Skip to content

How do I apply for Equivalency?

Many Mountaineers trips require participants to have previous experience doing that outdoor activity before they can register. This experience can come from graduating from one of our courses or it can be granted through the equivalency process.

The equivalency process usually involves filling out an application or contacting the activity committee you are interested in receiving equivalency from with a resume of your previous experience and if it looks like there is sufficient experience you will be invited to demonstrate your skills to a committee member or help instruct on a field trip. 

If you have previous experience in a particular activity and want to apply for equivalency please see the list of applications below. If you don't see the activity you're looking for, please respond directly to this email and Member Services can help direct you to the correct person. 

Feedback and Knowledge Base