General Feedback

The UserVoice Feedback forum enables Mountaineers to share ideas and exchange feedback with other Mountaineers. You may follow any forum idea and you will be notified of comments or status changes to that idea. All forum participants get ten votes to assign to ideas, and your votes help us prioritize the needs most important to our members. We receive lots of great feedback, so please search the forum first before creating a new idea. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and explanation. Thank you for your participation!

If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog, https://www.mountaineers.org/blog/technology.

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course related activities have feedback forms that you can fill out after each activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly (not sure who the chair is, contact Member Services at info@mountaineers.org).

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please fill out this form: https://www.mountaineers.org/about/board-of-directors/board-policies/board-policies-files/4-behavioral-complaint-form.

Share your idea...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My Calendar SD411

Add a "My Calendar" page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar, or subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities.

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes were:

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes were:

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of the original idea above.

4. Ability to view results from the Find Activities search in a calendar view. This is NEW!

5. Ability view the My Activities page on your profile in a calendar view in addition to the current list view which is part of the original idea above.

6. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your upcoming trips. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

7. Ability to overlay your personal activities/events…

2. Reclassify Snowshoe Routes and Trips Using New S/T Rating System

This posting is the result of 1) a few years of cross-branch discussions among the Snowshoe Programs of the various branches, and 2) email discussions with the Program Center about how to go about changing the rating system used to classify Snowshoe trips. The feedback we received from the Program Center was that the correct way to document our request for changing the website was to post the changed to feedback.mountaineers.org.

The Snowshoe Programs of the various branches would like to change the way that Snowshoe Routes and Trips are rated so that each route/trip has a separate Strenuous and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to use the cursor keys within all text fields when creating or editing an activity.

When setting up and/or editing an activity, it is possible to move the cursor about inside the "Summary" filed but not in the "Meeting Place and Time" and "Required Equipment" fields. As a result, it is very frustrating to enter or correct information in the online activity form.

In other words, when pressing the ⬅️➡️⬆️or ⬇️ keys on my keyboard, the cursor will move accordingly inside the text field "Summary" as one would expect with a normal word processing function.

But in the "Meeting Place and Time" and "Required Equipment" fields, pressing these same ⬅️➡️⬆️or ⬇️ keyboard cursor control keys…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on this via the ticket. We discovered that this is a bug in the device and submitted feedback to Apple. If they do not respond and do not fix the issue, we’ll check with our developers to see if we can work around this on our website.

If you like, you can submit feedback at www.apple.com/feedback.

4. Improve Feedback forms

Please fix the feedback form-
    Under the overall rating you only give four options and there have been a number of times that I didn’t want to mark “Pretty good, I'd go again” or “Not so great, I'd think twice about going again”, but needed something right in the middle like- it was OK, but I might or might not do it again.
    With the options given “Not so great” is just a little better than a disaster. We need some kind of “ho hum” option. Sometimes it isn’t as bad as “Not so great” but it isn’t “Pretty good”…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Roster change emails

When a leader gets an email notification about a participant change on their roster, it would be great if when the leader hits 'reply', the email would be redirected to that participant and not toinfo@mountaineers.org
    I'm finding that even with I'm signed in to the website in one window, when I click on the hyperlinked participant name in the email, another window opens and the website wants me to sign in again, which creates to many steps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply to doesn't work on all email from mountaineers.org

Replying to emails written from leaders through mountaineers.org are not working for Windows 10 mail. Obviously Mountaineers can't control Windows but it might make sense to switch to participants being cc'd on organizing or the leader being cc'd so members don't send Member Services trip logistical emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Tess to explain how this works with added options.

We have the copy email addresses feature, and “reply to” should work and it is correct that we cannot fix Windows 10 mail if it does not work on only that platform.

• Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base