General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign the Stewardship Credit Badge Based on Stewardship Activity Volunteer Hours

Once participants can more easily be assigned volunteer hours for participating in a stewardship activity (see Allow Participants to be Bulk Assigned Volunteer Hours, http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/41829865-allow-participants-to-be-bulk-assigned-volunteer-h), assign (or remove) the Stewardship Credit badge based on having 8 or more stewardship volunteer hours in the last 365 days (removing this badge if a person has it and their stewardship volunteer hours are less than 8 in the last 365 days).

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expired Youth Forms Notification

Youth forms expire every year. It would be super beneficial if there could be an email notification to families when the form(s) expire. Currently I have to go into every child's profile, check to see if their forms are current or expired, and then email each family that has a child with expired forms. This takes up a significant amount of time that I could be using to improve the curriculum and trips for our youth. Expired forms make it so the families can't sign up for trips; through observation, the families already have a hard enough time figuring out…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Youth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Pronoun Field to Rosters - Part 2 GH2887

We not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

Part 1 - Add pronoun field to profile edit form and profile display.

Part 2 - Add pronoun field to roster displays and downloads.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Activity Feedback Chart Color Scheme

Feedback Color Coding. The colors used for a Great Trip (RED) to Terrible Trip (Green) seem backwards to me, and should be in reverse order to the way they are now. Red usually means there's something wrong and green usually means everything's great Go.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Feedback Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Date/Time Calendar widget a consistent format

Across the site I have discovered that the date/time calendar widget is not in the same format (some have Saturday/Sunday at the beginning/end of the week; others have Sat/Sun at the end of the week). In general this is fine, but when you're adding LOTS of activities for entire program year it's significantly more time consuming because you have to pay closer attention to which day you are clicking. And, there's a higher likelihood of choosing the wrong date because visually it is in a different location on each calendar widget. It would be preferred if all calendar widgets had…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Merchandise Style, Color, and Size to Purchase Receipt

Add the style, color, and size of a merchandise item on the purchase receipt so that the customer may verify they purchase the correct item, especially when they purchase more than one of a set of similar items.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lead Activity Again via "Single Activity Cloning" GH3234

To make it easier for leaders to schedule an activity that they've already led, add what is sort of a copy-and-paste/single clone feature and display on the Lead Activity Again button in the "Manage Activity" portlet.

This new "single clone" feature would:
    - Create a copy of the activity
    - Place it in the same folder as the activity being copied
    - Increment it's URL as if it were made by staring with the route/place
    - Run all of error and conflict checks
    - Display the newly added/copied activity's edit form with any errors

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Blog Authors

Allowing for multiple blog authors would be a great way to recognize all volunteers who contribute to a piece.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Develop Support for Non-English Script

Currently our website rosters and the mailings we send do not support non-English scripts. Our members would like for their names, written in their native languages, to display correctly.

More information from Super Volunteer Ananth Maniam:

When participants Sign up for my trip and on mailers sent to my home and when leaders email back to me. My contact name comes like below
    Ananth Maniam (??????? ??????)

This is because the (?????? ?????) are supposed to be my native script
    Ananth Maniam (ஆனந்த் மணியம்)

This feature sometime works when I print roster - It works, it doesn't work when participants…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would very much like to implement this, and right now technical constraints make it nearly impossible. Most platforms require its owners to choose a single language (keyboard layout), for which we were required to choose English for our website (which operates on a Plone Platform). Right now, in some places, non-English text is supported, but it varies and we do not have control. The biggest issue is when we export things to our Salesforce CRM, which translates everything as plain text and thus only accepts English characters. Until our platforms are updated more broadly to accept more than one keyboard, we’re stuck with using the U.S. English language/layout. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the Bio field in your profile to celebrate your culture, heritage, or history.

10. Give site admins permission to 'remove' people from rosters. GH3329

In order to prevent folks who have been canceled from moving back to the top of the wait list as a result of their original registration time (this happens in CHS often), allow staff to 'remove' the person from the roster. This will mean they receive a new registration time every time they move from 'canceled' to 'wait listed'.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow "Requested Info" field to be either required or optional during participant registration

Add the option to either the "Requested Info" is required or optional when a participant register an activity, clinic or seminar. Currently this field is optional and participant can still register if this field is not filled up.
    This option should be applied where ever the "Requested Info" is available when the item is created or edited.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync Alerts & Notifications Preferences to Salesforce GH3230

Sync Alerts & Notifications preferences to Salesforce so that we have added information on engagement and website feature use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Favorites: Flag interest on an activity

I would like to see a feature in the website to let me flag to myself that I am interested in signing up for an activity, that I can return to with a filter and decide whether to sign up or let it slip. Personally, I would not care if my interest flags were visible to others.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show member/nonmember status on rosters

For courses/events that generate income, it would be helpful to the committee leadership if we could tell if a registered person is a member or nonmember when we look at the detailed roster. The reason...fee structure is different and we can more easily figure out how much income was generated without having to have staff pull the info for us (when they are already very busy).

It would also be helpful for activity leaders to know who the guests are (so we can talk more about the Mountaineers/other committees and entice them to join).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show past activities on a route

When looking at a route, you can see future activities as well as trip reports. I'd like to see a list of past activities, along with their completion status and leader name (whether they posted a trip report or not).
    This would make it easier to contact past trip leaders to ask them about conditions, etc. as well as to get a sense of when people typically use the route.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve My Profile Preferences View GH3064

Improve how a member’s preferences are displayed on the bottom of their My Profile page and to minimize confusion on where and how to change (edit) them.

Notes:
    - Don't show checkboxes or data entry boxes with their “values,” because it makes them look editable.
    - Remove help text, so that essentially only the field labels and their values are displayed and so that the view is more compact.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Course Activity Data Export Improvement GH3028

Investigate alternatives for the Course Activities Export. It takes several minutes to get the datatables view, because there are often several thousand records associated with the request. There may be more, but few options are:

• Check how much overhead there is in Diazo processing of the markup? Avoiding that may be one reason that converting the main course roster view to be React-based helped so much. If that's correct you could possibly load this part of the page in an iframe that bypasses Diazo.

• A bit off the wall... After clicking the "download" button, display a message (in a popup?)…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When Copying a Blog Post Do NOT Copy Comments GH2497

When copying a blog post do not copy any associated comments. Sometime we copy a blog post as the starting point for a new blog post. One example is our "10 Essential Questions" blog.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Re-sync Failed Plone-Acumen Transactions GH2921

Add a "Re-sync to Acumen button to receipt pages to enable Mountaineers staff to re-sync a transaction to Acumen. With power outages, Acumen posting, and server maintenance, this will make it easier to get any missed orders to Acumen without having to enter them manually.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Creating book/product bundles GH2996

I'd like to return the ability to create bundles in Plone, e.g. Day Hiking bundle.

Right now, the problem with the old way of doing bundles are a) Acumen -> Plone inventory would always show 0, a1) "faking" inventory has no way to stop if 1 or more book in bundle runs out, and b) a pain to create royalties/requires too many staff to set up a single product

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base