Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Fix Membership Join dates so they are not linked to other family members profiles

Join dates were getting modified when membership types were being changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

This has been fixed so they are no longer linked however we were not able to individually identify records where this has happened. Please contact member services at info@mountaineers.org if this happened to you so we can update your profile accordingly.

2. Streamline waitlist registration for course related field trips

Right now if you are registered for one field trip but on the waitlist for another and get off the waitlist you are not automatically removed from the other roster. Ideally there would be some sort of notice reminding the person to cancel off their other list or some sort of automation.
    -Submitted by Chris Williams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We added info to the confirmation emails instructing students to check their roster statuses before confirming the new course registration.

3. Avoiding duplicates in donor records and regular records SD322/347/348

Need a way for donors who donate without logging in but do have an account to be linked to their other profile so we don't create unnecessary duplicate accounts. Ideally when you type in your email it would have a flag that says, this email is already in the system, do you want to log in and then make your donation" or something like that. There is also a nuance of donations not being lumped together by household when we would want one $500 donation by one member to be lumped with the $500 donation made by the spouse so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed website duplicate prevention Jun 2015.

Completed Salesforce duplicate identification and began using dedup processes in Aug 2015.

4. Feature Request - Expiring Badge Notification ~SFOnly

As a user I would like to be notified prior to my badge expiring so that I can arrange to meet requirements or arrange for an extension given that I have a badge that has an expiration date. The problem to avoid is people losing their privileges without notice and being unpleasantly surprised.

Then, when the expiration date is within 90 and 30 days from expiring:

• A notification of what badge is about to expire and when will be sent to me (User) 90 days and 30 days prior to the expiration date.

• A notification will be sent to the…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On line user account changes

Hello,
    My credit card changed. I use it for automatic renewal payments. Thee is no clear way for me to update my credit card info via the web site login. Pleae let me know how I can update my credit card info on line.
    Thank You, Gary Zink

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gary,
    To update your credit card for autorenewal payments you’ll want to log in and go to My Profile and click the Recurring Payments tab on the left hand side.

Tess

6. Change "downgrade" language

I suggest changing your language on membership "downgrades". Rather than say "downgrade", which has negative connotations, why not say "You have chosen to change your membership type". Using the word downgrade makes it sound like the membership type has fewer benefits or less value than another type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Peak Pins and other awards more public and interactive on the website

Make Peak Pin and Paddle pins public on the website so members can see all of the neat awards their fellow members have completed and/or are working on. Plus we need to have good descriptions of the requirements for each of the awards.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just completed editing and publishing the award badges that existed on our old website. They are at Membership > Badges, https://www.mountaineers.org/membership/badges/award-peak-pin-badges.

There are two for which we need badge images. We should have those by the end of March.

We’ll next work on adding badges; including content, images and roster; for our organization and branch service awards. We do not yet have this scheduled.

Please take a look and let us know if you have any questions or find anything that needs corrected.

Thanks to all you helped us get these done!

8. Add an extra "are you sure you want to cancel" message for course cancellations

Add an additional dialogue box when you cancel from course that says "Are you sure you want to cancel" to avoid accidental cancellations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. There is now a cancel link that does not look like a Submit style button from the Manage Registration window AND when you click that link you get an additional dialog box asking “Are you sure you want to cancel?”

9. Add Message Board/Forum Capability

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

Originally titled: Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Other uses…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add tracking mechanism to members page for mileage and altitude gained on club trips for yearly totals-ie:100,000ft gained, etc.

This would enhance club trip participation- esp among members that join groups like Meet Up and others. Would drive demand for more trips- esp hikes, hopefully driving more Leader participation as a result. It'd also be fun- great for bragging rights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve trip reports SD22

Improve trip reports by allowing date of trip and more photos, rich text, potential for an additional field.

Also want leaders to be able to submit trip reports that are linked to the activity as an official write up but also allow members to write trip reports.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed May 2016.

See new tech blog for details, choose View Trip Reports from the Explore menu to search them, or choose a route/place or activity where you were a participant to add one. Note that you can edit any that you have already submitted to take advantage of the new features.

12. Merge Duplicate Member Records

Member Services needs to be able to merge duplicate member records.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Email Management system needed

We need a better email management system so our members can choose which emails they want from us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In November we started using Exact Target to manage our newsletters and other organizational wide emails.

14. Improve the ability to act as family member for activity registration

It doesn't seem to be working to masquerade as a family member from the My Profile drop down menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remember Me Checkbox on login screen GH1051

Add "Remember Me" option so that my login persists until I deliberately logout. Or maybe increase the expiration timer to 24 hours or something like that. I just get tired of logging in 10 or 15 times a day. I'm not that concerned about the security risk--what's a hacker going to do...sign me up for a course?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you log in there is a box now that you can check that says “Keep me logged in.” Checking this box will keep you logged in for 30 days if you are simply closing your browser rather than logging out.

16. Honorary Members

Have a place on our site about our honorary members.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Member Directory SD10

Have a searchable member directory where I can contact any other member and see the badges they've earned

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the site search (search box in the header) anyone logged in can find other members and guests. This is how we implemented the member directory.

Remember there also the My Volunteer Profile and Find Volunteers (in the header’s “Volunteers” menu.

18. My Calendar SD411

Add a "My Calendar" page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar, or subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities.

Update April 2018
    We are "cancelling" this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cancelled  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Update April 2018
    We are “cancelling” this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of the original idea above. COMPLETEALL calendar views on our website come with a iCal download, so for anything with a calendar view, you can download the relevant calendars and view them overplayed…

19. Importing pre-website launch activity and course history onto the new website.

This is actively being worked on right now as part of a planned post-launch enhancement. It was one of the most frequently heard requests immediately after launch of the new website. There are a number of technical barriers and issues to work through because of the intense integration of activity, membership, course, and roster data that exists in our system, but the developers are telling us we can expect them all to be worked through by mid-December at this point.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed 12/8

We imported ALL courses, clinics, seminars and trips. We were not able to import all lectures and field trips related to a course. This means you will be able to see your course information, but won’t necessarily see all of the course related activities. For example: You will see that you took Basic Climbing, but will not see the crevasse-rescue field trip associated with that course.\

We felt it was important to have as much information imported as possible, which means the data isn’t always the cleanest. Prior to 2003, we did not have a good way of digitally storing this information. Which means some dates may be wrong – it defaults to 1906 – and some details may be missing (because they weren’t previously required). The current state of your profile history is the best we can provide the the historical data on file.

20. Make it easier for us to organize carpools

And have communication between trip participants be easier.

More specifically we would like to see whether person
    A) wants to carpool
    B) ride or drive
    C) where they are coming from
    D) Be able to contact them or potentially the whole group of people who wants to carpool in one swift email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was completed and launched on 12/8. If you have further suggestions about this tool please continue to list on the feedback site.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base