I suggest you ...

Require Group Leaders to respond to emails and/or phone calls

I was recently signed up for a kayak paddle from Boston Harbor to Hope Island. Two days before the trip I had a serious hiking accident in ONP which resulted in injury where I could not participate in the paddle I had signed up for. I emailed and called the trip leader several times and left messages telling him I would not be able to make the trip. I requested a confirmation that the message was received. Instead I was left wondering if the kayak group was going to be waiting for me to show up. I found this less than professional and understand trip leaders are volunteers - but come on, do the right thing and pick up the phone and make the courtesy return call. Thanks.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin FarrellKevin Farrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff BowmanAdminJeff Bowman (Bookstore / Member Service / IT, The Mountaineers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kevin,

Sorry to hear about you injury. I hope it is not serious and that you heal fast and are back to outdoor activities soon.

We do expect our leaders to respond as quickly and as best they can. For any number of reasons, this may not always happen. If you don't get a response from one our leaders, please send an email to info@mountaineers.org or call our Member Services Team at (206) 521-6001. We'll be happy to help you if we can and, at the very least, will contact the leader.

My apologies for the lack of response,

Jeff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jeff Bowman
        IT, Bookstore, Member Services
        JeffB@mountaineers.org
        (206) 521-6002
        The Mountaineers – Explore, Learn, Conserve
        Find us ONLINE: www.mountaineers.org
        Connect with us on FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/TheMountaineers
        Connect with us on TWITTER: twitter.com/MountaineersOrg

Feedback and Knowledge Base