I suggest you ...

YOU SHOULD HAVE A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM SO LOW-INCOME PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO JOIN AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS.

LOW-INCOME FAMILIES CAN NOT AFFORD YOUR HIGH MEMBERSHIP FEES.

IT IS A SHAME YOU CANNOT HAVE A SLIDING SCALE.

ANYONE WHO BELONGS TO THIS CLUB IS RUDE AND MEAN AND FULL OF THEMSELVES JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN AFFORD TO BELONG. I HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE SO FULL OF THEMSELVES.

YOU SHOULD TRY LETTING IN THE OTHER CLASSES AND MINORITIES.

CELEBRATE SOME FINANCIAL DIVERSITY AND MAYBE THE RICH STUCK UP PEOPLE WILL LEAVE.

ONLY RICH WHITE REPUBLICANS CAN BE A MOUNTAINEER.

THAT IS SAD.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Outdoor Youth Connections offers youth scholarships for outdoor activities. We have funded Mountaineer memberships, courses, and even gear--anything to get kids outside--in the past. We have strong ties with the Mountaineers...not sure why they are not steering you to us for financial assistance.

Check out the "Grants" section of our website: www.myoyc.org

• Chuck CelmerChuck Celmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, price is a concern BUT believe me I fall way into the federal poverty schedule but this is one place where spending "a little" gets me a lot compared to any other venue. I try to make my contributions back by leading activities that are open to nonmembers at no cost except getting themselves to where we are hiking, snowshoeing or backpacking. I also have gone to the effort of being background checked so that these people can bring their children along and feel safe - per Mountaineers policy. I also make those trip offerings geared to those who don't have the physical abilities of the elite climbers in order to offer them the chance to enjoy the outdoors in a way that their circumstances might not normally allow. Yes I'm an old white male and can't do much about that but definitely not Republican OR Democrat, just a believer in truth and justice.

• SuJ'nSuJ'n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the underlying concern and issues about accessibility, but do not agree with the unfair blanket characterization of the membership.

Feedback and Knowledge Base