General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature Request - Expiring Badge Notification ~SFOnly

As a user I would like to be notified prior to my badge expiring so that I can arrange to meet requirements or arrange for an extension given that I have a badge that has an expiration date. The problem to avoid is people losing their privileges without notice and being unpleasantly surprised.

Then, when the expiration date is within 90 and 30 days from expiring:

- A notification of what badge is about to expire and when will be sent to me (User) 90 days and 30 days prior to the expiration date.

- A notification will be sent…

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on the components needed to deploy for our improved email feedback request system. Then we will work on applying that to activity closing notification and badge expiration notifications.

2. Add Pronoun field to rosters and profiles GH2887/3031

We not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We split this into two parts, (1) for allowing members and guests to add pronouns and have them displayed on their profile, and (2) adding pronouns to our plethora of rosters and roster downloads.

The first part we will do soon with monthly support and the second later as part of a development iteration.

3. Use Only the Imprint Field for Books GH2942

When importing books, use only the "Imprint" field from the Product Marketing object in Acumen. It appears that we are combing the Publisher and Imprint fields to make "Publisher/Print" and it's looking a bit messy:

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an Authors Group GH2801

Can we create a separate group for Mountaineers Books authors, for easier management? Thanks much!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Contact Merge Improvements GH2406/2578

Merge content authorship (e.g. Routes & Places, blogs, feedback responses etc.) when merging contacts.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base