General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD23

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo credit for leaders on routes/places images SD481/485

Give authors photo credit on the routes/places images on the website. Just small text underneath the photo to designate the name and year.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weekend Activities Filter SD502/503

Add a filter to the activities search so you can find weekend events only.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Calendar View" to the activity search SD501

Add "Calendar View" to the activity search so that people looking for a certain type of activity but have time limitations can quickly see what activities would be valid.

EX: I am busy every other weekend and would like to look for evening scrambles, currently I have to go through all of the listed scrambles. Where if there was a Calendar view to the search results I would be able to see the available scrambles quickly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent Leader/Instructor Badge Assignment GH2740

When adding a person to a committee roster as a leader and/or an instructor, have two checkboxes--one for leaders and one for instructors--that prevent the leader and/or instructor badge from being assigned.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Leaders to Choose Activity Template or Route/Place Image for Activities SD641

When scheduling an activity, allow the leader to choose to use one of the the route/place images, the activity template image, or an image from their local computer.

Notes:

- Currently when scheduling a trip (standalone) activity, the one form the route/place is the default and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer. For course activities, the default image is from the activity template, and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer.

- Many of our Routes & Places have an "Images" folder where we store images submitted by our…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate mountaineers.org and Learning Management System (eLearning) SD636++

Integrate the Learning Management System (LMS, aka eLearning) with our website so that when people are added to a roster in they are added in the LMS and receive appropriate course materials.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Safety Officers to view rosters and submit incident reports GH2744

Enable Safety Officers to perform the following
    1.) Safety Officer access to activity, course and event rosters
    2.) Safety Officer ability to submit an Incident Report tied to an activity, course or event

Where Safety Officers are members of the Safety Committee roster and Leader status on that roster is True

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calendar Setup and Breakdown Times Autopopulate GH2760

SET UP TIMES and BREAKDOWN TIMES should auto-populate to mirror the event date as a default (at least for staff entering events, if it can be permission-based). Default should be 15 minutes on either side of event start and end. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it possible for website to process multiple payments for trips like Global Adventures SD293

Make it possible for deposits to be taken and then remaining balance paid through the website.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Avy terrain rating GH2743

Add an avy terrain category rating to each route/place based on the highest risk area. Eg our Nordic Touring books list avalanche danger as "none, low, moderate, etc" The idea is that any route/place that has an NWAC link also has an avy rating so students can make informed decisions. (came from both snowshoe and scramble summits)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Functionality for youth in family memberships who age out GH2747

When a youth who is a Mountaineers member turns 18, they should receive a "happy birthday" email (with the primary account holder copied) saying:
    "Happy birthday! We're so grateful that you and your family have given The Mountaineers a chance to play a role in your formative years. We hope you feel like you're part of the family. We know that your late teens and early 20's are busy years. We hope you can still stay involved, but even if life takes you on new adventures, we want you to know that we still consider you part of our family,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filter for Full Courses/Activities SD638/639

Use cases:
    * I am a participant and I want to only view courses and activities that have availability.
    * I am a leader and I want to only view courses and activities that have leader availability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Email Notification for Comments SD642

Make it so comments on trip reports, blog posts, etc. send an email to the person who posted the trip report so they can respond and have a dialogue about conditions. We'll also need a way to opt out of this email.

Note: If the commenter shared their profile their name is a link that will provide their email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Submitting feedback should be a two step process GH2757/2758

When submitting feedback for an event there should be a two-step process - after entering the information and clicking a button - but before submitting for good - a "view" page should show how the feedback will eventually appear, warn the user that once submitted the feedback can't be changed, and allow the user to go back and edit some more. This is pretty standard for feedback and survey forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Branch Council Roster Positions GH2746

Please create positions specific to branch rosters:
    Branch Chair
    Branch Vice-chair
    Branch Co-chair
    Branch Secretary
    Branch Treasurer
    Branch Officer

Note: "Member" is for branches whose committee chairs regularly attend branch council meetings but don't have a branch officer role (so its important we keep this) Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add ability to add end date to monthly donations GH2761

Make it possible to set up monthly donation for a specific time period. Ideally be able to be put in an amount with an expiration date. We had a number of donors at the breakfast who were interested in giving say $250 but wanted it in $50 increments for 5 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base