General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD23

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Weekend Activities Filter SD502/503

Add a filter to the activities search so you can find weekend events only.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Calendar View" to the activity search SD501

Add "Calendar View" to the activity search so that people looking for a certain type of activity but have time limitations can quickly see what activities would be valid.

EX: I am busy every other weekend and would like to look for evening scrambles, currently I have to go through all of the listed scrambles. Where if there was a Calendar view to the search results I would be able to see the available scrambles quickly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Entering, Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Hours SD394++

Some features needed:
    * Self-reporting volunteer hours (e.g. projects and committee meetings)
    * Add a My Volunteer Hours page (self-reported, activities, courses and events [and volunteer opportunities])
    * Printing volunteer hours for company matching
    * Salesforce volunteer hours reporting

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need Secondary Emergency Contact when Spouse on trip GH2828

The Member Profile allows you to provide an emergency contact. This works well, but if it is a spouse or partner, and both of you go on the same trip (as happened on a recent backpack I led), that contact is not useful. Leaders end up needing to request a second contact. (My co-leader wanted this from me; the problem hadn't occurred to me.) For such situations, it would be helpful to have a second contact in the system.

My suggestion is to provide the option to enter a second emergency contact and phone number, and where it is provided…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep a Waitlist for Lodge Stays SD555/560

Waitlists for lodge stays are complicated and challenging both because of the potential for one person to make a reservation for multiple people and the number of nights for which they may wish register.

It may be best to keep a waitlist separate from the roster for each lodge stay and email the entire list if any amount of availability opens. Then it's back to a first come, first served basis. This is a "notify me if space becomes available" rather than our traditional waitlist functionality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Leaders to Choose Activity Template or Route/Place Image for Activities SD641

When scheduling an activity, allow the leader to choose to use one of the the route/place images, the activity template image, or an image from their local computer.

Notes:

- Currently when scheduling a trip (standalone) activity, the one form the route/place is the default and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer. For course activities, the default image is from the activity template, and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer.

- Many of our Routes & Places have an "Images" folder where we store images submitted by our…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lodge-specific Sign-in Sheets (aka Print Rosters) SD648/649/650

For a two-night stay, what we have may be enough, but for longer stays a matrix-style sign-in sheet might be better. Or it may be better if we have a different printable sign-in sheet for each lodge.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable a script to create lodge stays and activiites in bulk SD663

As an admin, I need to create a complex set of lodge stay events for each weekend of the winter season. Doing this via the UI is error prone, time consuming, and painful. Provide a way that I can write a script in powershell, python, php, etc that will create the appropriate entities in the backend database. I'm willing to generate entities in xml, json, or the flavor of your choice.

If you can't give me the ability to write a script to do, then consider providing a script that does the work needed.

The script I want will do…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate mountaineers.org and Learning Management System (eLearning) SD636++

Integrate the Learning Management System (LMS, aka eLearning) with our website so that when people are added to a roster in they are added in the LMS and receive appropriate course materials.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Safety Officers to view rosters and submit incident reports GH2744

Enable Safety Officers to perform the following
    1.) Safety Officer access to activity, course and event rosters
    2.) Safety Officer ability to submit an Incident Report tied to an activity, course or event

Where Safety Officers are members of the Safety Committee roster and Leader status on that roster is True

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar Setup and Breakdown Times Autopopulate GH2760

SET UP TIMES and BREAKDOWN TIMES should auto-populate to mirror the event date as a default (at least for staff entering events, if it can be permission-based). Default should be 15 minutes on either side of event start and end. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it possible for website to process multiple payments for trips like Global Adventures SD293

Make it possible for deposits to be taken and then remaining balance paid through the website.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use "Age Group" Radio Buttons Instead of "Age" for Lodge Reservations SD637

Is it better to use radio buttons for the age groups [i.e. one for Adults (age 14+) and another for Youth (age 13-)] when reserving a lodge stay than asking for actual age? What are the pros and cons?

Using radio buttons is better when one person is making a lodge reservation for another and does not know their age. I suspect with will happen a lot, especially for lodge admins who add hosts and other volunteers, as well as people who might bring a friend.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Course-to-Activity Roster Management SD440

Allow an activity roster to be populated from a course roster. This will be helpful for our Summer Camps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avy terrain rating GH2743

Add an avy terrain category rating to each route/place based on the highest risk area. Eg our Nordic Touring books list avalanche danger as "none, low, moderate, etc" The idea is that any route/place that has an NWAC link also has an avy rating so students can make informed decisions. (came from both snowshoe and scramble summits)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Events in a Course's "Course Requirements" Tab GH2827

We often have graduation celebrations at the end of a course. These are just events to which the committee, leaders, instructors, students, graduates and former graduates are invited to attend. It would be great if they could be RSVP-style events that appear in the course's "Course Requirements" tab. That would save having to "double list" by listing an activity that is really not needed an would also need to be closed.

Implementation Note: Add a field to the Event add/edit form to choose one or more Course Templates to list the event on courses within that template and where the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base