General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any forum idea and will be notified of status changes to that idea. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization. We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum first before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation of your idea and how it benefits The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what has already been developed and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips and course-related activities have feedback forms so that you give feedback for every activity in which you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior by another member or harassment. Please submit a Behavioral Complaint Form.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pre-order/Backorder Quantity GH3044

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a a book, allow me to enter a quantity that is applied when I click the "pre-order" or "backorder" button, and allow me to change this on the payment page, so that I may pre- or backorder more than one copy of a book at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with The Mountaineers
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pre-order/Backorder User-applied Promo Codes GH3045

As a website visitor pre-ordering or backordering a book, allow me to enter a promo code on the payment page, so that I can receive a discount if one is offered. And display the automatically applied promo code the member discount.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Item Type" Select List to Universal Header Search GH3048

As a website visitor, show me a list of content types next to the search box in the universal header so that I may choose the type of content and my search terms in one go.

Notes:
    - If viewing the Program global header, default this to "All."
    - If viewing the Books global header, default this to "Book."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pre-order/Backorder vs. Shopping Cart Clarification GH3072

As a user, when pre/backordering something show me a notification that this process is separate from my other items (if I have other available items in my cart).

I'd like to see some sort of alert during/before reaching "/delayed-shipping" page that back/pre orders are not processed at the same time as the rest of the items in my cart. Reason being I'd like to avoid confusion during/after user has input all their information.

Ideally, is it possible to...
    1) Check if the cart is currently empty (if so, proceed as usual)
    2) If cart /= empty, perhaps an in-frame pop-up?…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding a "Related Items" section for additional information on Book product page GH3074

Add a new tab alongside "Description" "Video" and "Reviews" for related items, especially blogs.

The idea is to present complementary content when the product page is the landing page, esp. considering the % of our page sessions are from New Users.

Aside from links to our blog, other items could be downloads, related events* -- it's also why I don't want to just call this tab "Blogs," as it doesn't necessarily reflect the full scope.

*Though personally, I think this should be its own tab, and would be pulled automatically from Author Events calendar.

I thought about just linking whatever…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Default billling address for "checkout as guest" GH2975

When a user buys books or merchandise and checks out as a guest, use the shipping address they entered as the billing address on the page where we collect their credit card information. Or maybe it's better if we add a "Billing address is same as shipping address" checkbox above the billing address fields. This seems like the better, more common user experience.

Do this for:
    - Checking out without logging in, the multi-item "regular" shopping cart
    - Placing a pre-order or backorder as a guest, the single-item shopping cart

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding a Section/Tab to Books for Awards GH3073

An idea we had some time ago was creating an Awards tab, much like "Descriptions" "Reviews" "Video" -- but at the time we decided against it because we thought it would be best to highlight it in the Description field anyways.

But now that the feed to our 3rd parties are being more restrictive on the level of HTML we can have, the above argument against holds a lot less ground.

My appetite for fighting for this addition depends heavily on how easy it is to implement, and especially so in context with whether it can be implemented easily along…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve Author-Book Relationship in Acumen and Plone GH3050

In some cases, we have a contributor who has one role on one book and another role on another book (e.g. "by" and "Foreword by"). In these cases we end up with multiple contact records for the same contributor. In Plone, we have this covered with the "member," "book," and "book roster." In Acumen, we need to be sure that we have only one contributor record and use the "override role" field when their contribution is different from their primary role.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Shipping Address to Profile GH3062

Add shipping address fields to contact profile and rename "address" fields to billing address. And use the shipping and billing addresses and defaults for purchase for logged in users.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base