General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add filters to the My Activities page GH2799

Filters to add include Activity Type, Trip Result, Participant Role, and Participant Result. This is useful for leaders to review participant activity info for leader's permission requests. It is also useful for helping keep committee rosters up-to-date.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only Count Trip, Clinic/Seminar Activities for Guest activity limit GH2769

We'd like new guest members to be able to sign up for courses that have two activities associated with them and be able to join for two regular hikes and right now the course related activities count towards your "guest count"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it possible to add merchandise when renewing or buying a membership or gift membership GH2754

It'd be neat to be able to buy a mountaineers hat or pint glass when joining and/or buying a gift membership for someone.

You might also like section should show up on Join the Mountaineers page in addition to showing on the shopping cart.

Similar set up for gift memberships

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow changing quantities for refunds GH1847

Right now its hard to do refund for purchases with quantity greater than 1. Now that we are selling merch we need to fix this functionality

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Your waiver is about to expire" email ~SFOnly

Send an automatic email out to folks before their waiver expires.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update Gift Memberships Pricing Portlets GH2926

Update portlet text for Gift Memberships to show new price. Right now on the gift membership page and on the next page it shows the original price for memberships, not the discounted gift price, and it should probably show the regular price crossed out with the gift price in red. So for the holidays (December) it will be 25% off, and for any time earlier it will be 15% off.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a My Blog Posts Page GH2829

Add a "My Blog Posts" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own blog posts and blog posts by their favorite member bloggers more easily.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make ALL Text in theLeft Navigation Column White GH1691

The red (private), yellow (pending) and purple (shard with committee) are difficult to read on a light blue background and are distracting. Make all the text in the left navigation column white, no matter its state.

Not: We'll keep the colors in the folder contents view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manage Client, Group and Partner Contracts Online SD547

Some of the benefits of managing client, group and partner contracts Online are:
    --The digital contracts will eliminate paper contracts that must be mailed back-and-forth or returned in person.
    --The digital contracts will be easier to find and review in Salesforce than their paper counterparts.
    --Allowing staff to more quickly, efficiently and accurately create contracts for our facility rental clients, lodge groups, and Mountain Workshops partners
    --It will be easier, faster and more efficient for approvers to sign and return their contracts.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base