I suggest you ...

Why vote in the board of trustees election

Why bother to vote in the board of trustees election? There are four candidates for four slots. That's not an election, that's a rubber stamp for a slate pre-selected by the board. This kind of "election" doesn't encourage participation by the membership - quite the opposite. There should be a real choice, not a fixed slate.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Morgan RobinsonMorgan Robinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least you have a pretense of voting. In Everett, we "forget" to have elections. And when we do have them, only subscribers to the email blasts get a ballot.

• Jeff BowmanAdminJeff Bowman (Bookstore / Member Service / IT, The Mountaineers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We hope that all of our members would be active in choosing our leadership. Each year, a Nominating Committee chooses people to fill all of the available positions on the Board of Directors. Others may be nominated from the floor at the Annual Meeting. Please do come to the Annual Meeting and nominate anyone for our Board of Directors who you think would be a great asset our organization. The Annual Meetings are held in September; keep an eye on the magazine or news on the home page for the date, time and place each year.

Feedback and Knowledge Base