Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Medium Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add filters to the My Activities page GH2799

Filters to add include Activity Type, Trip Result, Participant Role, and Participant Result. This is useful for leaders to review participant activity info for leader's permission requests. It is also useful for helping keep committee rosters up-to-date.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update Gift Memberships Pricing Portlets GH2926

Update portlet text for Gift Memberships to show new price. Right now on the gift membership page and on the next page it shows the original price for memberships, not the discounted gift price, and it should probably show the regular price crossed out with the gift price in red. So for the holidays (December) it will be 25% off, and for any time earlier it will be 15% off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Pronoun Field to Profiles - Part 1 GH3031

We not only want people to be comfortable being themselves, but also to be celebrated for their identities and what makes them unique. In addition, we try to build a culture where we don’t make assumptions or pass judgment on each other. So if a person chooses to tell you their pronouns (in their profile or otherwise), they are simply letting you know how you can refer to them, without you having to make any assumptions.

Part 1 - Add pronoun field to profile edit form and profile display.

Part 2 - Add pronoun field to roster displays and downloads.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Only Count Trip, Clinic/Seminar Activities for Guest activity limit GH2769

We'd like new guest members to be able to sign up for courses that have two activities associated with them and be able to join for two regular hikes and right now the course related activities count towards your "guest count"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Connect Senior Household Memberships

Add functionality to connect Senior households memberships where both people in the household can switch between accounts, just like Family accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Medium Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We have a number of critical items currently on our high priority list, and while this would certainly be a benefit for our senior members, this project does not yet have enough votes to warrant higher prioritization, and, because it’s an improvement to existing functionality, we must prioritize it below things which need to be fixed or built for the first time.

7. My Gallery

Add a My Gallery section to My Profile that where I can upload photos and where photos I've uploaded to the the website in other areas like Trip Reports are displayed.

Ideally all photos I've added would be displayed by default, but I would be able to choose to hide certain ones from My Gallery even though they would still be displayed elsewhere on the website.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a couple of pages in the magazine to post gear for sale - would be a great service to both seller and buyer

Have a couple of pages in the magazine to post gear for sale - would be a great service for both seller and buyer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Tess Wendel responded

Hi Sharon,
    Right now our magazine only comes out quarterly which means if you want something to show up for Spring magazine (mar/april/may). you have to have your gear contribution in by January 1. This is a long time to plan out selling something. After talking with additional folks interested in selling gear we’ve determined that gear sellers need to be able to have a more timely place to advertise gear. There is also no way to indicate that gear has been sold.

We encourage folks to use Mountaineers Marketplace "https://www.facebook.com/groups/377304859047281/

9. Add a My Blog Posts Page GH2829

Add a "My Blog Posts" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own blog posts and blog posts by their favorite member bloggers more easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remember me function on log in page is broken GH2020

"Remember me" on the log in page is not working and when I open new windows or close my browser I have to log in again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We now have this fixed. Please let us know if you have any issues with the “Keep me logged in” feature.

Remember that when you use this it will last for 30 days for each device/browser combination so long as you do not log out.

11. Send "Your waiver is about to expire" email ~SFOnly

Send an automatic email out to folks before their waiver expires.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Header Messaging Capability SD517

We added a home page pop-up a while ago for getting important communications out to members and guests.

This would be rich text that appear in a box/stripe that appears just below the header (and above the admin panel if it is visible) so that we can present members and guests with a less obtrusive way to highlight things that we thing are really important. Also allow members and guests to close this message until it is refreshed (changed entirely or edited).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Email Alerts & Notifications Preferences to My Profile SD508/599/600/601

This could be allowing people to request an email notification for an activity or course when it becomes available. It could include notifications to committee chairs when leaders list activities sponsored by that committee. Please describe below what you'd specifically like to see as far as email notifications go that would help you sign up for the activities you want or help you manage your committee etc.

April Leader Survey showed interest in:

1. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity

2. Ability to receive a reminder notification about your trip this weekend

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Members on Waitlist to sign up for Additional Outings

The system currently does not allow members to sign up for more than one outing. If you are on a waitlist, particularly if you are third or more on that list, I think the system should allow you to also sign up for another trip as backup. It seems unfair to force members to give up a potential spot on their preferred trip only to confirm on less preferred trip simply because of the system. Thank you.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to see 'what trips i have done with this person'

It would be great if I could look up a person, and see the trips i've done with them in the past, along with their badges. So many times, we end up playing the 'i've been out with you somewhere. were you on my Norse Peak trip? no? may be on Snoqualmie last year then?' :)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Low Priority  ·  8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show Badge Dates on Mouse Over Tool Tip GH1598

When viewing a person's My Profile page, show the earned date and expiration date of the badge in a tool tip that appears on mouse-over.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

You can now see badge assigned and expiration dates when you “mouse over” the badge on your My Profile page.

17. Gift Certificates, Gift Cards, Store Credit SD308

Set up a system where people can purchase and give electronic gift certificates that are good for books, merchandise, course and activities. Gift certificates issues in whole dollar amounts. Offer a few suggestions like ($25, $50, $100). Have the giver specify and email address of the recipient. Allow the recipient to add the gift certificate to their account (require them to create an account if needed).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Publicly accessible API

As a member of the Mountaineers, I'd love to give back in a way that I have particular expertise.

It would be great of the website had a public facing REST API for exposing data such as events and classes.

At least in a read capacity. My particular goal would be to write an Android (and possibly iOS) app to browse the events and what not.

It would be great to have easy native access to my up coming events, and be able to launch navigation to the event right from the app.

I have extensive experience writing and working…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We receive a lot of offers from IT folks offering to help, particularly folks with development experience. While we appreciate it, our website is not terribly complicated but is incredibly specific to our organization. To effectively play in that space, someone needs to be both a master of our technology stack AND have a detailed and nuanced understanding of the interplay between volunteer needs, user behaviors, and how the backend systems sync and impact each other.

For that reason, we have chosen to hire staff to run our IT needs even though we have volunteers who could do it, just as we have chosen to hire a CEO even though we have volunteers with executive leadership experience.

We also discussed the idea of giving a technology committee access to our GitHub and developers to support development, or find another way to get volunteers involved “since their time is free”. And…

19. Add Message Board/Forum Capability

Would be great to have a space where leaders could put up an activity idea and find out if other leaders might be interested in joining up for key swaps, car camps, etc. Leaders could ask for anyone's recent experience with a particular trail or trailhead. On the same space, members could put up a trip that they'd like to do and see if they can interest a leader in doing it; barring that, to find other members who might like to do it privately.

Originally titled: Message board for leaders and members wanting to coordinate an activity

Other uses…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My Calendar SD411

Add a "My Calendar" page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar, or subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities.

Update April 2018
    We are "cancelling" this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cancelled  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

Update April 2018
    We are “cancelling” this for lack of a better status, because each of the items below is its own idea, and some are complete. Please visit the individual items to vote for or subscribe to them. Thanks!

Update April 26 2016
    Thanks to everyone who took the leader survey. The calendar requests with the most votes are below.

1. The ability to filter by weekday or weekend which we are tracking here: http://feedback.mountaineers.org/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7910340-weekend-activities-filter

2. Ability to receive a calendar reminder when registration is opening for an activity. This is part of the Alerts & Notification idea, https://mountaineers.uservoice.com/forums/273688-general-feedback/suggestions/7457242-add-bucket-tick-wish-list-and-email-notifications

3. Ability to sync outside calendar (Outlook, Google) with your Mountaineers Activities/Events which is part of the original idea above. COMPLETEALL calendar views on our website come with a iCal download, so for anything with a calendar view, you can download the relevant calendars and view them overplayed…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base