General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Message Board/Forum Capability

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

Originally titled: Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Other uses…

23 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Review  ·  16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature Request - Expiring Badge Notification ~SFOnly

As a user I would like to be notified prior to my badge expiring so that I can arrange to meet requirements or arrange for an extension given that I have a badge that has an expiration date. The problem to avoid is people losing their privileges without notice and being unpleasantly surprised.

Then, when the expiration date is within 90 and 30 days from expiring:

• A notification of what badge is about to expire and when will be sent to me (User) 90 days and 30 days prior to the expiration date.

• A notification will be sent to the…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Organizations, Online Invoicing & Contracts SD562++

Set up organization in our website so that we can sync them to the existing organizations in SF. This will allow us to connect contacts, activities & courses (Mountain Workshops), events (Program Center Clients) and lodge stays (Outdoor Center Groups & Clients) to them for better tracking. We'll be able to add invoices that the organization contact can pay online, taking advantage of our existing online payment process and Salesforce reporting.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pre-order/Backorder vs. Shopping Cart Clarification GH3072

As a user, when pre/backordering something show me a notification that this process is separate from my other items (if I have other available items in my cart).

I'd like to see some sort of alert during/before reaching "/delayed-shipping" page that back/pre orders are not processed at the same time as the rest of the items in my cart. Reason being I'd like to avoid confusion during/after user has input all their information.

Ideally, is it possible to...
    1) Check if the cart is currently empty (if so, proceed as usual)
    2) If cart /= empty, perhaps an in-frame pop-up?…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filters at top of site search results do not work as expected

Enter text in site search bar in the header and hit enter. Results are shown with four buttons at top (Find Books, Find Events, Find Courses, Find Activities). Hit "Find Books" and the results are refreshed and show me things not related to what I searched for (not sticky to the search term I entered). Expected result is the search term result list is filtered to just books. See screenshots.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. First Nation Land Acknowledgement

I recommend placing a First Nation land acknowledgement statement on the bottom of The Mountaineers webpages. As an organization, we should recognize the ancestors and current stewards of the lands we live, work, and recreate on. A great example of this is already on the Braided River website/webpages. https://www.braidedriver.org/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Address Management GH2975/3062/3146

(1) When a user buys books or merchandise and checks out as a guest, use the shipping address they entered as the billing address on the page where we collect their credit card information. Or maybe it's better if we add a "Billing address is same as shipping address" checkbox above the billing address fields. This seems like the better, more common user experience.

(2) Add shipping address fields to the contact profile and rename "address" fields to billing address. Use the shipping and billing addresses as defaults for purchase for logged in users. Sync the shipping address to Salesforce.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit? GH3075

When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tweak to Volunteer RSVP button

Having a button for volunteers to RSVP is great, however it's quite confusing for those wishing to attend the event even if there is a link or button in the text for them to go to EventBrite.

My suggestion...when we're setting up an event RSVP and choosing Volunteer instead of participant, it would be more helpful if the button it creates in the right sidebar says RSVP as Volunteer instead of just RSVP. The text above the button should also reflect that it's to volunteer. See my examples.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add MountainQueers to Search

Add MountainQueers as affinity group to green search bar, similar to how we have "Singles", "Families", etc. If possible make this an easier area to update for the future as we look to expand our affinity groups.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a link to native-land.ca in each routes & places description

I'd love to have a sentence or two in each routes & places description that says something like "This place is the traditional land of Native peoples. Find out more about the Native tribes that have stewarded this land since time immemorial at native-land.ca."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Committee volunteer hours page

Thanks for the volunteer hours tracking! Any chance we can get a "committee volunteer hours" by committee? that would help committee chairs track and verify their hours. similar to committee feedback. Thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a badge for New Leader Mentors

Would help prospective leaders and activity committee members identify willing mentors without spamming the entire leader roster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight # of activities led / courses instructed in volunteer leader/instructor profiles

"Game-ify" volunteer leader & instructor trips led & courses taught to encourage them to list more trips and volunteer more often as instructors.

Update volunteer profiles so that a “star appears” around their profile picture for each trip they lead or for each time they participate as an instructor / leader in a field trip. When X number of stars have appeared then volunteers receive some sort of recognition, to be determined, . . . for example, . . .

a. X stars – a Mountaineers Books coupon or a Starbucks card accompanied by a form thank you note (and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make ALL Text in theLeft Navigation Column White GH1691

The red (private), yellow (pending) and purple (shard with committee) are difficult to read on a light blue background and are distracting. Make all the text in the left navigation column white, no matter its state.

Not: We'll keep the colors in the folder contents view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Registration Portlet Checkbox Update for Adult Courses GH2751

For an adult registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program), display this text The leader of this course has explicitly given me permission to register and I understand I may be permanently deleted from the roster if I sign up without that permission. I further verify that I have the skill requirements necessary to safely participate. {Request Leader's Permission} if no application form URL is specified and the person registering is not a youth.

For a youth registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program"), display a checkbox with this text …

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Roster Functionality: Badge Rosters SD584

Make sure there is pagination and the ability to search on large badge rosters. We'd also like the ability to download rosters. Need to be able to bulk update expiration date. Also need to fix the roster download function.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Rosters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base