General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Pronoun field to rosters and profiles

we not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Entering, Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Hours SD394++

Some features needed:
    * Self-reporting volunteer hours (e.g. projects and committee meetings)
    * Add a My Volunteer Hours page (self-reported, activities, courses and events [and volunteer opportunities])
    * Printing volunteer hours for company matching
    * Salesforce volunteer hours reporting

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight # of activities led / courses instructed in volunteer leader/instructor profiles

"Game-ify" volunteer leader & instructor trips led & courses taught to encourage them to list more trips and volunteer more often as instructors.

Update volunteer profiles so that a “star appears” around their profile picture for each trip they lead or for each time they participate as an instructor / leader in a field trip. When X number of stars have appeared then volunteers receive some sort of recognition, to be determined, . . . for example, . . .
    a. X stars – a Mountaineers Books coupon or a Starbucks card accompanied by a form thank you note (and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Selecting from the Dropdown

When you select from the search/suggestions box ("You May Also Like" section, for instance), it jumps around and makes it hard to select with precision.

For example, as admin when I try to create a discount code and I need to add multiple items with the keyword "mountain", it is next to impossible to scroll and pick a tile that is in-between transitions.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable trip leaders to Identify Potential Leaders on a Trip

Currently, trip participants can rate trip leaders. Trip leaders need to be able to rate trip participants. Specifically, trip leaders need to be able to identify trip participants who demonstrate attributes of a future trip leader, and this information needs to be shared with branch committee leadership so they can follow-up with the potential trip leader and encourage them to take the appropriate next steps to volunteer as a trip leader.

When trip leaders close their trip or prepare a trip report, this new feature needs to be made clearly available to them so they are given an opportunity to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove "Getting Started Series" from the Activity Audience

Its confusing to see "Getting Started Series" in the activity search results as an option when we no longer have a formal "Getting Started Series" program.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a searchable database of all committee chairs

searchable by activity type, branch (idea came from scramble summit)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Promo Codes: Bulk Discount SD332

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a bulk discount when I purchase a bunch of the same items or types of items (e.g. books, merchandise).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Course page not loading with high volume visitation

When course participants visit this page at the same time and try and click Manage Registration no one else can visit the course page. Specifically we had about 75 out of the 100 participants were online trying to sign up for their hikes at 9:00AM yesterday. We had 25 hikes that all went "live" for registration at 9:00 (these are our April CHS hikes). The offerings were split evenly -- 12 CHS1 hikes and 13 CHS2 hikes -- and, from what I can see, the participants were attempting to sign up for a real variety, not just 2 or 3…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use different formatting for book title and subtitle in search

It is really messy looking at book titles that have subtitles because its all huge font. Also the stars look a little weird.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Separate Site Search Results for Images

In the site search, place all search results except images in one "tab" and images in another.

We also have a lot of folders, especially ones titled, "Images" and "Resources," so we may want to have "tab" for folders too or rank them low in search results.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Roster Functionality: Track Mentored Leaders

How to show mentored leaders on trip (perhaps leave as is but automatically make anyone whose role is co-leader or mentored leader and admin and add "show as contact" checkbox. How to show on committee roster. Probably Leader box checked with mentored leader note and a "short" expiration date. Also add survey aimed at trips with mentored leader (show this feedback to primary leader, co leader and mentored leader)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Text Search Results

Refine the the text search results, using threes words as an example, by rank ordering results in this order:
    1. Phrase – W1 and W2 and W3 in that order
    2. Contains all three words in any order
    3. Contains W1 and W2
    4. Contains W1 and W3
    5. Contains W2 and W3
    6. Contains W1 only
    7. Contains W2 only
    8. Contains W3 only

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Promo Codes: Buy One Get One Free SD334

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code to purchase one item and receive another of equal or lesser value for free.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Promo Codes: Dollar Amount Discount for "Entire" Shopping Cart SD410

As a site visitor allow me to use a promo code that gives me a dollar amount discount on everything in my shopping cart up to the total amount of items in my shopping cart that qualifies.

This could be quite useful for volunteer recognition.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Promo Codes: Offer Discount for Books Added via a Registration Process SD425

As a person registering for a course, course activity, trip activity or an event, give me a discount on any of the books that I added to my shopping cart from the book page shown at the end of the registration process. When I'm viewing the recommended books page, during checkout it will show me the amount of discount I'll receive.

If I have a member promo code in the same cart, whichever promo code is greater will apply (the better deal). This book promo code will apply even if I register for the course at a different time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Promo Codes: Discounts that trigger when someone fulfills a requirement SD521

As a site visitor let me use a promo code to get a discount that applies when I hit certain prerequisites. For example, spend $100 get a 20% discount, or buy 6 books get free shipping.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base