Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

412 results found

1. Allow course leaders to offer spots to students whose offer has expired GH2971

Right now students are offered a spot and they have 5 days to complete offer and then they are put into cancelled mode. Students also can be trying to complete their offer online and for courses where you have to pick field trips they often navigate away from the screen to check calendars and when they come back the 30 minutes is up and they have been kicked into cancelled mode. Both of these cancellations usually result in the student reaching out to the course leader and the course leader is unable to offer them a spot so instead member…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Include a link to Post a Trip Report in Your Trip Is Closed notice

More trip reports might be written if a reminder/invitation to write link were tucked into the Your Trip Has Been Closed email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We already do. See the comments for the text of the email we send.

3. Add new brands on ExpertVoice

I love this perk and have used it 3 times already. My only complaint is that there needs to be new brands added on. I remember getting an email about a brand item only to find out it's not on The Mountaineers. How hard is it to add more?
    I know we all like different brands so I would hate to loose any just want more added in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your note Vickie. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying and taking advantage of the benefits offered through your membership. ExpertVoice has been one of our generous supporters for many years, and they offer discounts on brands for Mountaineers at two different levels: about 100 brands are available for members, and 300 brands are available for volunteers (who volunteer five or more days a year). ExpertVoice selects the different brands available at each tier. If you’d like to provide them with additional feedback, you can do so at https://www.expertvoice.com/contact.

4. Uncheck all email opt-ins when the email opt-out box is checked in Salesforce.

Add a process in Salesforce that unchecks all email opt-ins on a member's profile if the email opt-out box is ever checked in Salesforce.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Exception for seniors.

Exception for seniors.
    Reference: BAKER’S DOZEN Offered by the Bellingham Branch, asks that you climb no more than 5 peaks per year to achieve this, but since I will be just short of 65 next year when I attempt it, I was wondering if an exception might be made for seniors, since we may not live long enough for multi-year attempts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add back grey line text divider line in rich text fields GH2427

Previously you could add a gray line to break up your text in blogs and other text heavy fields. Ever since we launched the new text editor that <hr> HTML tag has disappeared - bring it back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clean up the Safety Concern section of the Participant Survey form GH2731

This request is two part

1.) Modify the label and description of the Y/N Safety Concern question

Label: "Were there any safety incidents or other concerns to report?"

Description: [NO CHANGE]

2.) Add a text field to the Participant Survey to describe their safety concern.

Label: "Please describe your concern"

Description: "Provide a short description of your safety concern"

Content Type: Text field

Business Rules: Like #1 above, if content is entered into this text field, send safety report to Safety@mountaineers.org

User Story: As a trip participant, when I enter a description of my safety concern and click Submit to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We added the text field asking for a brief summary.

Sending this to the Safety Committee for either a “yes” checkbox or “not empty” text field is complete.

Mar 2018

9. Enable Safety Officers to View Rosters GH2744

Enable Safety Officers to access to activity, course and event rosters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Safety  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Functionality for youth in family memberships who age out GH2747/2773

When a youth who is a Mountaineers member turns 18, they should receive a "happy birthday" email (with the primary account holder copied) saying:
    "Happy birthday! We're so grateful that you and your family have given The Mountaineers a chance to play a role in your formative years. We hope you feel like you're part of the family. We know that your late teens and early 20's are busy years. We hope you can still stay involved, but even if life takes you on new adventures, we want you to know that we still consider you part of our family,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clarify rolling enrollment confirmation emails ~SFOnly

Right now the email shows only the start date of the first course lecture/field trip which is confusing. Make it so both start and end dates show AND it states that it is rolling enrollment and the individual course dates will be shown in separate activity email

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Financial Assistance Link on Course/Activity Layout GH2749

Should say "Apply for Financial Assistance"
    We'd also like to move the Cancellation and Refund link below Availability so we have text that breaks up the two links.

https://www.mountaineers.org/membership/financial-assistance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When adding a reservation to SPC calendar, add an "ability to open/close SPC" checkbox GHPR2742

Facility and Volunteers don't have a clear system for ensuring there is a person on site who can open and close the facility. Under the current system, staff must manually follow-up with each leader or make assumptions about event overlaps and if there is going to be someone that can open/close the facility.

I'd like to see a required checkbox on the add event page that asks:

"Will there be someone that is familiar and able to open and close the program center during this event?" If no, or unsure, please contact the facility staff at spc@mountaineers.org"

We then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change map when destination is changed GH2018

When a trip leader changes the destination [route/place] for an existing trip [activity], the map coordinates [GPS Start and End points] don't change. They should probably change to the new destination [route/place].

[I think we also missed high point when adding and editing an activity. We should add that too when we do this.]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix time entry so that entering 12:00 AM (midnight) works GH2602

Currently when we enter 12:00 AM in a datetime field, it is converted to 12:00 PM when saved. Note that entering 00:00 AM works, so this is the workaround.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change text on links prompting log in or Join GH2594

Change the default text on links when outside people are prompted to log in from Join The Mountaineers to Join or Create Guest Account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lodges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Summit register at Mount Olympus Middle Peak

Need to make the Mountaineers summit register at Mount Olympus Middle Peak watertight and bring a register to put in it next time someone goes up there. I looked in it a few days ago. A few soaked scraps of paper is all that is in there. It is the first Mountaineers summit register container I have seen on any peak. Maybe this has some historical value? Will email a photo of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Tess Wendel responded

Hi Jerry,

We’ve added a note on the Mt. Olympus route/place listing that the middle summit is missing a register and that registers are available at the Seattle Program Center.

We are also able to mail paper registers to people who aren’t able to stop by the program center and have their own summit tupperware or other watertight container. Email info@mountaineers.org if you have a summit attempt booked and want a register.

18. Add a My Trip Reports Page GH2419 & 2631

Add a "My Trip Reports" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own trip reports and trip reports by others easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Global Adventures Waiver to GA registration process

Make it so global adventure participants are prompted to fill out the global adventures waiver form when registering for the activity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search closed activities

I would like a way to search recently completed trips, so I can contact trip leaders for current route beta. This could be as simple as a checkbox on the activity search page for "Search only past/closed activities".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sam,

Thanks for the suggestion. You can use the “Starting…” section to find past activities. The “Start” and “End” dates mean "I want activities that occur between “Start Date” and “End Date.” This works for Find Activities (https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/activities) and site search (https://www.mountaineers.org/search).

Also note that our Routes & Places (https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/routes-places) have trip reports associated with them. This may be a good source of information from trips from more than just our leaders.

And of course you can search our Trip Reports (https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/trip-reports).

Thanks!

Jeff

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base