Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

21 results found

1. Inclusion with senior/ adult members wanting to add kids as guest to family activities

When you go to try to select a "Guest Family" membership and already have a different type of membership you get the message:

"You are choosing to change your membership from Senior or Adult to Guest Family. Click OK to continue, or Cancel to keep your current membership type."
    Could this be added to this message: "Please contact member services at info@mountaineers.org if you would like to include a family member as a guest and are not able to upgrade to a family
    membership at this time. We may be able to assist you."

This will support family in all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Phone support for Elder members who do not use the internet

I often hear this feedback but I don't think I've done a great job documenting it, so here goes.
    Today I spoke with 50 year member Diana Edgar and I thanked her and let her know her of recent lifetime membership.

While we were speaking she shared how much she loved being a Mountaineer but she has felt so cut off lately because she doesn't know how she can participate when everything is online and she doesn't use email or a computer. She deeply wishes there was a way for her to sign up for activities that was easy for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple Blog Authors

Allowing for multiple blog authors would be a great way to recognize all volunteers who contribute to a piece.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Develop Support for Non-English Script

Currently our website rosters and the mailings we send do not support non-English scripts. Our members would like for their names, written in their native languages, to display correctly.

More information from Super Volunteer Ananth Maniam:

When participants Sign up for my trip and on mailers sent to my home and when leaders email back to me. My contact name comes like below
    Ananth Maniam (??????? ??????)

This is because the (?????? ?????) are supposed to be my native script
    Ananth Maniam (ஆனந்த் மணியம்)

This feature sometime works when I print roster - It works, it doesn't work when participants…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would very much like to implement this, and right now technical constraints make it nearly impossible. Most platforms require its owners to choose a single language (keyboard layout), for which we were required to choose English for our website (which operates on a Plone Platform). Right now, in some places, non-English text is supported, but it varies and we do not have control. The biggest issue is when we export things to our Salesforce CRM, which translates everything as plain text and thus only accepts English characters. Until our platforms are updated more broadly to accept more than one keyboard, we’re stuck with using the U.S. English language/layout. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the Bio field in your profile to celebrate your culture, heritage, or history.

5. Add filters to the My Activities page GH2799

Filters to add include Activity Type, Trip Result, Participant Role, and Participant Result. This is useful for leaders to review participant activity info for leader's permission requests. It is also useful for helping keep committee rosters up-to-date.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a Calendar View of the My Activities Page SD411

As a logged in member or guest, allow me choose a calendar view/display of the My Activities page where I can see all of my activities on a calendar and subscribe to an iCal feed of my activities and events so that I can better manage my schedule.

NOTES:
    Ideally we'd continue to have one My Activities page and add "buttons" to toggle between the "List" and "Calendar" views, even though they may be two different pages/links.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Medium Priority  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create "Trip Reporter" Badge ~WebsiteContent

What if we created a “Trip Reporter” badge (or some such name) to award to folks who leave 5+ trip reports a year? This would encourage more people to leave trip reports, and help with our goals to gamify membership engagement.

Here's a good trip reporter example: https://www.mountaineers.org/members/dave-morgan/trip-reports

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to add merchandise when renewing or buying a membership or gift membership GH2754

It'd be neat to be able to buy a mountaineers hat or pint glass when joining and/or buying a gift membership for someone.

You might also like section should show up on Join the Mountaineers page in addition to showing on the shopping cart.

Similar set up for gift memberships

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Gallery View: Slide Show and Grid View SD631

Add slide show and grid view to galleryview for folders (not Book and Merchnadise details pages):

Slide Show: Add a slide show selector to galleryview with full screen, timer and left/right arrow controls.If there are videos (or any non-image content) in the folder, skip them.

Grid View: Add a grid selector and display a grid of thumbnails in galeryview. Open the image in a popup overlaying the grid/page when clicked. Close the popup via an "X" in the upper right of the image popup (and maybe left/right arrows on the popup?).

Image Download Note: Though it's worth noting that currently…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Connect Senior Household Memberships

Add functionality to connect Senior households memberships where both people in the household can switch between accounts, just like Family accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Medium Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

We have a number of critical items currently on our high priority list, and while this would certainly be a benefit for our senior members, this project does not yet have enough votes to warrant higher prioritization, and, because it’s an improvement to existing functionality, we must prioritize it below things which need to be fixed or built for the first time.

11. My Gallery

Add a My Gallery section to My Profile that where I can upload photos and where photos I've uploaded to the the website in other areas like Trip Reports are displayed.

Ideally all photos I've added would be displayed by default, but I would be able to choose to hide certain ones from My Gallery even though they would still be displayed elsewhere on the website.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow changing quantities for refunds GH1847

Right now its hard to do refund for purchases with quantity greater than 1. Now that we are selling merch we need to fix this functionality

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate Salesforce with Acumatica

The current process involves manual assignment of revenue codes for memberships, courses, etc., a time-consuming task that is subject to inconsistent interpretation and error. Integration would automate this process, reducing time spent entering data and improve the accuracy of our data. We'd also like to sync (or be able use an export-import process) to transfer data from SF to Acumatica.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Header Messaging Capability SD517

We added a home page pop-up a while ago for getting important communications out to members and guests.

This would be rich text that appear in a box/stripe that appears just below the header (and above the admin panel if it is visible) so that we can present members and guests with a less obtrusive way to highlight things that we thing are really important. Also allow members and guests to close this message until it is refreshed (changed entirely or edited).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update Billing Info for Automatic Renewal GH1977

The billing info associated with autorenewal payments is not getting updated in tandem with the user’s profile. Let's tweak the process to update the autorenewal billing info whenever the profile is updated, or at least give users the option to also update their billing info when they update their payment card info.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SHOW AUTOMATIC WARNING FOR AUTOMATIC FAILED PAYMENTS AND EXPIRING CREDIT CARD SD432

Change the "about to be charged" message to a "your payment failed" message on the My Payments page when a scheduled payment fails (annual dues and/or monthly donation). Also show a red warning on the main My Profile page and the My Payments page if the credit card if it expires before one of the person's automatic payments is scheduled.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tailor receipt (thank you) page messages to items purchased SD344

Add six rich text fields to the Thank You page for each of these item types: membership, course, activity, book, merchandise, donation. Each field would be displayed if the shopping cart contains and item of its type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import Very Old Activity History SD407

We imported all history from 2003 onward, because the format of our former database fit the model of our new database fairly well. We do have history from the early 1990's to 2003 that was imported from our first database to our former database. However, it is just a list (titles and dates) on people's records with no link to an activity record. It will take some effort to import and display this info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Save Credit Card Info for Purchases SD328

Allow members and guests to save credit card info when checking out and use saved credit card info to pay when checking out. We should allow multiple cards, choice of which one to use when checking out, ability to update (usually expiration date and CCV), remove, or add from the Shopping Cart. Allow the user to update, remove and add credit card info from their My Profile area too. We need to consider the implications to the recurring payments (automatic annual dues and monthly donations) too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?