General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update "send us updates and images" link on routes/places GH2322

    Have the link go to a online form to collect information and updates for the route/place including resources (attachments)

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Alternate Title to Text Search for routes/places GH2208

    Routes/places have good alternate titles but they are not always coming up when you search in routes/places unless added to the summary or main content field.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to use the cursor keys within all text fields when creating or editing an activity.

    When setting up and/or editing an activity, it is possible to move the cursor about inside the "Summary" filed but not in the "Meeting Place and Time" and "Required Equipment" fields. As a result, it is very frustrating to enter or correct information in the online activity form.

    In other words, when pressing the ⬅️➡️⬆️or ⬇️ keys on my keyboard, the cursor will move accordingly inside the text field "Summary" as one would expect with a normal word processing function.

    But in the "Meeting Place and Time" and "Required Equipment" fields, pressing these same ⬅️➡️⬆️or ⬇️ keyboard cursor control keys…

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve relevance of Branch News page

    The Branch landing page presents a newsfeed (blog) over which the branch has little control and does not make a very useful "home' or "welcoming" page for branch.

    Ideally,branches should be able to design/manage landing pages to their liking, but that's another story.

    Short of that, I request a better way to prioritize the blogs that appear on that page. As it stands, the page intermixes blogs submitted by the branch with blogs submitted by staff and others. The problem is that the volume of blogs originating from others overwhelms those originating from the branch, causing them to scroll off…

    3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    Managing the blog posts and events branch pages is a team sport. We don’t tag everything to the branch pages, but with organization-wide things that are important for our members we do post them to the branch pages. We do so because assume some people visit only their branch page and don’t always visit our home page.

    The design of the branch pages was requested and approved by all our branch’s leadership. Changing their design requires the same level of consideration and approval. At this point, we don’t see a desire for making changes from our branch leaders, but please do send any suggestions to your branch chair so they can bring them before their fellow branch leaders.

  5. Make tag type-ahead search case insensitive GH2325

    Make the type-ahead tag search case insensitive. For example, if you type "Everett" or "everett", the "Everett Branch" tag should be in the results list.

    3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Merge and Retire Routes & Places SD510 & GH2615

    Despite our efforts to merge duplicates before the new website migration and with our new added flexibility for “combo routes,” we need the ability to merge and retire Routes & Places. And be able to do it in a way that does not adversely affect the activities and trip reports to which they are connected and so that our Routes & Places better serve their two primary functions--preventing us from sending two groups to the same place at the same time and being an online guidebook for our members and guests

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    We added retiring Routes & Places, a much smaller improvement development-wise, and no longer need to merge Routes & Places. We need only add some notes to a retired route/place about which one use in its place or if it was retired because we may no longer go there (e.g. trail/road washed out with no plans to repair or rebuild).

  7. Skill Badges as Activity Prerequisites SD313/414

    Some benefits to using skill badges as prerequisites for activities include:
    --Lessening bureaucracy and improving course administration. For example, Basic Climbing Admins would be able to track student progress online, rather than manually in booklets, and it can ensure that Basic Climbing students cannot register for glacier climbs until they've successfully completed glacier skills training.
    --Allowing course leaders to specify leader prerequisites for skills conditioners, allowing people to grow into leadership, broadening the leadership funnel.
    --Encouraging leaders who are reluctant to take students they don’t know on climbs to open them up, because they will be able to see more…

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upgrade our Salesforce Nonprofit Stater Pack

    The main reasons to upgrade include (1) NPSP2 is no longer supported, (2) the Eventbrite Sync does not work with NPSP2 without manual intervention, and (3) we have a few improvements we’d like that NPSP3 or come natively in NPSP3 and eliminate the need for development to get them.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video/Phone Conference System

    Provide video conference equipment for use at our Seattle and Tacoma Program Centers. Choose and set up a video conference provider for our volunteers to use.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Migrate Email to “The Cloud” ~IT

    Email, shared and personal calendars, active directory for access to local resources (e.g. printers).

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hold Space in Registration Process

    To prevent member and guests from losing a space after they begin the registration process, we need to hold that space for long enough for them to pay for the course or activity. This will also fix the issue where items have registration end date but remaining in the shopping cart indefinitely.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clone Events SD585

    Add a feature to clone Events like we can do for Lodge Stays. This would be much lime a "recurring events" feature.

    5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Skill Badge Assignment for Successful Activity Completion

    Allowing leaders to choose which skill badge(s) to assign when closing an activity better support activities where multiple skills are learned and our modularization efforts. Currently it's an "all or none" assignment.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email Non-primary Lodge Guests GH2289

    Ask for all non-primary guest email addresses as part of the reservation process with the default being the primary guest's email. This will help us better communicate will all lodge guests with info about the weekend including lodge stay cancellations. It will also help us with recruiting an engagement.

    10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow application files directly uploaded to course edit form GH2764

    Make it so I can directly upload my course application on the course Edit form. Having to find my url and remember which folder i uploaded my application in is confusing and not intuitive.

    1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    We added a link to the help text that opens the Course Materials folder in a new tab or window so that a file or web form can be added or its URL copied more easily. It’s one click up to the course template and it’s other folders if the application form is stored in a folder other than in the Course Materials folder.

  16. Fix Email Timestamp for Message Sent from Website GH2292

    It appears that when a leader sends an email from the team roster or anyone on the roister send an email from the tabbed nav roster that the timestamp on the email is eight hours earlier than when the email was actually sent. So it would seem that the website is sending the time as UTC rather than PST and the recipient's email server is converting that to PST (8 hours earlier than UTC).

    5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Events work on tagging system for all branches GH2284

    Right now you can't tag an event to multiple calendars and we want to be able to show some events in multiple branches calendars without having to copy and paste. Please make events work this way rather than the folder system to allow greater flexibility and maintain only rsvp roster.

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update Privacy settings for leaders and admins GH2102

    Right now some of our leaders have their profiles set to Private but we need members to be able to see leader's badges and emails for communication. Please note this would not share leader's address, emergency contact, phone etc, just email/badges/profile bio

    0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a "Leader Permission" Style Feature to Lodge Stays GH2253

    Add a "Leader Permission" style feature to the lodge stay, so that lodge admins can configure a message that guests see and then a checkbox in the lodge stay reservation model dialog that drives whether the "Reserve" button is active. See the attached file for a sample of how this might look.

    Something like:

    Reservation Restricted
    Reservations are currently restricted to Everett Avalanche Course students.
    [ ] I have permission to make this reservation.

    9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base