Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Change to automatic renewal process GH1692

The Mountaineers should change the way they handle automatic membership renewal. Currently on the website people are opted into automatic renewal by default when they pay their dues. The checkbox is small and easy to miss, leading to a fair amount of people getting opted into automatic renewal unknowingly. There are concerns that this borders on a privacy violation and may violate some privacy regulations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

The checkbox for choosing Autorenewal on the checkout page is now much bigger and more obvious to avoid accidentally choosing Autorenewal.

2. Make the "+more" Link More Obvious GH1485

We want to make the "+more" link on the activity and course detail pages more obvious so users see them and are more apt to use them. It could be a button, larger font or... We are open to suggestions. Please do add any you have to the comments.

Also, though many Routes & Places don't yet have lengthy descriptions, we may want to add a "+more" link or button to them too.

Example: https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/routes-places/the-tooth-south-face

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Save button at the top of registration windows GH1482

This will be super helpful for mobile users trying to manage their rosters. Right now after adding some to the roster it is very hard to scroll down and Save them. This should be done for the Add Person to Courses, Activities and Event registration windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

We added a “Save” button at the top of every “Add person to roster” and “Edit” popup so that it is quicker and easier to save a record when on the top few field must be completed for the add or edit being done.

4. ADD AUTOMATIC ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL PAYMENTS AND AUTOMATIC MONTHLY DONATIONS TO MY PURCHASES SD420

If I have, show automatic annual membership renewal payments and automatic monthly donations on my My Purchases page. Also show me the credit card I use for these and allow me to change that card or to enroll in or cancel either of these automatic "payments." Note: We're combining the My Purchases and My Recurring Payments "pages."

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tailor receipt (thank you) page messages to items purchased SD344

Add six rich text fields to the Thank You page for each of these item types: membership, course, activity, book, merchandise, donation. Each field would be displayed if the shopping cart contains and item of its type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Import Very Old Activity History SD407

We imported all history from 2003 onward, because the format of our former database fit the model of our new database fairly well. We do have history from the early 1990's to 2003 that was imported from our first database to our former database. However, it is just a list (titles and dates) on people's records with no link to an activity record. It will take some effort to import and display this info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save Credit Card Info for Purchases SD328

Allow members and guests to save credit card info when checking out and use saved credit card info to pay when checking out. We should allow multiple cards, choice of which one to use when checking out, ability to update (usually expiration date and CCV), remove, or add from the Shopping Cart. Allow the user to update, remove and add credit card info from their My Profile area too. We need to consider the implications to the recurring payments (automatic annual dues and monthly donations) too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Gift Certificates, Gift Cards, Store Credit SD308

Set up a system where people can purchase and give electronic gift certificates that are good for books, merchandise, course and activities. Gift certificates issues in whole dollar amounts. Offer a few suggestions like ($25, $50, $100). Have the giver specify and email address of the recipient. Allow the recipient to add the gift certificate to their account (require them to create an account if needed).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Giving Gift Memberships SD127/SD591/SD592/SD593

Set up a system that allows me to give a friend or family members a Mountaineers gift membership. I'd like to be able to specify whether to send the membership activation "packet" by mail or email, to send it to em or the recipient and when to send it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Install Step-Up Engagemant App SD416

StepUp is Percolator Consulting's engagement app for Salesforce, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management database).

It adds functionality to our Salesforce to create the ability to measure the engagement levels of our guests, members, and volunteers. This Percolator-designed Salesforce App allows you to assign an engagement score related to actions taken with our organization, and then roll all of those scores up into one master "engagement score". We can use this to identify potential donors, volunteers, and to single out guests who might be the most interested in converting to a member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "My Activities" should be visible on the landing page after the login

I'm internet savvy but didn't discover "My Activities" and other menu items that are currently hidden behind the login name, until recently.
    Make the site intuitive like http://www.Meetup.com. It shouldn't require training.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Thanks for the suggestion. The “My Activities” is in the profile menu in the upper right section of our website’s header per website best practices. Unfortunately, there’s just not room to expand all of the items in the profile menu to the header. The My Profile menu will have a bit more prominence in our mobile design, so when you’re using a smart phone or tablet the My Profile menu will be a bit easier to find.

13. Make Autorenewal purchases show in My Purchases area GH1393

Right now autorenewal purchases don't go through shopping cart so not showing up properly in My Purchases tab of the My Profile page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Properly Group and Sort Replies to Comments GH1392

We're currently sorting trip reports and blog comments in reverse chronological order. This part is okay. But replies to a trip report or blog comment seem to appear "above" the post to which they apply. Ideally we want to place them "below" the post to which they reply and better differentiate replies from the original post.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Comments and replies are properly grouped and sorted in chronological order now.

15. Allow Members on Waitlist to sign up for Additional Outings

The system currently does not allow members to sign up for more than one outing. If you are on a waitlist, particularly if you are third or more on that list, I think the system should allow you to also sign up for another trip as backup. It seems unfair to force members to give up a potential spot on their preferred trip only to confirm on less preferred trip simply because of the system. Thank you.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When viewing someones profile make the "My Activities etc" show up differently than one's personal profile GH901

When browsing another members page, many of the headers appear as if I'm viewing my own page (My Activities, My Profile, My Courses). It's a bit confusing at first whether those will continue navigating another users page, or will take me to my own.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

When viewing someone else’s profile we now have changes to help make it clearer whose profile you are looking at. When you are looking at someone else’s profile it no longer says My Activities or My Courses it simply says Courses and Activities and the person’s name is inserted above so it is clear that it isn’t your profile you are looking through.

17. Move Question Mark

The question mark at the bottom of the web page is right on top of the down arrow on the scroll bar, so its really easy to accidentally click on it, which is very annoying. Can we move the location of the question mark a little so that it doesn't cover the scroll bar? (from Ralph Wessels)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cancelled  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We’ve reviewed and discussed and unfortunately, we cannot find a better place for the question mark to live, and no one else has reported this as an issue.

Please do email us at info@mountaineers.org if there’s anything you need.

Thanks again for bring this to our attention!

18. Make Mountaineers e-newsletters come from different email than activity emails

It's helpful for me to be able to sort through activity related emails separately than e-newsletters. Maybe make these come through as activities@mountaineers.org versus info@mountaineers.org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Low Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We discussed and determined that our current infrastructure is best with just one address for our email newsletters, confirmations and notifications.

19. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD508/599/600/601

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?