General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make better season pass functionality for lodges

Allow me to enter a season pass code for each person I am registering and pay for those who don't have season passes in the same transaction.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add activity templates to accomodate seasonal variations for climbing

When we transition to skill badges as pre-requisites for trips I'd like to be able to modify the default pre-req badges on the activity I list depending on the season. For example if I lead a trip to the tooth in June I want it to have all of the regular basic alpine skills like snow travel, belay etc but in August I want to be able to remove the snow travel skill pre-requisite or have a template that brings up a different set of requirements.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Medium Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

This will require committee buy-in, update of our activity standards, and adequate explanation so leaders an participants understand them.

3. Connect Senior Household Memberships

Add functionality to connect Senior households memberships where both people in the household can switch between accounts, just like Family accounts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a number of critical items currently on our high priority list, and while this would certainly be a benefit for our senior members, this project does not yet have enough votes to warrant higher prioritization, and, because it’s an improvement to existing functionality, we must prioritize it below things which need to be fixed or built for the first time.

4. Give notification to leader if posting course related activity outside course date range

Provide error message/notification if creating a course related activity that is outside of any course's current date range. I listed an optional lecture and it wouldn't show up in the course but I couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was after the original course listings end date.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This one is a bit tricky, because there can be a currently running and future scheduled course and knowing which one to check is a challenging decision.

5. Provide easy way to email participants based on their role

For large course field trips it is common for instructors and students to show up at different times, which means that instructors will usually carpool with other instructors, and students with other students. To set up those carpools it would be helpful if the "Email Participants" screen had a way to quickly select participants based on their role, i.e. all instructors, all students, all leaders. Yes, it's currently possible to use the per-person check boxes to this now, but some large field trips (Navigation, Snowshoe, Scramble) can have as many as 90 participants, so selecting them individually is tedious and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Header Messaging Capability SD517

We added a home page pop-up a while ago for getting important communications out to members and guests.

This would be rich text that appear in a box/stripe that appears just below the header (and above the admin panel if it is visible) so that we can present members and guests with a less obtrusive way to highlight things that we thing are really important. Also allow members and guests to close this message until it is refreshed (changed entirely or edited).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a "Do Not Send Automatic Confirmation Email" checkbox to activities or activity templates GH2002

In some cases like summer camp field trips and/or required lectures for courses, its confusing or annoying to members to receive confirmation emails. We would like to be able to turn off this functionality in certain cases like this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-populate branch council rosters with all chairs of branch activity committees

There are some times when a branch council roster isn't updated after a new chair comes on to an activity committee. If this wasn't a difficult or expensive feature, it would alleviate one bit of data entry for branch council's AND help prevent other committees from missing communications from the councils.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import Very Old Activity History SD407

We imported all history from 2003 onward, because the format of our former database fit the model of our new database fairly well. We do have history from the early 1990's to 2003 that was imported from our first database to our former database. However, it is just a list (titles and dates) on people's records with no link to an activity record. It will take some effort to import and display this info.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save Credit Card Info for Purchases SD328

Allow members and guests to save credit card info when checking out and use saved credit card info to pay when checking out. We should allow multiple cards, choice of which one to use when checking out, ability to update (usually expiration date and CCV), remove, or add from the Shopping Cart. Allow the user to update, remove and add credit card info from their My Profile area too. We need to consider the implications to the recurring payments (automatic annual dues and monthly donations) too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Install Step-Up Engagemant App SD416

StepUp is Percolator Consulting's engagement app for Salesforce, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management database).

It adds functionality to our Salesforce to create the ability to measure the engagement levels of our guests, members, and volunteers. This Percolator-designed Salesforce App allows you to assign an engagement score related to actions taken with our organization, and then roll all of those scores up into one master "engagement score". We can use this to identify potential donors, volunteers, and to single out guests who might be the most interested in converting to a member.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need additional and/or functionality for badges for Youth Activities

For a lot of our youth programs you always need to have a QYL badge and either a course badge or a QYL badge and a collection of skill badges. Right now the website isn't set up to make sure the QYL is connected to the course badge "OR" functionality and the skill badge "AND" functionality.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gallery View: Slide Show and Grid View SD631

Add slide show and grid view to galleryview for folders (not Book and Merchnadise details pages):

Slide Show: Add a slide show selector to galleryview with full screen, timer and left/right arrow controls.If there are videos (or any non-image content) in the folder, skip them.

Grid View: Add a grid selector and display a grid of thumbnails in galeryview. Open the image in a popup overlaying the grid/page when clicked. Close the popup via an "X" in the upper right of the image popup (and maybe left/right arrows on the popup?).

Image Download Note: Though it's worth noting that currently…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My Gallery

Add a My Gallery section to My Profile that where I can upload photos and where photos I've uploaded to the the website in other area like Trip Reports are displayed.

Ideally all photos I've added would be displayed by default, but I would be able to choose to hide certain ones from My Gallery even though they would still be displayed elsewhere on the website.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Program Center Event "Add Activity" Buttons

Make adding an activity at a Program Center easier by adding buttons on the event details page that appear after the event is published. These buttons will start the activity scheduling process for the appropriate program center route/place using the event start and end dates.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Error Check for Instructor Requirement

Adding error check for adding and editing a course activity where instructors are needed but there is no instructor prerequisite badge will ensure that activities are set up correctly. This will ensure that members and guests who are qualified can register as an instructor and to be sure that only those who are qualified can register to be an instructor.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Peer to Peer (P2P) Fundraising

We are running “Your Parks | Your Adventure” as a P2P campaign in 2016 using the WeDidIt third party platform. We can use this to evaluate our need for P2P fundraising capability and determine the best system and its cost to implement and operate.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a "Choose Date Range" Option to Lodge Stay Rosters GH2269

Add a "choose date range" option to the lodge stay rosters (e.g. https://www.mountaineers.org/about/locations-reservations/stevens-lodge/lodge-stay-rosters). It would be like the choose dates we have at the top of the My Activities page.

This will allow lodge admins to do a bit of end of season data analysis and recruit lodge guests for work parties.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lodges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will work on Salesforce reports and dashboards for outdoor centers to start. Once we have a better handle on what’s needed, we’ll likely roll this into a website committee reporting needs project.

19. SHOW AUTOMATIC WARNING FOR AUTOMATIC FAILED PAYMENTS AND EXPIRING CREDIT CARD SD432

Change the "about to be charged" message to a "your payment failed" message on the My Payments page when a scheduled payment fails (annual dues and/or monthly donation). Also show a red warning on the main My Profile page and the My Payments page if the credit card if it expires before one of the person's automatic payments is scheduled.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CANCEL/STATUS BUTTON FOR BOOK & MERCHANDSIE PURCHASES SD355

Introduce a function for people to cancel or view their book and merchandise orders after purchase.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base