General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove "Getting Started Series" from the Activity Leader Rating GH2781

Its confusing to see "Getting Started Series" in the activity search results as an option when we no longer have a formal "Getting Started Series" program.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Maximum Route/Place Capacity" field for route/places GH2937

Add a field for routes/places that shows the maximum total capacity (over all bookings) for each route/place.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Leaders to Choose Activity Template or Route/Place Image for Activities SD641

When scheduling an activity, allow the leader to choose to use one of the the route/place images, the activity template image, or an image from their local computer.

Notes:

- Currently when scheduling a trip (standalone) activity, the one form the route/place is the default and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer. For course activities, the default image is from the activity template, and the leader may choose to replace that with one from their computer.

- Many of our Routes & Places have an "Images" folder where we store images submitted by our…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Activity Template's Activity Type a Multiselect GH2752

Right now we have a number of leadership clinics which we are having a hard time reporting on since they are categorized by activity type when really we want them tagged as both the activity like Sea Kayaking AND outdoor leadership

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default "Summary" section for educational activities GH2923

Use the summary section that has been entered into the activity template for clinics, seminars, lectures, and field trips as the default once you have selected the appropriate template. Right now, summary sections are written up in the template, but they don't automatically populate in the activity listing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a trip plan upload and PLB checkbox GH2824

Add the ability to upload a "trip plan" to an activity. In addition, we would like a checkbox that indicates if the trip party is planning to carry a PLB. The ability to upload a trip plan is priority #1, and the PLB checkbox is priority #2 (if it is not a lot of additional work).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

High Priority  ·  2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter for Full Courses/Activities SD638/639

Use cases:
    * I am a participant and I want to only view courses and activities that have availability.
    * I am a leader and I want to only view courses and activities that have leader availability.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible for website to process multiple payments for trips like Global Adventures SD293

Make it possible for deposits to be taken and then remaining balance paid through the website.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include all fields in the CSV download after an activity closes GH2929

As an admin or a leader, I would like to see all fields in the CSV download so that I can better manage courses and activities. Also reorder the fields so that like information is grouped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Email Notification for Comments SD642

Make it so comments on trip reports, blog posts, etc. send an email to the person who posted the trip report so they can respond and have a dialogue about conditions. We'll also need a way to opt out of this email.

Note: If the commenter shared their profile their name is a link that will provide their email address.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email Reminder for Activities, Courses and Events About to Open for Registration SD509

As a site user, allow me to choose to get an email the day before an activity, course or event opens so that I get a reminder to register for an activity or course for which I plan to register.

It would be ideal to add a checkbox along with "Send me an email reminder the day before this opens for registration." to the registration portlet where the the opening date is displayed. We're currently thinking a new role on the roster may be the best way to accomplish this.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't Show "Waitlist Warning" Message for an Activity in the Past GH2823

To improve the activity closing process (activity end date is in the past), don't show the message, "registration has closed- please check your waitlist," when editing a roster record.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On Routes & Places Utilize Gallery View Images GH2825

Like we have for our book and merchandise detail pages, use a main image display ans thumbnails below for the route/place images(s) displayed at the upper right of each route/place.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so you can't close a trip without trip results GH2508

Right now if you are in the team roster you can't close the trip without giving a status like Sucessful/Cancelled etc. however you can do it via the yellow admin bar. We don't want trips closed without knowing how they went so it'd be great to get an error notification when you try and do this that says "Trip result must be entered on the roster before activity can be closed."

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base