General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter for Full Courses/Activities SD638/639

Use cases:
    * I am a participant and I want to only view courses and activities that have availability.
    * I am a leader and I want to only view courses and activities that have leader availability.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide easy way to email participants based on their role

For large course field trips it is common for instructors and students to show up at different times, which means that instructors will usually carpool with other instructors, and students with other students. To set up those carpools it would be helpful if the "Email Participants" screen had a way to quickly select participants based on their role, i.e. all instructors, all students, all leaders. Yes, it's currently possible to use the per-person check boxes to this now, but some large field trips (Navigation, Snowshoe, Scramble) can have as many as 90 participants, so selecting them individually is tedious and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a "Do Not Send Automatic Confirmation Email" checkbox to activities or activity templates GH2002

In some cases like summer camp field trips and/or required lectures for courses, its confusing or annoying to members to receive confirmation emails. We would like to be able to turn off this functionality in certain cases like this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update Billing Info for Automatic Renewal GH1977

The billing info associated with autorenewal payments is not getting updated in tandem with the user’s profile. Let's tweak the process to update the autorenewal billing info whenever the profile is updated, or at least give users the option to also update their billing info when they update their payment card info.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto-populate branch council rosters with all chairs of branch activity committees

There are some times when a branch council roster isn't updated after a new chair comes on to an activity committee. If this wasn't a difficult or expensive feature, it would alleviate one bit of data entry for branch council's AND help prevent other committees from missing communications from the councils.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save Credit Card Info for Purchases SD328

Allow members and guests to save credit card info when checking out and use saved credit card info to pay when checking out. We should allow multiple cards, choice of which one to use when checking out, ability to update (usually expiration date and CCV), remove, or add from the Shopping Cart. Allow the user to update, remove and add credit card info from their My Profile area too. We need to consider the implications to the recurring payments (automatic annual dues and monthly donations) too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a photos tab SD434

Add a photos tab next to the course materials tab to show potential participants what they can expect in the course.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show waitlist participants to other registered participants

I would like to see who is on waitlist for an activity I am registered for.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Additional Search Functions: Sorting SD504

for activity listings allow user to sort by destination, leader, availability and allow sorts in ascending or descending order

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve My Profile Preferences View GH3064

Improve how a member’s preferences are displayed on the bottom of their My Profile page and to minimize confusion on where and how to change (edit) them.

Notes:
    - Don't show checkboxes or data entry boxes with their “values,” because it makes them look editable.
    - Remove help text, so that essentially only the field labels and their values are displayed and so that the view is more compact.
    - Some of the “answers” will need to be “calculated” to make the view more user-friendly.
    - Move items on the Profile Edit Form to match the My Preferences view (both…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Course Activity Data Export Improvement GH3028

Investigate alternatives for the Course Activities Export. It takes several minutes to get the datatables view, because there are often several thousand records associated with the request. There may be more, but few options are:

• Check how much overhead there is in Diazo processing of the markup? Avoiding that may be one reason that converting the main course roster view to be React-based helped so much. If that's correct you could possibly load this part of the page in an iframe that bypasses Diazo.

• A bit off the wall... After clicking the "download" button, display a message (in a popup?)…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Shopping Cart Timer Message Text GH2932

Change the shopping cart timer message text to:

You have {time_remaining} minutes to complete your registration and payment or your registration will be canceled to give others a chance to register.”

Where time_remaining is 30, 29, 28, etc. minutes (it starts at 30 minutes, a website setting that can be increased or decreased if needed).

It seems like it might be better to show how many minutes remain to give a better sense of urgency.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gallery View: Slide Show and Grid View SD631

Add slide show and grid view to galleryview for folders (not Book and Merchnadise details pages):

Slide Show: Add a slide show selector to galleryview with full screen, timer and left/right arrow controls.If there are videos (or any non-image content) in the folder, skip them.

Grid View: Add a grid selector and display a grid of thumbnails in galeryview. Open the image in a popup overlaying the grid/page when clicked. Close the popup via an "X" in the upper right of the image popup (and maybe left/right arrows on the popup?).

Image Download Note: Though it's worth noting that currently…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to add end date to monthly donations GH2761

Make it possible to set up monthly donation for a specific time period. Ideally be able to be put in an amount with an expiration date. We had a number of donors at the breakfast who were interested in giving say $250 but wanted it in $50 increments for 5 months.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My Gallery

Add a My Gallery section to My Profile that where I can upload photos and where photos I've uploaded to the the website in other area like Trip Reports are displayed.

Ideally all photos I've added would be displayed by default, but I would be able to choose to hide certain ones from My Gallery even though they would still be displayed elsewhere on the website.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow changing quantities for refunds GH1847

Right now its hard to do refund for purchases with quantity greater than 1. Now that we are selling merch we need to fix this functionality

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Program Center Event "Add Activity" Buttons

Make adding an activity at a Program Center easier by adding buttons on the event details page that appear after the event is published. These buttons will start the activity scheduling process for the appropriate program center route/place using the event start and end dates.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Error Check for Instructor Requirement

Adding error check for adding and editing a course activity where instructors are needed but there is no instructor prerequisite badge will ensure that activities are set up correctly. This will ensure that members and guests who are qualified can register as an instructor and to be sure that only those who are qualified can register to be an instructor.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base