General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

Share your idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The idea of creating a member forum was identified as part of our Vision 2022 strategic planning process, and did not rise above the line for investment in this strategic plan (as voted on in our town hall conversations and online ranking survey). We would love to create better social functionality within our website. Having folks use unmoderated Facebook, etc. pages does create fracturing within the community and does not always best represent The Mountaineers. Creating an online place for people to build community and connect with one another remains on our list of long-term plans. Building the platform for this type of social interaction is quite expensive (we’ve looked into it) and would require at least one additional staff person to moderate and manage. When we have enough resources available, we will make this a priority. Likely in the coming 3-5 years.

2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Promo Codes: Discounts that trigger when someone fulfills a requirement SD521

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a discount that applies when I hit certain prerequisites. For example, spend $100 get a 20% discount, or buy 6 books get free shipping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Promo Codes: Offer Discount for Books Added via a Registration Process SD425

As a person registering for a course, course activity, trip activity or an event, give me a discount on any of the books that I added to my shopping cart from the book page shown at the end of the registration process. When I'm viewing the recommended books page, during checkout it will show me the amount of discount I'll receive.

If I have a member promo code in the same cart, whichever promo code is greater will apply (the better deal). This book promo code will apply even if I register for the course at a different time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promo Codes: Buy One Get One Free SD334

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code to purchase one item and receive another of equal or lesser value for free.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Note major jewish, christian and muslim holidays on online calendar to promote inclusivity and avoid double booking

It'd be great if the online reservation calendar noted major holidays like rosh hashanah, yom kippur, Eid Al-Fitr, easter etc so that volunteers are less likely to schedule activities on courses on those evenings. This would go a long way towards building an inclusive culture at The Mountaineers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search and filter hikes by vertical gain, mileage, and distance using range sliders

Search and filter hikes by vertical gain, mileage, and distance using range sliders, similar to WTA's interface.

...and allow for further filtering of results by geo using map zoom functionality, similar to that of Zillow NOTE: We already have map view, see the comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An optional listing of activities by sign-up closing date would be useful.

Greetings, I am looking at the webpage listing of backpacking trips
    https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/activities#c4=Backpacking&_authenticator=85ed85bf9f9b5b690f54ae2e41091ad49b0b5563
    and there are trips that commence several weeks from now that have sign-ups closing this week. I suspect that these trips will be undersubscribed because people don't scroll down far enough. If the trips could optionally be listed by sign-up closure, that would help these trips to get more attention. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  5 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate Salesforce with Acumatica

The current process involves manual assignment of revenue codes for memberships, courses, etc., a time-consuming task that is subject to inconsistent interpretation and error. Integration would automate this process, reducing time spent entering data and improve the accuracy of our data. We'd also like to sync (or be able use an export-import process) to transfer data from SF to Acumatica.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update Billing Info for Automatic Renewal GH1977

The billing info associated with autorenewal payments is not getting updated in tandem with the user’s profile. Let's tweak the process to update the autorenewal billing info whenever the profile is updated, or at least give users the option to also update their billing info when they update their payment card info.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Warning message to leader if other trips scheduled in that area SD476

For routes that can have multiple trips listed... Can I suggest a website change for those locations that allow multiple registrations, to possibly have some sort of a pop-up come up informing the leader something to the effect of

"Yeah you are the only one currently registered for this location on your activity date" or

"hmm -- you are now the Xth user registering for this location on on your activity date; please use your judgement about whether this would work"

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sell Gift Certificates SD308

Set up a system where people can purchase and give electronic gift certificates that are good for books, merchandise, course and activities. Gift certificates issues in whole dollar amounts. Offer a few suggestions like ($25, $50, $100). Have the giver specify and email address of the recipient. Allow the recipient to add the gift certificate to their account (require them to create an account if needed).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Participant Note Types

Participant Note Types:

Enhance participant notes capability so that users with the ability to add participant notes may select from a range of pre-determined “note types” (still to be determined, but could include “positive comment, future leader potential, conditioning issue, behavior issue, other comment”) when entering participant notes in addition to entering free text notes. Note types as well as free text become a part of a member’s profile.

Filtering Note Types:

Users with the ability to research participant notes are able to filter participant notes by the pre-determined note types. This allows activity leaders and committee leaders to quickly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Selecting from the Dropdown

When you select from the search/suggestions box ("You May Also Like" section, for instance), it jumps around and makes it hard to select with precision.

For example, as admin when I try to create a discount code and I need to add multiple items with the keyword "mountain", it is next to impossible to scroll and pick a tile that is in-between transitions.

Another example is "Recommended Reading" on many of our content types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Membership Status to Team Rosters

Can we add a membership status column to Team Rosters for Events and Activities (probably don't need for courses)? This will help our volunteers track, especially with events, who is a member and who is not.

Example roster: https://www.mountaineers.org/locations-lodges/seattle-program-center/events/meet-the-mountaineers-and-gear-grab-feb-12/team-roster?_authenticator=e6c1a9d70b7fb2e6da37d7513457787371ab268a

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar view on mobile site

On the mobile site, can the event calendar default to a calendar view rather than list view?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve reviewed this an a calendar view would not be able to display enough info to be useful on a mobile device. We might be able to show a calendar view where a person can “click” on a date to show the items for that date. We’re not sure how helpful this would be, though.

17. Create "Trip Reporter" Badge

What if we created a “Trip Reporter” badge (or some such name) to award to folks who leave 5+ trip reports a year? This would encourage more people to leave trip reports, and help with our goals to gamify membership engagement.

Here's a good trip reporter example: https://www.mountaineers.org/members/dave-morgan/trip-reports

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Additional Price/Age Options for Lodge Stays SD666

Add additional age groups for different lodge pricing. Some lodges allow younger members others don't and Meany previously had toddler pricing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make better season pass functionality for lodges

Allow me to enter a season pass code for each person I am registering and pay for those who don't have season passes in the same transaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add activity templates to accomodate seasonal variations for climbing

When we transition to skill badges as pre-requisites for trips I'd like to be able to modify the default pre-req badges on the activity I list depending on the season. For example if I lead a trip to the tooth in June I want it to have all of the regular basic alpine skills like snow travel, belay etc but in August I want to be able to remove the snow travel skill pre-requisite or have a template that brings up a different set of requirements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base