Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Add Financial Assistance Link on Course/Activity Layout GH2749

Should say "Apply for Financial Assistance"
    We'd also like to move the Cancellation and Refund link below Availability so we have text that breaks up the two links.

https://www.mountaineers.org/membership/financial-assistance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a My Trip Reports Page GH2419 & 2631

Add a "My Trip Reports" page to the My Profile area so that members can find their own trip reports and trip reports by others easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SEO Improvements 2017-18 GHP1 SD587

We engaged Portent, Inc. to review our website from an SEO (Search Engine Optimization, e.g. Google) perspective. They gave us a set of recommendations that involve both technical and content improvements to our website. Overall, this is likely a large project, but will likely be many very small projects that we can accomplish with our monthly support over time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Transportation and membership

My idea would be be able to full enjoy the Mountaineers without a car. It seems very difficult to do so, hikes in particular. Make it easier to delete our account and membership if needed. Great customer service.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With window reduced, 'Learn' is not visible

When you reduce the size of your window the LEARN menu and the left quarter of the screen disappears. Scroll bar appears fully left but missing key navigation features on the site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We launched the website mobile responsive theme on Oct 4 and this was fixed as part of that effort.

6. it would be wonderful to easily order maps online

order USGS/Green Trails maps online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reply to doesn't work on all email from mountaineers.org

Replying to emails written from leaders through mountaineers.org are not working for Windows 10 mail. Obviously Mountaineers can't control Windows but it might make sense to switch to participants being cc'd on organizing or the leader being cc'd so members don't send Member Services trip logistical emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Tess Wendel responded

Thanks for providing feedback. Unfortunately we can’t fix Windows 10 mail but it does work for other mail programs. We also have an option for leaders to capture roster emails and easily copy and paste them into their email in the cc’ field if a leader does have Windows 10 or wants to help facilitate carpooling.

8. Printable Membership Card GH1834

We’ve had some feedback lately (well, always) from certain members who always want a membership card. Sending them individually is time consuming and expensive. How feasible would it be to design a page (something VERY simple) where people could print out their own membership cards?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Problem with "cancellation pending"

Cancellation pending can be a problem for leaders when they are trying to cancel people off and add people from the waitlist right before the course. The people in "cancellation pending" count towards the number of registered students, which means that their spots can't be offered to anyone else until Member Services reviews their status and issues the refund, etc. Member Services then changes the status to "cancelled" which then frees up that spot for someone else. But the problem is that this lag in between "cancelled" and "cancellation pending" can sometimes take days and prevents leaders from being able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Garrett Arnold responded

I am sorry to hear you’ve experienced a lag time on cancellations. Unfortunately we need the cancellation pending status to process refunds. Member Services does cancellations every business day so if you are seeing a lag time of more than one business day on a course roster that is time sensitive please email info@mountaineers.org or give us a ring at 206-521-6001 so we can update immediately. Additionally if the course is shortly approaching you are welcome to email those on the waitlist to let them know they are in, send them course materials and alert them they will be offered a spot shortly.

In addition to our daily cancellation pending notifications we also recently implemented a weekly cancellation pending report to help ensure that these are processed in a timely manner.

10. Install Step-Up Engagemant App SD416

StepUp is Percolator Consulting's engagement app for Salesforce, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management database).

It adds functionality to our Salesforce to create the ability to measure the engagement levels of our guests, members, and volunteers. This Percolator-designed Salesforce App allows you to assign an engagement score related to actions taken with our organization, and then roll all of those scores up into one master "engagement score". We can use this to identify potential donors, volunteers, and to single out guests who might be the most interested in converting to a member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Autorenewal purchases show in My Purchases area GH1393

Right now autorenewal purchases don't go through shopping cart so not showing up properly in My Purchases tab of the My Profile page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Properly Group and Sort Replies to Comments GH1392

We're currently sorting trip reports and blog comments in reverse chronological order. This part is okay. But replies to a trip report or blog comment seem to appear "above" the post to which they apply. Ideally we want to place them "below" the post to which they reply and better differentiate replies from the original post.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Comments and replies are properly grouped and sorted in chronological order now.

13. When viewing someones profile make the "My Activities etc" show up differently than one's personal profile GH901

When browsing another members page, many of the headers appear as if I'm viewing my own page (My Activities, My Profile, My Courses). It's a bit confusing at first whether those will continue navigating another users page, or will take me to my own.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When viewing someone else’s profile we now have changes to help make it clearer whose profile you are looking at. When you are looking at someone else’s profile it no longer says My Activities or My Courses it simply says Courses and Activities and the person’s name is inserted above so it is clear that it isn’t your profile you are looking through.

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhance promo code limits GH1111

As discussed, can you please talk to David about adding a “max use” requirement for our Promo Code. Right now you can add a maximum use per person, but not per code. Meaning you can only use a code once, but then you could give me the code and I could use it (also only once).

Ideally we’d like to create a requirement for promo codes so they can only be used once (in the case of gift membership) which means we don’t’ ever need to go back in and add an expiration date, as it will expire once it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Develop Member Dashboard

Create a member dashboard that allows us to more easily track membership by type, branch, member interests etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a UI for staff to process membership dues

Staff have a 21-step manual process for processing dues paid by check currently. We need a better user-interface and process for this system since a large portion of dues still come via snail mail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Membership Join dates so they are not linked to other family members profiles

Join dates were getting modified when membership types were being changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been fixed so they are no longer linked however we were not able to individually identify records where this has happened. Please contact member services at info@mountaineers.org if this happened to you so we can update your profile accordingly.

19. Streamline waitlist registration for course related field trips

Right now if you are registered for one field trip but on the waitlist for another and get off the waitlist you are not automatically removed from the other roster. Ideally there would be some sort of notice reminding the person to cancel off their other list or some sort of automation.
    -Submitted by Chris Williams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We added info to the confirmation emails instructing students to check their roster statuses before confirming the new course registration.

20. On line user account changes

Hello,
    My credit card changed. I use it for automatic renewal payments. Thee is no clear way for me to update my credit card info via the web site login. Pleae let me know how I can update my credit card info on line.
    Thank You, Gary Zink

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gary,
    To update your credit card for autorenewal payments you’ll want to log in and go to My Profile and click the Recurring Payments tab on the left hand side.

Tess

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base