Skip to content

General Feedback

This forum is for you to share ideas and exchange feedback with Mountaineers members, guests, volunteers, and leadership. You may vote for or comment on any idea and will be notified of its status changes. Your feedback helps us prioritize projects and improvements for our organization.

We receive lots of great ideas, so please search the forum before adding a new one. If your idea is not yet in our forum, please post it with a simple title and an explanation, and how it could benefit The Mountaineers. If you want to learn more about what we've already implemented and what is up next, please visit our Technology Blog. Thank you for your participation!

Please note that all our courses, events, trips, course-related activities, clinics, seminars, and lodge stays have forms for you to give feedback when you participate. You’ll get an email reminder to do so just after the activity. If your feedback is of urgent nature it may be best to contact the chair of the committee that sponsors that program directly. Not sure who the chair is? Visit our Committee Chair Directory or contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.

If there was a safety incident or near miss, you will have the opportunity for submitting an Incident Report after submitting activity feedback. You may also use the Incident Report button on the activity detail page (from your My Activities page) or contact our Safety Committee directly at safety@mountaineers.org.

If you reached this site wanting to report problem behavior or harassment by another member, please submit a Behavior Complaint Form.

If you purchased books or merchandise and checked out or donated without having first logged into an account, we started an account for you. You can obtain the username and choose a password by using our reset password feature. If you need more help, please contact our Member Services Team at info@mountaineers.org.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Lead Activity Again via "Single Activity Cloning" GH3234

To make it easier for leaders to schedule an activity that they've already led, add what is sort of a copy-and-paste/single clone feature and display on the Lead Activity Again button in the "Manage Activity" portlet.

This new "single clone" feature would:
    - Create a copy of the activity
    - Place it in the same folder as the activity being copied
    - Increment it's URL as if it were made by staring with the route/place
    - Run all of error and conflict checks
    - Display the newly added/copied activity's edit form with any errors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Favorites: Flag interest on an activity

I would like to see a feature in the website to let me flag to myself that I am interested in signing up for an activity, that I can return to with a filter and decide whether to sign up or let it slip. Personally, I would not care if my interest flags were visible to others.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show past activities on a route

When looking at a route, you can see future activities as well as trip reports. I'd like to see a list of past activities, along with their completion status and leader name (whether they posted a trip report or not).
    This would make it easier to contact past trip leaders to ask them about conditions, etc. as well as to get a sense of when people typically use the route.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit? GH3075

When trips are co-led by two leaders who report to different branches and committees please can both sponsor and share credit?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Participant Note Types

Participant Note Types:

Enhance participant notes capability so that users with the ability to add participant notes may select from a range of pre-determined “note types” (still to be determined, but could include “positive comment, future leader potential, conditioning issue, behavior issue, other comment”) when entering participant notes in addition to entering free text notes. Note types as well as free text become a part of a member’s profile.

Filtering Note Types:

Users with the ability to research participant notes are able to filter participant notes by the pre-determined note types. This allows activity leaders and committee leaders to quickly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Email Notification for Comments SD642

Make it so comments on trip reports, blog posts, etc. send an email to the person who posted the trip report so they can respond and have a dialogue about conditions. We'll also need a way to opt out of this email.

Note: If the commenter shared their profile their name is a link that will provide their email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Activity Seach Option: Meet Prerequisites SD640

Have an option to filter out activities you are not eligible. For example, I am a glacier travel graduate who can do certain climbs, but not all. It would be neat if I could filter out the activities that I do not have the proper badge for!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add activity templates to accomodate seasonal variations for climbing

When we transition to skill badges as pre-requisites for trips I'd like to be able to modify the default pre-req badges on the activity I list depending on the season. For example if I lead a trip to the tooth in June I want it to have all of the regular basic alpine skills like snow travel, belay etc but in August I want to be able to remove the snow travel skill pre-requisite or have a template that brings up a different set of requirements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Medium Priority  ·  Jeff Bowman responded

This will require committee buy-in, update of our activity standards, and adequate explanation so leaders an participants understand them.

9. An optional listing of activities by sign-up closing date would be useful.

Greetings, I am looking at the webpage listing of backpacking trips
    https://www.mountaineers.org/explore/activities#c4=Backpacking&_authenticator=85ed85bf9f9b5b690f54ae2e41091ad49b0b5563
    and there are trips that commence several weeks from now that have sign-ups closing this week. I suspect that these trips will be undersubscribed because people don't scroll down far enough. If the trips could optionally be listed by sign-up closure, that would help these trips to get more attention. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter for Full Courses/Activities SD638/639

Use cases:
    * I am a participant and I want to only view courses and activities that have availability.
    * I am a leader and I want to only view courses and activities that have leader availability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show waitlist participants to other registered participants

I would like to see who is on waitlist for an activity I am registered for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Utilize Gallery View for Images on Routes & Places GH2825

Like we have for our book and merchandise detail pages, use a main image display and thumbnails below for the route/place images(s) displayed at the upper right of each route/place.

An alternative that may be less effort is to add a "Gallery" tab to the tabbed nav area and show all images in the route/place's "Images" folder with the "Gallery" view.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base