Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

92 results found

1. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Weekend Activities Filter SD502/503

Add a filter to the activities search so you can find weekend events only.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Organizations, Online Invoicing & Contracts SD562++

Set up organization in our website so that we can sync them to the existing organizations in SF. This will allow us to connect contacts, activities & courses (Mountain Workshops), events (Program Center Clients) and lodge stays (Outdoor Center Groups & Clients) to them for better tracking. We'll be able to add invoices that the organization contact can pay online, taking advantage of our existing online payment process and Salesforce reporting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Develop Support for Non-English Script

Currently our website rosters and the mailings we send do not support non-English scripts. Our members would like for their names, written in their native languages, to display correctly.

More information from Super Volunteer Ananth Maniam:

When participants Sign up for my trip and on mailers sent to my home and when leaders email back to me. My contact name comes like below
    Ananth Maniam (??????? ??????)

This is because the (?????? ?????) are supposed to be my native script
    Ananth Maniam (ஆனந்த் மணியம்)

This feature sometime works when I print roster - It works, it doesn't work when participants…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would very much like to implement this, and right now technical constraints make it nearly impossible. Most platforms require its owners to choose a single language (keyboard layout), for which we were required to choose English for our website (which operates on a Plone Platform). Right now, in some places, non-English text is supported, but it varies and we do not have control. The biggest issue is when we export things to our Salesforce CRM, which translates everything as plain text and thus only accepts English characters. Until our platforms are updated more broadly to accept more than one keyboard, we’re stuck with using the U.S. English language/layout. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the Bio field in your profile to celebrate your culture, heritage, or history.

5. Add Ability to Exclude Instructors from Getting Registration Conflict Check for a Course Activity SD667

Make it so instructors can be excluded from conflict checking but not participants. For example for pool play sessions for sea kayaking course we need instructors for afternoon and morning sessions but students we only want to be able to sign up for one session.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Chaperone Registration for Youth Activities GH2876

For youth activates that are not part of a youth program, enable the ability for leaders to set a chaperone capacity and for chaperones to register.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Youth  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add filters to the My Activities page GH2799

Filters to add include Activity Type, Trip Result, Participant Role, and Participant Result. This is useful for leaders to review participant activity info for leader's permission requests. It is also useful for helping keep committee rosters up-to-date.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a donation thermometer to our donation pages to track progress SD514

Make it so our individual youth, conservation and peer to peer campaigns have front pages with a thermometer widgit that shows the campaigns progress.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Additional Positions for Committee Rosters

For Committee rosters people can be associated with one of a hard-coded list of positions and can be advertised as a public committee contact in that position. The way Mountaineers Committees are typically administered has changed over the last few years. We are proposing that the list of positions be extended to better support current common practices.

We propose adding the following positions:

Safety
    Vice Chair
    Chair Elect
    Chair Emeritus

"Safety" is meant to indicate the Safety Officer. Most Committees are now basing their Committee Charter on the Clubwide charter template, which specifies that the committee have a Safety Officer.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Re-sync Failed Plone-Acumen Transactions GH2921

Add a "Re-sync to Acumen button to receipt pages to enable Mountaineers staff to re-sync a transaction to Acumen. With power outages, Acumen posting, and server maintenance, this will make it easier to get any missed orders to Acumen without having to enter them manually.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Activity Feedback Chart Color Scheme

Feedback Color Coding. The colors used for a Great Trip (RED) to Terrible Trip (Green) seem backwards to me, and should be in reverse order to the way they are now. Red usually means there's something wrong and green usually means everything's great Go.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show waitlist participants to other registered participants

I would like to see who is on waitlist for an activity I am registered for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional Roles for Course Rosters

For Course rosters people can be associated with one of a hard-coded list of roles and can be advertised as a public contact for the course in that role. We are proposing that the list of roles be extended to better support current common practices. Specifically, we propose adding the following roles:

Co-leader
    Assistant Leader
    Content Manager

The Co-leader and Assistant Leader roles are self explanatory. Larger courses may want to show multiple leaders as public contacts but still be able to identify a single person as the primary leader.

The Content Manager is the person who manages registration and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Favorites: Flag interest on an activity

I would like to see a feature in the website to let me flag to myself that I am interested in signing up for an activity, that I can return to with a filter and decide whether to sign up or let it slip. Personally, I would not care if my interest flags were visible to others.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show member/nonmember status on rosters

For courses/events that generate income, it would be helpful to the committee leadership if we could tell if a registered person is a member or nonmember when we look at the detailed roster. The reason...fee structure is different and we can more easily figure out how much income was generated without having to have staff pull the info for us (when they are already very busy).

It would also be helpful for activity leaders to know who the guests are (so we can talk more about the Mountaineers/other committees and entice them to join).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show past activities on a route

When looking at a route, you can see future activities as well as trip reports. I'd like to see a list of past activities, along with their completion status and leader name (whether they posted a trip report or not).
    This would make it easier to contact past trip leaders to ask them about conditions, etc. as well as to get a sense of when people typically use the route.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When Copying a Blog Post Do NOT Copy Comments GH2497

When copying a blog post do not copy any associated comments. Sometime we copy a blog post as the starting point for a new blog post. One example is our "10 Essential Questions" blog.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Creating book/product bundles GH2996

I'd like to return the ability to create bundles in Plone, e.g. Day Hiking bundle.

Right now, the problem with the old way of doing bundles are a) Acumen -> Plone inventory would always show 0, a1) "faking" inventory has no way to stop if 1 or more book in bundle runs out, and b) a pain to create royalties/requires too many staff to set up a single product

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Limiting amount of text for "Featured Authors" on the homepage GH2795

On the books homepage (https://www.mountaineers.org/books), some authors will have a lot more text show up on the "Feature Authors" portlet. Can we limit that to only display a maximum of 10 lines (or whatever looks the nicest), perhaps with a "Read More" link to expand the text if needed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?