General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Co-leader and Mentored Leader Activity Roster Automation GH2494

For adding to only (not editing) an activity team roster record, if the role is "Mentored leader" or "Co-leader," automatically check the "Admins" and "Show as contact" boxes.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backordered and Pre-ordered Books & Merchandise: Email Notification SD306

As a site visitor. for books and merchandise items that are "out of stock," that is backordered or per-ordered, allow me to request an email notification when the item is back in stock so I can choose to purchase the item then if I still want it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Books Home Page: Social Media Feed SD633

As a site visitor show me a Mountaineers Books social media feed on the home page so that I may keep up with the latest news from Mountaineers Books.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import Events from Facebook (upgrade plone.app.events) SD628

As Mountaineers staff I need to import events from Facebook (that I exported to a .ics file) to an "events" folder on our website so that I do not have to double enter items.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promo Codes: Dollar Amount Discount for "Entire" Shopping Cart SD410

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code that gives me a dollar amount discount on everything in my shopping cart up to the total amount of items in my shopping cart that qualifies.

This could be quite useful for volunteer recognition.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Promo Code: Bulk Discount for Purchasing from a Series SD484

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a bulk discount when I purchase a bunch of items from the same series (e.g. books in the Day Hiking series or backpacking courses/clinics). So we define "series" as any group (or bundle) of items of any kind (books, courses, etc.) that have to be in the cart for the discount to be applied.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use different formatting for book title and subtitle in search GH2782

It is really messy looking at book titles that have subtitles because its all huge font. Also the stars look a little weird.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Activity Template's Activity Type a Multiselect GH2752

Right now we have a number of leadership clinics which we are having a hard time reporting on since they are categorized by activity type when really we want them tagged as both the activity like Sea Kayaking AND outdoor leadership

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it possible to add merchandise when renewing or buying a membership or gift membership GH2754

It'd be neat to be able to buy a mountaineers hat or pint glass when joining and/or buying a gift membership for someone.

You might also like section should show up on Join the Mountaineers page in addition to showing on the shopping cart.

Similar set up for gift memberships

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Requested Info field to Courses GH2756

Add an additional field on courses that prompts students to provide info when signing up for a course. For summer camps this can allow us to collect T-shirt size or could be used for questions about kayak rentals for kayak students etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need Secondary Emergency Contact when Spouse on a Trip GH2828

The Member Profile allows you to provide an emergency contact. This works well, but if it is a spouse or partner, and both of you go on the same trip (as happened on a recent backpack I led), that contact is not useful. Leaders end up needing to request a second contact. (My co-leader wanted this from me; the problem hadn't occurred to me.) For such situations, it would be helpful to have a second contact in the system.

My suggestion is to provide the option to enter a second emergency contact and phone number, and where it is provided…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow changing quantities for refunds GH1847

Right now its hard to do refund for purchases with quantity greater than 1. Now that we are selling merch we need to fix this functionality

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sell Tickets to Events on our Website SD669

We have EventBrite as a “workaround.” It does cost money (fees) and some extra staff time (which can be equated to money). Once implemented, we will have a more fully integtared shopping cart and bet better able to serve and engage with our members and guests.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow monthly payments for annual youth programs SD443/432

User Story: As a parent registering my child for a youth program, allow me to choose to pay the full amount, or automatically pay in equal monthly installments from this month through the last month of the program with a credit card so that staff need not keep credit card info on file (security risk) and process these cards manually every month.

Note: Though specifically requested for our youth programs, this payment system could be used for any program of sufficient length and cost.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Submitting feedback should be a two step process GH2757/2758

When submitting feedback for an event there should be a two-step process - after entering the information and clicking a button - but before submitting for good - a "view" page should show how the feedback will eventually appear, warn the user that once submitted the feedback can't be changed, and allow the user to go back and edit some more. This is pretty standard for feedback and survey forms.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make contributors other than "authors" be eligible for search GH3167

When we perform a search on mb.org using contributor names, currently only "by" works. We'd like to make it so that searches for all contributors (photos by, epilogue by, etc. etc.) also works in search.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically Add Instructors to Committee Roster GH2511

When an person registers for or is registered for an activity as an Instructor, in addition to adding them to the course's team roster (if part of a course), add them as an Instructor to the sponsoring Committee's team roster as an instructor or check their instructor box if they are already on the Committee's team roster and their Instructor box is not already checked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When Copying a Blog Post Do NOT Copy Comments GH2497

When copying a blog post do not copy any associated comments. Sometime we copy a blog post as the starting point for a new blog post. One example is our "10 Essential Questions" blog.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Course Application Process GH2951

Improve the online forms so that applications can be housed on our website (which is ideal), with a prefilled field linking to a particular course, that the form builder creates. When the form is submitted, the applicant is automatically added to the "applied" roster, and the same process continues from there. This has the advantage of reducing admin burden, but it will require our online forms to be much easier to build so that our leaders will make applications in plone. Probably a much bigger project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate Spelling/Typo Correction/Suggestion into Text Search GH2953

Add a feature or features that better handles misspellings and typos in text search strings. Two possibilities are: (1) a way to show potential spelling errors or typos like the red squiggly lines under such words, and/or (2) a feature like Google's "Showing results for {your corrected search string}. Search with {your original search string} instead."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base