General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Committee-aggregated Feedback Pages GH2954/2955

(1) Add a "More Info" or make it so that clicking on the "comment" in feedback takes the user to the "All" feedback page for the activity, course, event, or lodge stay from which that feedback originated.

(2) Add a "Download All | Download Selected" button to the bottom of the page that downloads a spreadsheet file with one sheet/tab for each feedback survey (e.g. Course Feedback, Field Trip, Lecture, Seminar, and Clinic Feedback, Trip Feedback, etc.). Each sheet will have meta data (e.g. title, dates) from the activity, course, event or lodge stay and then the feedback responses in…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the My Feedback (Leader-aggregated Feedback) Pages GH2596/2957/2958

(1) Add filters for (a) Committee, a select list of on which the leader serves), and (b) Activity Type, a list of our activity types.

(2) Add a "More Info" or make it so that clicking on the "comment" in feedback takes the user to the "All" feedback page for the activity, course, event, or lodge stay from which that feedback originated.

(3) Add a "Download All | Download Selected" button to the bottom of the page that downloads a spreadsheet file with one sheet/tab for each feedback survey (e.g. Course Feedback, Field Trip, Lecture, Seminar, and Clinic Feedback, Trip…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Activity-aggregated Feedback Pages GH2959

(1) Change "Feedback" at the top of the page to the title of the feedback survey.
    (2) Make the title of the course, activity, event or lodge stay a link to that item's details page.
    (3) Add the leader's name and activity date(s) below the title.
    (4) Add the title of the course template if the item is a course activity.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Only Count Trip, Clinic/Seminar Activities for Guest activity limit GH2769

We'd like new guest members to be able to sign up for courses that have two activities associated with them and be able to join for two regular hikes and right now the course related activities count towards your "guest count"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Show Status on Activity should override awarding badges GH2796

No Show status on a roster should not result in badges being awarded

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Lodge Stay Cancellation Process - Part 2 GH2759

As a volunteer admin on an outdoor center committee, allow me to cancel one or more lodge stays for our lodge, so that members and guests will know that it has been canceled (on the website), that those who registered will be notified of the cancellation, and so that staff can issue refunds to those who registered and paid.

The automation for this involve adding a button or link to lodges stays (or lodge stay rosters) so that when canceled (and confirmed with a popup yes/no-style check) that the state of the lodge stay(s) is/are set to "canceled" and all…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add "Maximum Route/Place Capacity" field for route/places GH2937

Add a field for routes/places that shows the maximum total capacity (over all bookings) for each route/place.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple badges within a committee GH2933

As more committees move towards multiple leader badges, it would be helpful for committees to be able to easily assign more than one badge to their leaders (For example: Basic Snowshoe Leader and Intermediate Snowshoe Leader).

This would provide the ability for a committee to assign other specialty badges as well such as a "mentor" badge.

Committees should be able to assign these badges to a new leader or when editing an existing leader, and it would be very helpful if they could do all of it from within their committee roster.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Feedback Links to Committee Roster GH2939

On the committee roster add a column without a header and with links called "Feedback" that are visible to admins only for each leader (so there will be two links--Edit and Feedback). Clicking on the "Feedback" link opens the leader's My Feedback page details in a dialog box (aka pop-up). This should help committee administrators to more quickly review their committee's feedback leader-by-leader.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Branch Council Roster Positions GH2746

Please create positions specific to branch rosters:
    Branch Chair
    Branch Vice-chair
    Branch Co-chair
    Branch Secretary
    Branch Treasurer
    Branch Officer

Note: "Member" is for branches whose committee chairs regularly attend branch council meetings but don't have a branch officer role (so its important we keep this) Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "don't show on my profile" checkbox for donor related badges GH2748

Some members would appreciate having their peak society status hidden. Add a don't show on my profile check box to the badge roster entries.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Leaders to Choose Activity Template or Route/Place Image for Activities SD641

When scheduling an activity, allow the leader to choose to use one of the the route/place images, the activity template image, or an image from their local computer.

Notes:

- Currently when scheduling a trip (standalone) activity, the one form the route/place is the default and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer. For course activities, the default image is from the activity template, and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer.

- Many of our Routes & Places have an "Images" folder where we store images submitted by our…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recommended Reading for Events SD583

Show a list of the “recommended reading” when RSVPing for an event so that members and guests may more easily purchase books for events like BeWild and new book releases.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add "Calendar View" to the activity search SD501

Add "Calendar View" to the activity search so that people looking for a certain type of activity but have time limitations can quickly see what activities would be valid.

EX: I am busy every other weekend and would like to look for evening scrambles, currently I have to go through all of the listed scrambles. Where if there was a Calendar view to the search results I would be able to see the available scrambles quickly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Creating book/product bundles GH2996

I'd like to return the ability to create bundles in Plone, e.g. Day Hiking bundle.

Right now, the problem with the old way of doing bundles are a) Acumen -> Plone inventory would always show 0, a1) "faking" inventory has no way to stop if 1 or more book in bundle runs out, and b) a pain to create royalties/requires too many staff to set up a single product

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Consolidate Responses on Website Feedback Forms SD672

We updated the responses to some of the "questions" on our feedback survey forms. The aggregated data shows both the old and the new/edited response. To make the data clearer, we should consolidate the old and new response so that are counted as being the same.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limiting amount of text for "Featured Authors" on the homepage GH2795

On the books homepage (https://www.mountaineers.org/books), some authors will have a lot more text show up on the "Feature Authors" portlet. Can we limit that to only display a maximum of 10 lines (or whatever looks the nicest), perhaps with a "Read More" link to expand the text if needed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base