General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Fuzzy Logic to Text Search GH2837

As a site visitor give when I submit a search with text search terms, give me search results that are "fuzzy" so that I get a better and more comprehensive list of items that meet my search criteria.

By "fuzzy" we're thinking of things like singular vs. plural (e.g. leader vs. leaders) and first names (e.g. Ben vs. Benjamin).

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default "Summary" section for educational activities GH2923

Use the summary section that has been entered into the activity template for clinics, seminars, lectures, and field trips as the default once you have selected the appropriate template. Right now, summary sections are written up in the template, but they don't automatically populate in the activity listing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updating the Book Details Page "Reviews" tab GH2889

Under a product page (let’s say: https://www.mountaineers.org/books/books/explore-europe-on-foot-your-complete-guide-to-planning-a-cultural-hiking-adventure) there’s the “Review” tab that we are currently pulling from Goodreads. We are wondering how difficult it would be to have it pull from Acumen instead, where we've been adding Reviews into Acumen: Prod Marketing -> Descriptive -> Review

Also, we want to keep the star rating from Goodreads. Can those two elements be independent of each other?

Thanks much!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a trip plan upload and PLB checkbox GH2824

Add the ability to upload a "trip plan" to an activity. In addition, we would like a checkbox that indicates if the trip party is planning to carry a PLB. The ability to upload a trip plan is priority #1, and the PLB checkbox is priority #2 (if it is not a lot of additional work).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flag and Ask about Employer match in shopping cart for membership and/or donation GH2677

Flag and ask about employer match in the shopping cart if it contains a membership or donation amount (mostly like we already do sans employer if a donation amount is specified) and sync that to Salesforce.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Promo Codes: Bulk Discount SD332

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a bulk discount when I purchase a bunch of the same items or types of items (e.g. books, merchandise).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Branch admins should be able to schedule an activity for any of their committee's leaders SD643

NOTES:

This is important for people who want to help with admin on the website but don't want to be on every single committee roster when they aren't actually doing much work regularly for that committee.

Needs to work for scheduling, trips, clinics & seminars, and course activities.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide Payment Pending from Add to Roster Dialog Box GH2755

Make it so Payment Pending is not a status available for leaders/admins to choose from the Add person to roster dialogue box. Offered is the status that should be used to hold a slot for someone in a course and allows them to process payment. Payment Pending is the quick status that someone goes into when they have 15 minutes to process course and acitivty and lodge registrations in their shopping carts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Events in a Course's "Course Requirements" Tab GH2827

We often have graduation celebrations at the end of a course. These are just events to which the committee, leaders, instructors, students, graduates and former graduates are invited to attend. It would be great if they could be RSVP-style events that appear in the course's "Course Requirements" tab. That would save having to "double list" by listing an activity that is really not needed an would also need to be closed.

Implementation Note: Add a field to the Event add/edit form to choose one or more Course Templates to list the event on courses within that template and where the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Event, Activity and Course feedback fields function the same way GH2762/3035

All of our courses, events and activities have feedback forms but if you have a specific form you'd like to send to your participants we can make a change on the backend in salesforce. Unfortunately when we do this the field shows up differently on Events, Activities and Courses. We'd like it to be the same and clarify whether no feedback is collected or whether its being collected via salesforce/other (usually a link to survey gizmo).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  3 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to add end date to monthly donations GH2761

Make it possible to set up monthly donation for a specific time period. Ideally be able to be put in an amount with an expiration date. We had a number of donors at the breakfast who were interested in giving say $250 but wanted it in $50 increments for 5 months.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Your waiver is about to expire" email ~SFOnly

Send an automatic email out to folks before their waiver expires.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter for Full Courses/Activities SD638/639

Use cases:
    * I am a participant and I want to only view courses and activities that have availability.
    * I am a leader and I want to only view courses and activities that have leader availability.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Sort Stick on Roster SD581

Make it so when you switch sort order to alpha or by role (like instructor or admin on a committee) it stays while you are editing.

It would also be good to have this on the calendar function as well to remember what date you were on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it possible for website to process multiple payments for trips like Global Adventures SD293

Make it possible for deposits to be taken and then remaining balance paid through the website.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Only insert new instructors to course roster GH3157

When an instructor signs up for a workshop or field trip then they are automatically added as an "Instructor" at the course level, I believe this is new functionality. However, if that person is already set as a course "Leader" then they are demoted to be a course "Instructor". It seems like the new automatic behavior should only happen if the person is not currently on the course roster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Volunteer Hours page visible to all leaders GH3166

Similar to how leaders can view any member's activity/course history. This would help leaders get a sense for a member's availability, see what they have or haven't tracked, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a "Branch" column in addition to a "Branch" filter on the Committee Chair Directory GH3140

This would be helpful for searching and filtering in the directory, and it would help make clear which committees belong to which branch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base