General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Filters, Instrcutor Opt In/Out, and Badges to Committee Rosters

(1) Add filters to top of the page--admins, committee members, position, leaders, instructors, badges and lookup by name.

(2) Add an instructor opt in/out checkbox (see http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/34126369-volunteer-instructor-recruitment-request-opt-in).

(3) Add four badge columns to the download so you can see course badges, skill badges, leader badges and instructor badges. And maybe a fifth column that shows all other badges.

Notes/observations:

Within Committee rosters, currently you can "Sort" members by group, but not "Filter" them. The "Sort" tool is not very helpful, as many members have multiple roles (Leader, Instructor, Committee member, etc). When I click on "Groups" to sort my…

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  4 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Rich Text Editing When Sending Email from the Website SD345

When sending email from the website, allow the use of simple rich text formatting (bold, italic, hyperlinks, etc.) and adding attachments when sending email from a roster or the carpool features on our website.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bulk add participants to rosters

It would be great to be able to add multiple people to a roster at one time instead of having to do a multi-step process for each person. This would be especially helpful for committees and youth programs who have recurring events with the same people. It would allow committees to easily add and then bulk update volunteers hours tracking.

Please see the attached image for an example.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters to add co-leaders and exclude cancelled trips GH3277

Currently, the "Last Activity Led" column in committee rosters on the website only factors in activities where the contact is listed as the Primary Leader, and includes activities that were cancelled.

Please exclude cancelled activities from this calculation, and include activities where the contact is listed as a Primary Leader OR a Co-Leader.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Books & Maps: Add a Revision Date GH3284

For books and maps, add a Revision Date in addition to the Publication Date. This is helpful for book reprint dates where some corrections and revisions may be made. It is especially helpful for maps there generally do not have new editions that get a new ISBN and Publication Date, but are revised and updated every few years.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "Item Type" Select List to Universal Header Search GH3048

As a website visitor, show me a list of content types next to the search box in the universal header so that I may choose the type of content and my search terms in one go.

Notes:
    - If viewing the Program global header, default this to "All."
    - If viewing the Books global header, default this to "Book."

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  3 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pre-order/Backorder Quantity GH3044

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a a book, allow me to enter a quantity that is applied when I click the "pre-order" or "backorder" button, and allow me to change this on the payment page, so that I may pre- or backorder more than one copy of a book at a time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pre-order/Backorder User-applied Promo Codes GH3045

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a book, allow me to enter a promo code on the payment page, so that I can receive a discount if one is offered. And display the automatically applied promo code the member discount.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pre-populate times on cloned events with those from the event being cloned GH3276

When cloning an event, pre-populate the event times and setup times with the times from the event being cloned. But keep them editable. Normally, a monthly meeting is going to be at the same time. Pre-populating will reduce the chance of entry errors as well. I caught several of my own mistakes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the Volunteer Hours page visible to all leaders GH3166

Similar to how leaders can view any member's activity/course history. This would help leaders get a sense for a member's availability, see what they have or haven't tracked, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "Branch" column in addition to a "Branch" filter on the Committee Chair Directory GH3140

This would be helpful for searching and filtering in the directory, and it would help make clear which committees belong to which branch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make contributors other than "authors" be eligible for search GH3167

When we perform a search on mb.org using contributor names, currently only "by" works. We'd like to make it so that searches for all contributors (photos by, epilogue by, etc. etc.) also works in search.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple badges within a committee GH2933

As more committees move towards multiple leader badges, it would be helpful for committees to be able to easily assign more than one badge to their leaders (For example: Basic Snowshoe Leader and Intermediate Snowshoe Leader).

This would provide the ability for a committee to assign other specialty badges as well such as a "mentor" badge.

Committees should be able to assign these badges to a new leader or when editing an existing leader, and it would be very helpful if they could do all of it from within their committee roster.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding a Section/Tab to Books for Awards GH3073

An idea we had some time ago was creating an Awards tab, much like "Descriptions" "Reviews" "Video" -- but at the time we decided against it because we thought it would be best to highlight it in the Description field anyways.

But now that the feed to our 3rd parties are being more restrictive on the level of HTML we can have, the above argument against holds a lot less ground.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Author-Book Relationship in Acumen and Plone GH3050

In some cases, we have a contributor who has one role on one book and another role on another book (e.g. "by" and "Foreword by"). In these cases we end up with multiple contact records for the same contributor. In Plone, we have this covered with the "member," "book," and "book roster." In Acumen, we need to be sure that we have only one contributor record and use the "override role" field when their contribution is different from their primary role.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate Spelling/Typo Correction/Suggestion into Text Search GH2953

Add a feature or features that better handles misspellings and typos in text search strings. Two possibilities are: (1) a way to show potential spelling errors or typos like the red squiggly lines under such words, and/or (2) a feature like Google's "Showing results for {your corrected search string}. Search with {your original search string} instead."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate Fuzzy Logic to Text Search GH2837

As a site visitor give when I submit a search with text search terms, give me search results that are "fuzzy" so that I get a better and more comprehensive list of items that meet my search criteria.

By "fuzzy" we're thinking of things like singular vs. plural (e.g. leader vs. leaders) and first names (e.g. Ben vs. Benjamin).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Default "Summary" section for educational activities GH2923

Use the summary section that has been entered into the activity template for clinics, seminars, lectures, and field trips as the default once you have selected the appropriate template. Right now, summary sections are written up in the template, but they don't automatically populate in the activity listing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Instructors for seminar/clinics GH2883

I just noticed there's no option for an "instructor" role in the seminar/clinic template. Can we add this? Seminars/clinics are often course-like in that they have instructors.

thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include all fields in the CSV download after an activity closes GH2929

As an admin or a leader, I would like to see all fields in the CSV download so that I can better manage courses and activities. Also reorder the fields so that like information is grouped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base