General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The rosters should be open to participants to see who is going on a trip--not only to carpool but just to know who is going. Why not?

Currently the only ones who can see the rosters are leaders. Many times as a leader I've heard participants announce "I wish I had known you were going so we could have carpooled." Or many times after a trip people want to get together to socialize. We should protect personal information, but a list of names should not violate anyone's rights, should it?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add status column to course roster

The course roster can be improved with a new column to show status of the students and instructosr. Students start out as registered then progress to graduated, cancelled, failed, extended, etc. Instructors may also cancel, no show. Using the role column to carry that fact is not the best because then when the status changes we lose track of the actual role. For example, if the status changes to cancelled, we no longer know if the registration was for a student or an instructor.

By extension, this idea means that "graduated" is a status of the student role, not a…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When viewing roster (from yellow bar) include date of activity somewhere near the top GH2326

Real helpful when I have multiple rosters for course-related activity. Example: Kayak Roll Course, with 3 associated pool sessions. I can easily get confused as to which one I am working on at the time. Right now, all three look identical. If dated would show up while in the roster editing screen, then I would instantly be able to verify which one is open.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace Roster CSV (download), Copy, Print Feature GH1578

The "TableTools" plug-in that we're using is now retired and it used Flash which is not available on all devices. We'll replace it with a newer "Buttons" plug-in that uses HTML5.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Sort Stick on Roster SD581

Make it so when you switch sort order to alpha or by role (like instructor or admin on a committee) it stays while you are editing.

It would also be good to have this on the calendar function as well to remember what date you were on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Download Roster: Have option to download only those selected GH1132

Right now the download roster brings everyone on the list, it would be cool to be able to select a portion of the roster and download this portion for management for all rosters (committee, course and activity). - Suggestion from Focus Groups

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display Initlal Message for Course Tempalate Team Rosters GH2941

For course template team rosters that have a slow initial load time, display the message, "Gathering roster data. This may take a up to a minute." until the roster data is displayed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync "Last Activity Led" column from committee rosters from Plone to SF GH2882

The data from the new "last activity led" column on committee rosters is not yet available to be included in Salesforce reporting.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. last activity lead

It looks like the "last activity lead/led" date column in the committee rosters includes activities which have been canceled. that doesn't seem correct.
    it also includes activities in the future, but I guess this could be nice to have. but it doesn't make sense based on the column name. so maybe the column name could be changed to "Last Activity Scheduled" or something.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Comma delimited roster email address copy GH2884

Under "copy email addresses" in the roster, could we also have two separate ones, comma delimited and semi-colon delimited?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve search functionality in the Add Person to Roster field

Improve the search capabilities of the lookup field when you are using the "Add Person to Roster" field. Let’s say I’m looking at an activity and I want to add a person to the roster. I click the Roster option near the top of the window then click the button to add a person. A data entry form then appears. When I click in the name window the options for what I can type are extremely limited. If I type the name of a person the way they themselves have told me it is spelled, very often there is no…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Leaders of a committee should be able to access old course rosters

From Dennis Miller via info@mountaineers.org

It appears that courses expire which means they don't show up under the course template unless you are course admin.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GH1123 include the ability to include attachments.

GH1123 include the ability to include attachments.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Roster field showing members Branch

Many trips and outings are joined by members from all Branches. Once a trip is created, and the time comes for communicating final information, a field showing the participant's Branch world be most helpful to assist with arranging carpooling.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

When we were chatting with many of our leaders and members during the creation of the current carpool system there was a strong consensus that people have the flexibility to share more detailed information about where they are coming from rather than grouping by Branch. We also were not able to share city with the group because of member privacy.

What we came up with instead is the carpool preference field which has 2 parts. One that allows you to pick Drive, Ride, Drive or Ride, Drive- Full Car, Drive- Have Space.

And then part two where you can say. I’m coming from Ravenna and prefer to meet at 65th St Park and Ride.

Anyone signed up for the same trip can then see this detailed information when they go to the roster and click Email Roster.

Leaders are able to see which city people are coming from and occasionally…

15. Roster screen: Student status and sorting

On the roster screens for activities and courses display names in last name, firstname MI format (also when searching to add people). Put a set of checkboxes on the main roster screens to let leaders update status without needing to drill down to the edit screen for eaxch student.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Group instructors/leaders separately on course rosters

Group leaders and instructors separately from course participants in course rosters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rosters: Registration Date/Time Sort Order GH1183

When sorting by registration date/time, date sort order is correct but not time within a date.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Roster Functionality: Badge Rosters SD584

Make sure there is pagination and the ability to search on large badge rosters. We'd also like the ability to download rosters. Need to be able to bulk update expiration date. Also need to fix the roster download function.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Roster Management - Canceling after registration closes GH1782

Currently if registration for an activity is closed and the leader cancels someone from the roster, the next person from the waitlist is automatically added to the roster. To avoid this the total capacity of the trip has to be reduced before canceling someone. This is annoying as a leader and confusing for the participants if done wrong. Once registration is closed, the roster should be fixed unless manually edited.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

Roster management is now manual after registration has closed. We will be sending out a notification in leader lines but please pass along to your fellow leaders.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base