire for making changes from our branch leaders, but please do send any suggestions to your branch chair so they can bring them before their fellow branch leaders.

10. SEO Improvements 2017-18 GHP1 SD587

We engaged Portent, Inc. to review our website from an SEO (Search Engine Optimization, e.g. Google) perspective. They gave us a set of recommendations that involve both technical and content improvements to our website. Overall, this is likely a large project, but will likely be many very small projects that we can accomplish with our monthly support over time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integrate Salesforce with Acumatica

The current process involves manual assignment of revenue codes for memberships, courses, etc., a time-consuming task that is subject to inconsistent interpretation and error. Integration would automate this process, reducing time spent entering data and improve the accuracy of our data. We'd also like to sync (or be able use an export-import process) to transfer data from SF to Acumatica.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hold Space in Registration Process

To prevent member and guests from losing a space after they begin the registration process, we need to hold that space for long enough for them to pay for the course or activity. This will also fix the issue where items have registration end date but remaining in the shopping cart indefinitely.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Email Timestamp for Message Sent from Website GH2292

It appears that when a leader sends an email from the team roster or anyone on the roister send an email from the tabbed nav roster that the timestamp on the email is eight hours earlier than when the email was actually sent. So it would seem that the website is sending the time as UTC rather than PST and the recipient's email server is converting that to PST (8 hours earlier than UTC).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update Privacy settings for leaders and admins GH2102

Right now some of our leaders have their profiles set to Private but we need members to be able to see leader's badges and emails for communication. Please note this would not share leader's address, emergency contact, phone etc, just email/badges/profile bio

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Send "Your waiver is about to expire" email ~SFOnly

Send an automatic email out to folks before their waiver expires.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Transportation and membership

My idea would be be able to full enjoy the Mountaineers without a car. It seems very difficult to do so, hikes in particular. Make it easier to delete our account and membership if needed. Great customer service.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicate Family Members GH2130

There is not a warning message or anything that prevents someone from using the "Add Family Member" button to create a duplicate account for someone who already has one on mountaineers.org. Right now family members can create an unlimited number of duplicate accounts. Can we add a pop-up warning message like we do on the regular Create Account page when a first name/last name/email match is made?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With window reduced, 'Learn' is not visible

When you reduce the size of your window the LEARN menu and the left quarter of the screen disappears. Scroll bar appears fully left but missing key navigation features on the site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We launched the website mobile responsive theme on Oct 4 and this was fixed as part of that effort.

20. Remember me function on log in page is broken GH2020

"Remember me" on the log in page is not working and when I open new windows or close my browser I have to log in again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have this fixed. Please let us know if you have any issues with the “Keep me logged in” feature.

Remember that when you use this it will last for 30 days for each device/browser combination so long as you do not log out.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base