General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have feedback forms so that you give feedback for everything in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filters at top of site search results do not work as expected GH3660

Enter text in site search bar in the header and hit enter. Results are shown with four buttons at top (Find Books, Find Events, Find Courses, Find Activities). Hit "Find Books" and the results are refreshed and show me things not related to what I searched for (not sticky to the search term I entered). Expected result is the search term result list is filtered to just books. See screenshots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hide Payment Pending from Add to Roster Dialog Box GH2755

Make it so Payment Pending is not a status available for leaders/admins to choose from the Add person to roster dialogue box. Offered is the status that should be used to hold a slot for someone in a course and allows them to process payment. Payment Pending is the quick status that someone goes into when they have 15 minutes to process course and acitivty and lodge registrations in their shopping carts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a My Blog Posts Page GH2829

Add a "My Blog Posts" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own blog posts and blog posts by their favorite member bloggers more easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Data request: How many people did we get outside?

submitting my formal data request to build a report to answer the question “how many people did we get outside?”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Scheduled  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically store leader applications in the appropriate committee folder for admin access

Some of our committees have set up online applications for people to send in when they want to be considered as an activity leader. The applications are forwarded by member services manually to the committee chair or leadership chair of the activity committee that the person wants to lead for. However right now the only way we have to keep track of past applications is in our email. It would be very helpful if all online applications could automatically be sent to a folder on the requested activity committee's page on the website, with permissions set so that committee admins…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Scheduled  ·  0 comments  ·  Volunteers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Stewardship Half Day template document the need for manual follow-up

After completing two "Stewardship Half Day" activities the participant is expected to send an email to info@mountaineers.org requesting their Stewardship badge. This fact was documented in a one-time email sent to activity chairs and some activity leaders when the new template was launched in November, 2020 (see attached pdf) but does not appear to be documented anywhere else. Moreover, people who post Stewardship Half Day activities are expected to include the need for manual follow-up in their activity descriptions, but that also appears to have been mentioned only in the one-time November email. As a result, Stewardship Half Day activities…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ability to bulk assign volunteer hours to participants to on an activity is complete (see   https://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/41870725-assign-the-stewardship-credit-badge-based-on-stewa).

We'll review awarding the Stewardship badge based on stewardship volunteers hours this fall to give leaders time to adopt adding stewardship hours for all participants. When we do, we'll update all of the how-to and field help needed.

7. Assign the Stewardship Credit Badge Based on Stewardship Activity Volunteer Hours

Once participants can more easily be assigned volunteer hours for participating in a stewardship activity (see Allow Participants to be Bulk Assigned Volunteer Hours, http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/41829865-allow-participants-to-be-bulk-assigned-volunteer-h), assign (or remove) the Stewardship Credit badge based on having 8 or more stewardship volunteer hours in the last 365 days (removing this badge if a person has it and their stewardship volunteer hours are less than 8 in the last 365 days).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Registration Portlet Checkbox Update for Adult Courses GH2751

For an adult registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program), display this text The leader of this course has explicitly given me permission to register and I understand I may be permanently deleted from the roster if I sign up without that permission. I further verify that I have the skill requirements necessary to safely participate. {Request Leader's Permission} if no application form URL is specified and the person registering is not a youth.

For a youth registering for an adult course (i.e. one that's NOT a Youth Program"), display a checkbox with this text …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Courses, Clinics & Seminars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base