General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publicly accessible API

As a member of the Mountaineers, I'd love to give back in a way that I have particular expertise.

It would be great of the website had a public facing REST API for exposing data such as events and classes.

At least in a read capacity. My particular goal would be to write an Android (and possibly iOS) app to browse the events and what not.

It would be great to have easy native access to my up coming events, and be able to launch navigation to the event right from the app.

I have extensive experience writing and working…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Members on Waitlist to sign up for Additional Outings.

The system currently does not allow members to sign up for more than one outing. If you are on a waitlist, particularly if you are third or more on that list, I think the system should allow you to also sign up for another trip as backup. It seems unfair to force members to give up a potential spot on their preferred trip only to confirm on less preferred trip simply because of the system. Thank you.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access to Badge Rosters SDtbd

Provide access to badge rosters with means for admins to maintain them and correct inaccuracies. I know of no defensible reason to hide this information, especially from committees that need it to do their jobs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Badge Rosters are a compilation of other rosters managed through different avenues. Meaning course admins can grant badges through their course rosters by graduating students. Right now the badge rosters are very long and not easy to manage – even for staff. We are not trying to hide information at all and simply are working to develop a system that is more manageable for everyone.

Please respond with a few examples of what accessing badge rosters would enable you to do not which you cannot currently do. Thanks!

4. Beef up our route-place database to include all of the routes-places in the '100-best' books

The system has such capacity for displaying our routes and places in an attractive and appealing way, with enough detail to know where the trailhead is and whether or not it covers the route or place that one wants to take. It seems a huge missed opportunity to let routes-places be submitted without even the most basic of descriptions other than the pure length and elevation gain, which doesn't tell us much. Yet I know that Member Services is deluged with route place requests that are so urgent that you hesitate to push back. I wonder if we might be…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We considered a site-wide volunteer initiative to continue improve our Routes & Places and then add to them, but have no one has expressed interest in helping yet. Please contact us at info@mountaineers.org if you would like to help.

Remember that you can always add a new route/place and send us updates and corrections to those that exist (using the link on each route/place).

5. Member Roles for Committee Pages

When editing the committee roster, it would be nice if we could select/enter roles of different members so that when we check the box to display that member on the committee page, others can see those roles.

For example, if my name shows up on the Photography Committee page, it just says "leader". It would be nice if it could say "activity coordinator and publicity" under my name. That way, visitors to the page would know to contact me for questions about those things. Limiting titles to Chair, Treasurer, Leader, etc. doesn't really tell people how we're involved.

There's currently…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently we are only adding roles that multiple committees are interested in using. It looks like we have interest from the photography committee for Activity Coordinator and Publicity but until we hear that this is a role that is useful for other committees and branches we can’t create a unique role.

The notes field is definitely intended for internal use only and many committees have more than just committee roles or delegated tasks in those notes so it’d be pretty messy to make those public.

Please comment on this feedback item if this role type is useful for your committee and if we are seeing agreement across the organization we can add it in!

In the meantime you can always add some information about key committee members on the committee page by editing your page.

6. Allow Co-leaders and Mentored Leaders to be Notified of Participant Registration Changes

We like giving the Primary Leader the option of being alerted when there is sign up activity on their hike. It would be great to offer this to Co-leaders and Mentored Leaders too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is bit more complicated that it seems it should be, but we’re looking into what it will take to get it done.

If we do this, you’ll only be able to have one co-leader and/or one mentored leader. Do you think that will be okay?

Additionally and perhaps more importantly if you make someone who is a co-leader or mentored leader have Admin status on the roster they will be able to view Feedback for that activity. Very useful for co-leaders and mentor leaders

7. Develop functionality for Activity Programs and Outings/Combos SD154/GH1639

This is functionality much like that for courses for activity programs like Explorers and Venturing Crew, activity outings like Yosemite Climbing and "combo" activities like Hike & Stewardship and Cathedral Rock & Mount Daniel

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added an “exclude participants from date conflict check” checkbox to activities to hold us until we can get to Activity Program and Outings. This is a staff only option, because for most activities we need a conflict check so that members and guests do NOT overbook themselves.

If you need this, please send an email with a lino to the activity for which you need ti to info@mountaineers.org.

8. Ability to see 'what trips i have done with this person'

It would be great if I could look up a person, and see the trips i've done with them in the past, along with their badges. So many times, we end up playing the 'i've been out with you somewhere. were you on my Norse Peak trip? no? may be on Snoqualmie last year then?' :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show waitlist participants to other registered participants

I would like to see who is on waitlist for an activity I am registered for.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No leader permission requests without valid waiver.

If a participant making a request to sign up for a trip does not have a valid waiver, the system should inform the requester directly to resolve the matter before sending the request to the trip leader. As it is now, the system relays the request to the trip leader without regard to waiver status, resulting in a waste of time and effort when a requester's waiver is not valid.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve file upload and download: bulk/mutiple files and drag-and-drop

Allow multiple files to be "bulk" upload and download from a folder. Allow drag-and-drop to upload one or more files to a folder.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add tracking mechanism to members page for mileage and altitude gained on club trips for yearly totals-ie:100,000ft gained, etc.

This would enhance club trip participation- esp among members that join groups like Meet Up and others. Would drive demand for more trips- esp hikes, hopefully driving more Leader participation as a result. It'd also be fun- great for bragging rights.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Chris Williams is developing a wish list of items we’d like to track. The development for this type of functionality will likely take a while (lots of moving parts need to talk to each other) but it is in our long term plans. We will provide an update once we have a more solid timeline.

13. Ability to hide climbs for specific SIG's or Branches.

Let climb leads be able to hide climbs from the public until they are done getting members from their SIG or branch.

As a basic student its time consuming to see climbs just to sign up or email the climb leader and find out its only for a specific group of people and that I can't be on the climb.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. include full names in email address lists

When I get the list of email addresses for my activity, I would prefer to have the list include everyone's full name. For example, instead of
    person@gmail.com, person2@hotmail.com
    I would prefer to see
    "first last" <person@gmail.com>, "first2 last2" <person2@hotmail.com>
    Then I would have human-friendly names in my emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The current standard for most email clients is putting commas inbetween emails which is why we have our “copy and paste emails” function set up this way. Microsoft Outlook defaults to semi-colons but if you go to Options-Mail in Microsoft outlook you can have it set up to also accept commas. So there is a workaround if you are using outlook.

15. Add the Ability to Filter Activity Listing by Sponsoring Committee

Currently the activity listing can only be filtered by activity type and branch, but not by the sponsoring committee. In most cases this isn't a problem because the committee is the same as the activity type, but there are a few "community" committees, Retired Rovers, 20-30s Somethings, Singles. With the current system trips sponsored by these committees are basically impossible to find. The audience filters would work great for this, except that any trip can pick any of them, so most trips pick more than one.

Can we either have:
    1) A way to filter the activity results by the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bookmarking a place in the activities list SD387

When I’m scrolling through the Activities and something catches my eye, I’ll open it to check out the details. After reading it and deciding to continue, I click the browser back button or the back to activities arrow. Either way it takes me back to the TOP of the activities page even if I had been at the bottom. I have to scroll back down to where I was – if I remember where that was – to continue where I left off. There should be a way to return to where you left off without all the backtracking. Is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add "Slider Images" to Branch Home Pages SD385

Allow branch admins to add images to their branch 's page that will be "slider images" similar to the main mountaineers.org home page. They will be images only (no special text, boxes or links).

Some thought this was part of the branch home page design, but that was not perfectly clear in specification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed: Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a RENEW option to Join page

A member recently suggested this to me and I completely love the idea. They thought that when you click “Join The Mountaineers”, one of the options should be “Renew”. Currently, there’s nothing on the page that indicates to people that if they are already a member they need to log in and go to their profile to renew. The Join page has a blank square that is practically begging for us to add a “renew” option, as demonstrated in the attached pic.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base