Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Giving Gift Memberships SD127/SD591/SD592/SD593

Set up a system that allows me to give a friend or family members a Mountaineers gift membership. I'd like to be able to specify whether to send the membership activation "packet" by mail or email, to send it to em or the recipient and when to send it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Save button at the top of registration windows GH1482

This will be super helpful for mobile users trying to manage their rosters. Right now after adding some to the roster it is very hard to scroll down and Save them. This should be done for the Add Person to Courses, Activities and Event registration windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

We added a “Save” button at the top of every “Add person to roster” and “Edit” popup so that it is quicker and easier to save a record when on the top few field must be completed for the add or edit being done.

4. Install Step-Up Engagemant App SD416

StepUp is Percolator Consulting's engagement app for Salesforce, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management database).

It adds functionality to our Salesforce to create the ability to measure the engagement levels of our guests, members, and volunteers. This Percolator-designed Salesforce App allows you to assign an engagement score related to actions taken with our organization, and then roll all of those scores up into one master "engagement score". We can use this to identify potential donors, volunteers, and to single out guests who might be the most interested in converting to a member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "My Activities" should be visible on the landing page after the login

I'm internet savvy but didn't discover "My Activities" and other menu items that are currently hidden behind the login name, until recently.
    Make the site intuitive like http://www.Meetup.com. It shouldn't require training.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Thanks for the suggestion. The “My Activities” is in the profile menu in the upper right section of our website’s header per website best practices. Unfortunately, there’s just not room to expand all of the items in the profile menu to the header. The My Profile menu will have a bit more prominence in our mobile design, so when you’re using a smart phone or tablet the My Profile menu will be a bit easier to find.

6. Make Autorenewal purchases show in My Purchases area GH1393

Right now autorenewal purchases don't go through shopping cart so not showing up properly in My Purchases tab of the My Profile page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Properly Group and Sort Replies to Comments GH1392

We're currently sorting trip reports and blog comments in reverse chronological order. This part is okay. But replies to a trip report or blog comment seem to appear "above" the post to which they apply. Ideally we want to place them "below" the post to which they reply and better differentiate replies from the original post.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Comments and replies are properly grouped and sorted in chronological order now.

8. When viewing someones profile make the "My Activities etc" show up differently than one's personal profile GH901

When browsing another members page, many of the headers appear as if I'm viewing my own page (My Activities, My Profile, My Courses). It's a bit confusing at first whether those will continue navigating another users page, or will take me to my own.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

When viewing someone else’s profile we now have changes to help make it clearer whose profile you are looking at. When you are looking at someone else’s profile it no longer says My Activities or My Courses it simply says Courses and Activities and the person’s name is inserted above so it is clear that it isn’t your profile you are looking through.

9. Move Question Mark

The question mark at the bottom of the web page is right on top of the down arrow on the scroll bar, so its really easy to accidentally click on it, which is very annoying. Can we move the location of the question mark a little so that it doesn't cover the scroll bar? (from Ralph Wessels)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cancelled  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We’ve reviewed and discussed and unfortunately, we cannot find a better place for the question mark to live, and no one else has reported this as an issue.

Please do email us at info@mountaineers.org if there’s anything you need.

Thanks again for bring this to our attention!

10. Make Mountaineers e-newsletters come from different email than activity emails

It's helpful for me to be able to sort through activity related emails separately than e-newsletters. Maybe make these come through as activities@mountaineers.org versus info@mountaineers.org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Low Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We discussed and determined that our current infrastructure is best with just one address for our email newsletters, confirmations and notifications.

11. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Mobile Responsive Theme SD295

I use the site all the time on my phone. Who doesn't these days?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We launched our website’s mobile responsive theme on Oct 4, 2016!

13. Add text in manage registration window regarding activities that have closed GH1256

If you get off a waitlist for a field trip and want to remove yourself from one that is already closed it is not clear how to do that from the manage registration window for course related activities.

Please add a tag line to the red text that exists already saying registration has closed to make it say.

Registration closed Mar 11 5:00 pm. Contact leader to be added or removed from roster.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhance promo code limits GH1111

As discussed, can you please talk to David about adding a “max use” requirement for our Promo Code. Right now you can add a maximum use per person, but not per code. Meaning you can only use a code once, but then you could give me the code and I could use it (also only once).

Ideally we’d like to create a requirement for promo codes so they can only be used once (in the case of gift membership) which means we don’t’ ever need to go back in and add an expiration date, as it will expire once it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a filter for Cancelled Activities on My Activities page GH1325

Can we please get a sort or filter button on this page so that we don't have to view the canceled events?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Based on the original request and comments, we added “Show Canceled” checkbox, “Show waitlisted” checkbox and a date range filter. We did the same for the My Courses & Programs page. Go check it out!!

17. Develop Member Dashboard

Create a member dashboard that allows us to more easily track membership by type, branch, member interests etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How about alpha sorting the Badges? Its a pain always to scan an unsorted group of data. Grouping badges on the My Profile page. GH 1127

How about alpha sorting the Badges? Its a pain always to scan an unsorted group of data. Grouping badges on the My Profile page too. Group by type of badge (e.g. (course, skill, leader, award/peak pin) and then sort by name within that group.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Avoiding duplicates in donor records and regular records SD322/347/348

Need a way for donors who donate without logging in but do have an account to be linked to their other profile so we don't create unnecessary duplicate accounts. Ideally when you type in your email it would have a flag that says, this email is already in the system, do you want to log in and then make your donation" or something like that. There is also a nuance of donations not being lumped together by household when we would want one $500 donation by one member to be lumped with the $500 donation made by the spouse so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed website duplicate prevention Jun 2015.

Completed Salesforce duplicate identification and began using dedup processes in Aug 2015.

20. Create a UI for staff to process membership dues

Staff have a 21-step manual process for processing dues paid by check currently. We need a better user-interface and process for this system since a large portion of dues still come via snail mail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base